PDA

View Full Version : 03 Cobra 9.8 pulley

Cobragia
05-31-2004, 10:13 PM
My question is, has any one gone to the 2.8 pulley, how did you set it up and are you happy with your results. I don't want to blow up my car. I'm new to this and looking for advice.:baby:

cobrabitn
06-01-2004, 09:17 PM
I haven't done the pulley thing yet but I'm looking forward to it. :thumbsup:

Cobragia
06-01-2004, 09:40 PM
:burnout: A friend of mine with a 04 Corba put on the 2.8 pulley with the power comander. He has not done a Dyno or been to the track but says it feels like a shot of nos. I just wounder if makeing this Mod. is going to do damage in the long run. Stock I ran a 13.2 at Bithlow with my 03. It was impossible for me to hook up so I put on some 315 Nitto's Drag Radials. A group will be going to Bithlow this Friday I'm looking to improve my time with the new tires then try the pulley.

Firme
06-02-2004, 06:40 PM
:burnout: A friend of mine with a 04 Corba put on the 2.8 pulley with the power comander. He has not done a Dyno or been to the track but says it feels like a shot of nos. I just wounder if makeing this Mod. is going to do damage in the long run. Stock I ran a 13.2 at Bithlow with my 03. It was impossible for me to hook up so I put on some 315 Nitto's Drag Radials. A group will be going to Bithlow this Friday I'm looking to improve my time with the new tires then try the pulley.

The most important thing is a safe tune(chip or reflash) (and an idler to help keep the best from slipping on that tiny 2.8)

Read this article to learn about 03's and pulley's http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5909 , pay particular attention to the second paragraph in the bolded area...

Mirage
06-03-2004, 11:10 AM
Firme~ That is one of the best articles I've seen explaining boost, air flow, fuel ratio's, etc. outside of a text book.

Firme
06-03-2004, 11:15 AM
Firme~ That is one of the best articles I've seen explaining boost, air flow, fuel ratio's, etc. outside of a text book.

:thumbsup: thats straight from the mouth of Jerry Wrebeleski(sp?) from SCT Superchips ;) and that is why I think he is one of the best tuners around, because he actually know why he does he does, and does not just go off of trial and error.