PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day Weekend Get-Together

Twice Bitten
05-27-2004, 10:57 PM
Is anyone interested in a get-together at the Frank's house (Champions Park, FM1960/Cutten) this weekend...say Saturday night...for some good spicy boiled crawfish, cold drinks, and maybe poker by the pool? We are creating our own entertainment and want a headcount of possible interested parties. We are famous for our short notice gatherings. Kids optional...this could either be an adult party, or we can get a couple of sitters if people prefer to bring their kids. Anyone game? :bounce: Details to follow depending on interest level.

93KingCobra
05-27-2004, 11:00 PM
Sound's like alot of fun!!! I would most likely be interested if there is a good group..

Phil

Carl G
05-27-2004, 11:04 PM
I have Brian's graduation on saturday, maybe sometime afterwards. I confirm back on Friday. Sounds like fun to me.

Twice Bitten
05-27-2004, 11:08 PM
Hadn't thought about Sunday...I know there are a BUNCH of graduations on Saturday. Would Sunday be better or worse for anyone since most people are off Monday?

Carl G
05-27-2004, 11:13 PM
Hadn't thought about Sunday...I know there are a BUNCH of graduations on Saturday. Would Sunday be better or worse for anyone since most people are off Monday?I will try to come on Saturday if not to late for sure on Sunday. You srt the date that works for you and Rachel

97CasperCobra
05-28-2004, 01:41 AM
Sunday would work AWESOME for me.....I'll show off the NXT job on Casper. :D

Should we bring anything Larry/Rachel??? Let us know. :thumbsup:

Thanks!!

Twice Bitten
05-28-2004, 08:29 AM
OK so Sunday may be a better day...also encouraging people who don't know us to REALLY consider responding...if you are not a regular event attendee...this promises to be a lot of fun! And if MIKE will come out, then there you go! ( :love: you Uncle Mike!) Phil??? Sunday OK for you?

bluethunder
05-28-2004, 08:52 AM
See, I'm even going to ask- Can I come and bring the wife? :(
:doubt:

Levi
05-28-2004, 09:46 AM
Sounds great. This is a vary nice thing that you do. :)

97CasperCobra
05-28-2004, 10:31 AM
I WILL be there....I promise. :thumbsup:

What time are we thinking???

Mephisto
05-28-2004, 10:42 AM
Saturday if definite NO

Sunday is small possibility.

93KingCobra
05-28-2004, 11:02 AM
I can make it on Sunday +1. What time are ya'll thinking about doin this thing an can I bring anything?

Phil

msmap
05-28-2004, 11:05 AM
No can do, have a graduation party to attend on Sunday, Phillip is graduating on Saturday.

bluethunder
05-28-2004, 11:28 AM
Can't go- just Got Permission to go to Clash of the Titans in San Antonio - So tonight I hook the bottle up and hit the road!
I'll post up time on how I did.

John Chingasos
05-28-2004, 11:39 AM
So are kids in or out????? Lemme know so I can ask my boss DOHH!!! I mean wife

Firme
05-28-2004, 11:54 AM
Annie and I will be there I guess

John Chingasos
05-28-2004, 12:15 PM
Can't go- just Got Permission to go to Clash of the Titans in San Antonio - So tonight I hook the bottle up and hit the road!
I'll post up time on how I did.

When is clash of the titans???? Could you post a link for info??

bluethunder
05-28-2004, 12:19 PM
When is clash of the titans???? Could you post a link for info??

John- It's this weekend in San Antonio

Here is the link!
http://www.theclashofthetitans.com/home/default.asp

Although I was just leaving for lunch and heard a nasty pop in the rear end and now the car won't go! It just sit's there and makes a noise like a jar full on change!
Called a tow truck and wait to see if I can get the new rear end in it tonight! If not then I will catch the next round of Clash here in houston.
Hope it's gone so I can put the new 31 spline rear end in and then really have some fun!

Twice Bitten
05-28-2004, 12:40 PM
Our house is kid friendly for obvious reasons :D :D

bluethunder
05-28-2004, 12:46 PM
Our house is kid friendly for obvious reasons :D :D

What's that supposed to mean?????? :doubt:

I wanna see the old car!

Twice Bitten
05-28-2004, 01:56 PM
What's that supposed to mean?????? :doubt:

I wanna see the old car!

Think about the picture in the other thread Yoey :banghead: :crazy: :doh2:

bluethunder
05-28-2004, 02:04 PM
Think about the picture in the other thread Yoey :banghead: :crazy: :doh2:

I see no pictures??????

Twice Bitten
05-28-2004, 02:04 PM
OK...how about Sunday say 6 'ish? between 6 and 7, kids welcome, just please give me a headcount so i can plan food, sitters, etc. NOTE TO PARENTS: we do have a pool and 2 large friendly rather stupid dogs, for those bringing kids

bring...poker money and cerveza if you don't like Bud Light or Coors Light

PM me with concerns...i will work on the details this afternoon and get back with you...keep responding with headcounts

Levi
05-28-2004, 02:10 PM
I'm in. :thumbsup:

And maybe will be discussing how to install an IRS in a 98 Cobra. :)

UPDATE: We will be discussing this topic. :bounce:

Twice Bitten
05-28-2004, 02:41 PM
I see no pictures??????

The post like father like son!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evilcartman
05-28-2004, 02:46 PM
I'm going to try and make it. We have to go to the inlaws on Sunday, but I think it's during the day. I will talk to Angela and find out for sure.

Mephisto
05-28-2004, 02:49 PM
Checked with the boss and I am out for Sunday as well, so have fun Texas Hell Snakes!

Carl G
05-28-2004, 03:17 PM
Deb and I are in :thumbsup: Can we bring anything?

cobrapace94
05-28-2004, 04:49 PM
It's a possibility I might get to come by for a while on Sunday, if I finish all the honey do's.. I'll let you know.

03 cobra toy
05-28-2004, 05:28 PM
Sorry can't make it... :D

Twice Bitten
05-28-2004, 06:18 PM
Cobrapace94...finish the "honeydo's" and bring the honey too. Kids are in...there are just to many of us with kids to exclude and we are completely kid friendly with a huge playroom etc. and I'll get at least 1 or 2 sitters. Don't bring anything other than poker money and beer (if you prefer something other than Bud Light or Coors Light). Let's say any time between 6:00 and 7:00 p.m. Let me know if you have any questions! David...tell Tanya I'm hoping she comes... ;) BE SURE TO BRING YOUR WIVES/SIGNIFICANT OTHERS!

jimmysidecarr
05-28-2004, 11:03 PM
Looks like I'm in.... with my wife Gail.... will confirm for sure saturday afternoon..... Looking forward to meeting more SVTers!!!

GOT MY CAR BACK!!!! :bounce:
Jimmy :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
05-29-2004, 12:41 AM
we are completely kid friendly with a huge playroom etc.

The playroom isn't just for kids.....I had a wonderful time there. :thumbsup:

Can't wait to see everyone there.........I'll be there and may try to bring a friend of mine who's looking to get back into a Cobra. :thumbsup:

Twice Bitten
05-29-2004, 09:47 AM
I have noticed people checking out this thread who are not "regular attendees" and we REALLY encourage new folks (or old!) to come hang out!

Current headcount:

DEFINITE:
Larry & Rachel (2 kids)
Edmond & Annie
Mike & Friend
Jimmy & Gail
Carl & Deb
Phil & Friend
Stan
Joey & Kathy
Bart & Karen
Darrell & spouse
Keith & Angela (& Kevin)
6 other hoodlums y'all don't know

MAYBE:
John & spouse (kids?)
David & Tanya (boys?)

That looks like a GREAT group! We'll do chicken for those not enthused about crawfish...plan to have a great time, RAIN OR SHINE! We'll have a poker table and the gals will have a table for Left-Right-Center (bring several $1 bills!).

Twice Bitten
05-29-2004, 10:08 AM
OK, we have 2 playrooms, one for little kids and one for BIG kids ;)
I promise the food will not be more than an hour late, but the beer will be cold and on time, probally early :D

I guess I could break in the double barrel frozen drink machine, your choices are
1. strawberry daquiri or margarita
2. margarita
3. hurricane

only can do 2 at a time.

Bartman01
05-29-2004, 01:48 PM
Add Karen and I to the yes list. Looks like we will be able to make it.

Carl G
05-29-2004, 02:01 PM
All of those Cobras parked out in front of the house. :thumbsup: What will the neighbors think :D This sounds like a fun time ahead. Looking forward to it.

bluethunder
05-29-2004, 07:02 PM
I have noticed people checking out this thread who are not "regular attendees" and we REALLY encourage new folks (or old!) to come hang out!

Current headcount:

DEFINITE:
Larry & Rachel (2 kids)
Edmond & Annie
Mike & Friend
Jimmy & Gail
Carl & Deb
Phil & Friend
Stan
Joey & Kathy
Bart & Karen

MAYBE:
Darrell & spouse
John & spouse (kids?)
Keith & Angela (Kevin?)
David & Tanya (boys?)

That looks like a GREAT group! We'll do chicken for those not enthused about crawfish...plan to have a great time, RAIN OR SHINE! We'll have a poker table and the gals will have a table for Left-Right-Center (bring several $1 bills!).

WOW!!!!! I made the List!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :doubt: :jawdrop: :surprise: :surprise: :woot: :woot: :woot:

PS- Larry- Me and the woman found something I figured you couldn't Live without so I got it for you!

Twice Bitten
05-29-2004, 08:06 PM
WOW!!!!! I made the List!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :doubt: :jawdrop: :surprise: :surprise: :woot: :woot: :woot:

PS- Larry- Me and the woman found something I figured you couldn't Live without so I got it for you!

I finally get my Ford GT!!!!!!!!!!! :D :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

93KingCobra
05-29-2004, 08:17 PM
How about detailed intructions on how to get to your house?????

jimmysidecarr
05-29-2004, 08:27 PM
Rain :( ....or ......shine :D ........ Gail and I are a CONFIRMED SHOW!!..... I'll bring some extra Odouls for myself, and whom ever else
might want to moderate toward the end......(driving time) :doubt:

Plus now I get to work on my abysmal "NAME-FACE" recognition :rolleyes:

Oh......... and everyone can break my stones about my snakes being on back wards :mad: LOL
Jimmy :thumbsup:

Twice Bitten
05-29-2004, 08:38 PM
Jimmy, that is great to bring O'Doul's, thanks. Driving instructions: we are at 6814 Ashmore, which is in Champions Park subdivision, basically at Cutten and 1960. From Hwy 249 and 1960, head EAST (towards 45 for the directionally challenged) until you reach Cutten road, a light with a Chevron, Chik-Fil-A and the SRO sports bar. You can turn LEFT (go North) on Cutten, then take a right on Pebble Beach, the 1st entry into the subdivision which is marked by a big brick entryway. Take Pebble Beach to Champions Park drive (which actually comes out to 1960, but is an unprotected left turn), turn LEFT, go up about 4-5 streets to ASHMORE, turn LEFT, we are the 3rd house on the RIGHT, a 2-story grey brick with several trucks in the driveway. CALL IF LOST 281-583-9732. ANY TIME FROM 6 P.M. ON IS GREAT! Poker money and dollar bills are all you should bring!

97CasperCobra
05-29-2004, 11:02 PM
dollar bills are all you should bring!

A busty female police officer isn't gonna show up asking to frisk me is there?? :p ....wonder if I should hit up Texas Tobacco for some cigars.

I should be there right about 6pm, gotta spend some quality time w/my nephews Landon and Riley. :thumbsup:

Carl G
05-29-2004, 11:10 PM
Where is my good buddy Andy going to be? :D I cant believe he has not responded to this post! ;) :thumbsup:

Firme
05-30-2004, 09:10 AM
Where is my good buddy Andy going to be? :D I cant believe he has not responded to this post! ;) :thumbsup:

Southwestern Bell is on strike. :( Poor Andy

Twice Bitten
05-30-2004, 09:18 AM

I talked to Andy yesterday, he has other plans :)

Firme
05-30-2004, 01:23 PM
Put Keith, Angela, and baby Kevin down as definitely comming.

They are in Bernham right now and can't post, but wanted to confirm for sure. They think they will be able to make it right around 6.

Twice Bitten
05-30-2004, 01:32 PM
OK...the current headcount is about 28 plus 8 kids. AWESOME! :woot: The party starts any time from 6 p.m. on, don't worry if you are running late, and it ends only after the cops come TWICE. Any brave souls who aren't ashamed to be seen in a swimsuit are welcome...the pool is sparkling! See you there!

John Chingasos
05-30-2004, 04:50 PM
All right

I am in and I am bringing my boss and my 5 year old son.

Evilcartman
05-30-2004, 06:20 PM
All right

I am in and I am bringing my boss and my 5 year old son. BUT PLEASE DO ME A FAVOR ........ABSOLUTELY NO DISCUSSION ON ANYTHING that would get me in trouble OK my wife is very conservative not CRAZY like me!!!

I AM OUT............................LATE :D :cool: :cool: :cool:

Sounds like we have something to do tonight. :bounce:

Carl G
05-31-2004, 11:27 AM
Thanks for a great time at larry and Rachels last night . It was sure fun to see everyone. Food was great and lots of good people to talk to. Good to meet Jimmys, Darrells, and John's wife. Deb and and I have a lot of fun.Glad to see Keith and Angela with that big boy Kevin. Larry and Rachel you did a great job thanks again for having us. Another fun evening for the gang from SCMC. :thumbsup:

John Chingasos
05-31-2004, 03:47 PM
Thanks for a great time at larry and Rachels last night . It was sure fun to see everyone. Food was great and lots of good people to talk to. Good to meet Jimmys, Darrells, and John's wife. Deb and and I have a lot of fun.Glad to see Keith and Angela with that big boy Kevin. Larry and Rachel you did a great job thanks again for having us. Another fun evening for the gang from SCMC. :thumbsup:

I couldnt have said it better :D the family had a great time......THANKS FOR THE Hospitality.......wish we coulda stayed later and play more card but you know how it is w/ newborn