PDA

View Full Version : Why do my MOdular Cobras always get me in trouble? Well almost any way...

cobrabitn
06-06-2004, 11:44 PM
So, I'm going to run an errand and I am so glad that I wasn't driving my 99 because I would have gotten in trouble. There was some mail guy looking at the Mystic and oohing and ahhing so I decide to let him go in front of me so I could let him trip at the whinning sound. And of course once I got past him at about 55, in a 35 zone there were 2 local cops. Good thing the car wasn't red or I would have been in trouble. Also, I think the stock mufflers saved me too. :thumbsup:

Had it been the 99, I would have been in big trouble because they would have heard me coming a mile away!

I need one of those Valentine Radar detectors! :p

Cobrizo
06-08-2004, 12:19 AM
:D :burnout: :burnout: :bounce: :thumbsup:

Z06xr
06-09-2004, 03:57 PM
Hey Tony.....good story....glad you weren't popped. Here is a recent experience I had in the Vette.

I had an short errand to run and I hadn't driven the Z in about a week so I grabbed the keys and off I went. Finished what I needed and was headed home around 10:00pm. I live in the country and the roads get pretty deserted around here at night. I pull up to a stop sign at a little crossroad about 3 miles from my house and looked around. Not a car in sight. The road from here to the house was repaved about a year ago and has some nice curves and a great little slightly banked hairpin. The weather was cool and clear. I slip into 1st gear and ease across the intersection then roll into the gas. Man...the Z realy likes this cool air. Redline 1st then bang 2nd hard lighting up the rears. Geez this thing is runnin' good. Suddenly, out of the corner of my eye I see movement. I look left into the empty schoolyard see a figure sprinting full speed toward the school driveway. Then I see the black car, the one with the big silver star on the side parked with the door open. The officer had been out checking the schoolgrounds and had seen/heard me going by and was about to give chase. I quickly backed off, slipped to 5th, and coasted around a curve. Headlights came flying up behind me as I continued down the road at a respectible speed. He's right on my butt as I round another curve and top a hill. Then I see the sky in front of me lit up like a pinball machine. Musta been half a dozen blue lights flashing and cops standing around all over the place. Then the guy behind me adds his blue lights to the show. As I roll to a stop I see visions of hand cuffs, jail cells, and a big burly brut calling me "Sweetcheeks". The officer behind me walks up with his hand on his weapon, leans down and asks for the usual paperwork. The rest of the cops are just standing around watching. I produce the required documents and he tells me to stay in the car then walks back to his car. After what seems like 15 minutes he walks back up to my window and asks several serious questions about about what was going on when he saw me. I answered with a bunch of yessirs, nossirs, and groveled as much as possible. He paused for a second, leaned down to my window, grins, and says " Mr Smith....... your going to have to slow this thing down". Gives me my license and registration back and says to take it easy on the way home. The rest of the cops there were just doing a routine license checkpoint. Needless to say, I just poked along for the rest of the drive home. This could have ended a hell of a lot worse.

See ya
Pat

cobrabitn
06-09-2004, 09:48 PM
Good thing for you Pat! Having high performance cars can both be an adrenaline rush and suck at the same time, especially when you get stopped by Johnny Law.

Will the Vette take on the Mystichrome at the Fall drag day this year? :rotf:

Glad you are okay!

Tony

Z06xr
06-10-2004, 11:35 AM
Will the Vette take on the Mystichrome at the Fall drag day this year? :rotf:

Did I just hear a glove drop?????

Reckon I'll be there for sure now. Gonna take a lotta $$$ and work to get ready for you guys though. Gotta get those #'s up to Cobra level (see sig below)

See ya
Pat