PDA

View Full Version : Tried of Bad Brakes

beerkat
05-29-2004, 06:58 PM
Well after running the 2nd annual CMP event and then doing a NASA event 3 week later I went through two sets of rotors, 3 sets of brake pads, and a couple of calipers, I decided that I could no longer afford to run my truck on the track. So today I traded in our SVT Focus and got a 2003 10th Anniversary Black Mustang Cobra convertible. I still have my Lightning but it will become a tow truck in the future. You will be seeing me around asking questions. I have two to start with:

1) Who and where can I get a good car cover since I do not have a garage to put the car in

2) Where do I get a roll bar/harness bar for the car.

Thanks,
Kim Reed:thumbsup:

cobrabitn
05-29-2004, 11:31 PM
Kim,

Congrats on the new Snake! Good choice :thumbsup:

Make sure you get a car cover that is evolutionary four for the outside. Most covers that have cloth will fade and deteriorate over time. I have two covers on the pace car. A cloth one to keep it soft on the exterior of the car and a water repellent one I put over that one to keep the water off the absorbing cloth one.

Wish I had a 3 car garage... :D

Tony

Hazman
05-29-2004, 11:47 PM
For the rollbar check with Maximum Motorsports they carry the Autopower bars.

johnbasf
05-30-2004, 11:47 AM
Kim, give Tom Lewis a holler. http://www.bananamotorsports.com/ Tom does some great work on custom bars. :thumbsup:

2KWhiteSnake
05-31-2004, 12:55 AM
Kim, give Tom Lewis a holler. http://www.bananamotorsports.com/ Tom does some great work on custom bars. :thumbsup:

I 2nd that! He's awesome with custom cages (I love mine). He'll make whatever you want, he's just down the road from you in Columbia. ;)

Craig

Aaron94
06-03-2004, 08:46 PM
Found a great wolf custom car cover from www.summitracing.com.

beerkat
06-04-2004, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I picked up a 4 layered car cover the other day. It is made out of a material call "NOAH" by Kimberly-Clark. It fits real well, I just need to but a hole in it for the antenta.;)

cobrabitn
06-04-2004, 09:09 PM
BeerKat,

Do not put a hole in the cover for the antenna if you haven't already. What I do is take the antenna out and lay it on the cowl and then put the cover on. In time, the hole will get bigger so I didn't bother to make one and did the antenna deal. :)

beerkat
06-07-2004, 07:58 AM
Thanks Tony, I have not done the hole yet. I had ask my wife that when I did put the hole if she would sitch around the hole so that it would not get bigger.