PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! X Pipe Install

virginCobra
05-27-2004, 10:59 PM
I tried to search to see if anyone else has ever had this question, but I didn't come across anything..

I am currently trying to install my catt'd Bassani x-pipe. I am trying to get the stock H off. The passanger side is busting my f'ing nuts. :mad:

I have the car jacked up and I am under the dam thing trying all sorts of knuckles and entensions woth no prevail. THe bolts are winning.

Can someone please give me a tip to get the bolts off the stock headers?? Right combination of tools. I'll buy anything I have to (aside from a lift), so feel free to be creative. Please! :bounce:

I am a little emotional right now cause I really want to hear the new pipe with the bassani cat back I am putting on as well.

cobrabitn
05-28-2004, 12:35 AM
You will have to use an extension or several of them and an extension that bends or twists. I don't know what they are called, all I know is I have one for just such cases. Make sure you are going in the right direction by using a ratchet with your sockets and your 90 degree bendable extension.

Let me know if that works for you? I have changed out my OR pipe twice and it's aggrevating. Make sure you have all of the exhaust off the car too as that will allow you to move the H pipe around a little.

HTH

Tony

virginCobra
05-28-2004, 01:01 AM
Thanx Tony.. I have been sttign here drinking beer waiting for someone to reply.. I run over to sears tomorrow and see what they have.

Firme
05-28-2004, 01:17 AM
its also a good idea to spray some liquid wrench on there and let it soak.

virginCobra
05-28-2004, 07:31 AM
I should have mentioned I have been soaking the b*tch in PB.

smashedheadcat
05-28-2004, 08:48 AM
That "bending" extension also known as a "universal" or "swivel." I use about 12-18 inches of extensions, with the universal connected to a deepwell socket. Spray liquid wrench, WD-40, or something similar on it. They pop right off. I would also recommend getting a new gasket that goes between the passenger side header and the X-pipe. If you can't get one, use some kind of exhaust sealer from autozone or advance auto and apply it to the factory gasket (if damaged). You should be alright.

Josh