PDA

View Full Version : New exhaust + new x-pipe w/cats = gas fumes?

virginCobra
05-30-2004, 09:14 AM
I just finish installing my Bassani cat back and Bassani x-pipe w/cats. First thing is that I am SO pleased with the added power and exhaust note. Not to loud, but everywhere I go people are asking about it.. Sounds like a big-block.

Another added suprise is the the cars seems more responsive when I hit the gas (which I do a lot),

Anyway, I have noticed a gas fume smell. I am guessing it means I am running rich. Would a custom tun help this. AND... can I just buy one of the new computer tuners for our cars and burn this myself?

Thanx a head of time for the response! :thumbsup:

tcrews
05-30-2004, 10:28 AM
An X-pipe with cats shouldn't cause you to run rich enough to matter (if at all). More than likely you are smelling the coating on the pipe as it ships from the factory. After a few drives/miles it should burn off and you won't smell it anymore.

Yes you could buy one of the computer tuners (EEC-tuner, Tweecer, SCT-tuner) but why pay $300-$700 for something you really don't need?

I just finish installing my Bassani cat back and Bassani x-pipe w/cats. First thing is that I am SO pleased with the added power and exhaust note. Not to loud, but everywhere I go people are asking about it.. Sounds like a big-block.

Another added suprise is the the cars seems more responsive when I hit the gas (which I do a lot),

Anyway, I have noticed a gas fume smell. I am guessing it means I am running rich. Would a custom tun help this. AND... can I just buy one of the new computer tuners for our cars and burn this myself?

Thanx a head of time for the response! :thumbsup: