PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Brown at NASA Southeast's Peach State Challenge!

wildhorsesracin
06-07-2004, 04:38 PM
Press Release

Charlotte, NC - June 7, 2004 - NASA-SE is excited to announce the Kenny Brown Motorsports Group will be attending the Peach State Challenge races on June 19-20. Kenny will have his NASA American Iron support team and rig full of parts for display and equipment to support Kenny Brown sponsored AI/AIX cars and assist other racers with technical support or replacement and consumable parts or supplies.

Kenny Brown Motorsports Group in conjunction with "Two Divorced Guys Racing" will also be debuting a HOT new American Iron Extreme car featuring the latest and greatest in Kenny Brown Suspension design and technology. This car promises to be a "Serious Contender" for the American Iron Extreme South-East points race. Kenny may also have his new American Iron "Factory" race car on-hand for the weekend. Many of you may be familiar with "Ol' Blue" who is coming out of retirement to compete in American Iron.

Kenny Brown will be giving two special awards in American Iron and American Iron Extreme: "The Hard Charger Award" for the competitor who advances to most positions each day and "The Pole Position Award" for the fastest qualifier each day.

In addition to Kenny's special awards, Kenny Brown Motorsports Group has also made arrangements with Chateau Elan to provide celebratory bottles of Elan premium wine to each of the top three finishers in American Iron and American Iron Extreme on both days. For details on Kenny Brown's great products, see the Kenny Brown web page at www.KennyBrown.com.

If you have any questions about the American Iron series, please email David Smith, the Southeast Regional Director of the American Iron series, at tech@nasa-southeast.com.

for the full press release go here:
http://www.nasa-southeast.com/pr/pr20040607.html

to register to for the Peach State Challenge go here:
http://www.NASA-Southeast.com

johnbasf
06-09-2004, 06:10 PM
:thumbsup: to Kenny Brown. He is really stepping up.

Dean95CobraR
06-10-2004, 12:16 AM
I sure wish I could make this race. It just doesn't look like I will be able to though. :(

No engine, money or vacation.......... Ugggggg :mad:

Big Daddy
06-10-2004, 09:16 AM
I may just have to stop by on my way out of town Saturday or Sunday. My brother lives one exit down from the Road Atlanta exit off of 85. I'm going to Alpharetta on Friday to get my car tuned and I'm doing some accounting work for my brother on Saturday. SO...I might be able to drop by and say hello to all you AI folks and of course my good friends at Kenny Brown! :D :thumbsup:

johnbasf
06-10-2004, 07:06 PM
Be careful BD, remember? :D

COBRA #17
06-11-2004, 12:22 AM
WHAAAA !

BOC- Beau
06-11-2004, 09:41 AM
I sure wish I could make this race. It just doesn't look like I will be able to though. :(

No engine, money or vacation.......... Ugggggg :mad: Dean, What was the final analysis on your engine? I was just curious what went wrong.

Hoover, Call me at the shop if you get a chance this morning. 423-288-8488

svt_coupe
06-11-2004, 10:34 AM
AI EAST 2004 CHAMPION !!!
YOU DAMN RIGHT !!! You can't take that from me !!!! :p

You might want to get working on that because if I'm not mistaken, I have a commanding lead you on you now, buddy. heh heh...

SIUNARA
06-11-2004, 11:20 AM
If I knew that the Orange Peel and the Shuggmobile would be battling it out at RA I may arrange a trip down there to watch.

COBRA #17
06-11-2004, 11:33 AM
WHAAAA !!!!

b_tone
06-11-2004, 11:40 AM
Well I have have been asked by several people to come on down to RA and get back on the track!! Well after some thinking and consideration all I can come up with is WHY???

I was unjustly removed from the AI web site, and all AI mailing lists along with all my crew. All with no explanation or reason???? :(

Will someone please answer this one for me??? With the TRUTH !!!

Hoover, I gotta say that you sound like a spoiled whining brat with all of this "i don't get any respect" talk and "Please honor me for being champ" crap. There is no conspiricy against you, no one is really out to get you and no one is going to throw accolades your way.

The simple answer to your "WHY" question is to to racing. plain and simple. If you are sick of hearing people question your legality simply put an X on your car with no other changes and simple race to go racing. My 33 car is not a competitive AI car just yet but that does not stop me from running it. I enjoy racing, for the simple fact that I like to be on track running as fast as my equipment will let me go. This is not Grand Am, this is not Rolex. We are a bunch of kids playing race car driver. Stop b!tching about everything under the sun and take your car to the track and actually enjoy yourself without drama for one damn weekend.

svt_coupe
06-11-2004, 01:30 PM
SHUGG, YOUR POINT IS???? :rolleyes: I'm sure you can handle all the competition!!! STILL 04 CHAMP !!! (PUNK) :p

Hoover - look closely at your posts. You were the 2003 champ, not the 2004 champ. It was a joke.

I gotta agree with Tone on this one.

COBRA #17
06-11-2004, 01:38 PM
:baby: :baby: :baby: :baby:

EAT ME !!!!! :321:

You guys still don't get it !!!

I'm going to tell my MOMMY !!!! :(

b_tone
06-11-2004, 01:42 PM
:baby: :baby: :baby: :baby:

EAT ME !!!!! :321:

You guys still don't get it !!!

I'm going to tell my MOMMY !!!! :(

How exactly does this serve as a rebuttal to my post?

95cobraR
06-11-2004, 02:52 PM
We'll have two vintage cars there. Please try not to scare us as you go by.
:thumbsup:
Anyone know the car count?

Dean95CobraR
06-11-2004, 03:22 PM
Dean, What was the final analysis on your engine? I was just curious what went wrong.

Hoover, Call me at the shop if you get a chance this morning. 423-288-8488

I finally removed the engine last night. I was planning on putting in a new oil pump and check out the main bearings. I put it on an engine stand, removed the oil pan and then flipped it over. That's when I heard a bunch of parts rolling around in the drivers side valve cover (opposite side we had off at the track). It was late and I didn't want to see the damage before the weekend so I just went home. I'll remove the cover next week and see what's cooking.

Ahhhh, the joys of racing. :D

svt_coupe
06-11-2004, 04:11 PM
That's when I heard a bunch of parts rolling around in the drivers side valve cover (opposite side we had off at the track).

Dude... that sux. Seems like there has been a lot of carnage lately among the AI crowd.

Dean95CobraR
06-11-2004, 04:35 PM
Dude... that sux. Seems like there has been a lot of carnage lately among the AI crowd.

Yeah, not good news at all. I personally think that Pearson's tires that he sold me has some kind of curse on them. The first practice session I used my old tires and the car ran great. I put his tires on for qualifying and poof, the engine goes south.

John, what have you got to say about all of this? :doubt: ;) :D
Did you put some VooDoo stuff on my pushrod? :what:

johnbasf
06-11-2004, 05:54 PM
Yeah, not good news at all. I personally think that Pearson's tires that he sold me has some kind of curse on them. The first practice session I used my old tires and the car ran great. I put his tires on for qualifying and poof, the engine goes south.

John, what have you got to say about all of this? :doubt: ;) :D
Did you put some VooDoo stuff on my pushrod? :what:

:rotf:

johnbasf
06-11-2004, 05:56 PM
PLEASE start another post on the Hoover issue. This is a Kenny Brown thread about something positve for AI. Thank you

Once you start the thread I will remove the post. Again, Thanks

COBRA #17
06-11-2004, 07:18 PM
PLEASE start another post on the Hoover issue. This is a Kenny Brown thread about something positve for AI. Thank you

Once you start the thread I will remove the post. Again, Thanks

GEE THANKS John an open invataion to BASH HOOVER!!!

Here I was trying to make a point and NO Lets bash Hoover instead !!!
I was trying to be positive and make a point about the negativity behind the scenes but again it backfired on me !!!

Mr Tonesier and Shuggbetto missed the point!!!!

Yes No one would rather see an AI east series to work more than me but untill the LIES and behind the scene BS is brought to the front WHO CARES!!!

I AM THE BAD GUY !!! THAT IS ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW!!!!

03 Champ ( now is that better?)

SIUNARA
06-11-2004, 07:37 PM
You should go into acting Hoover...you play a good victim.

This is hardly the place to bring up negativity about AI...it's been hashed out here before and it didn't really get anywhere other than to have some people go away with hard feelings towards one another. IMHO, if people have issues with someone, take it up with them via a phone call or conversation face to face...or to the nasaforums where it belongs, not here. As a member of the Cobra club I'm getting tired of the negative crap that pops up on here every once in a while for no reason other than someone (Hoover this time) is holding on to some resentment over what "happened" to him a while ago.

My two cents...

COBRA #17
06-11-2004, 11:08 PM
GOOD GREIF !!!!

I didn't say anything negitive about AI
As I stated above I would love to see AI get back to the way it was. If it had been Shugg that was removed this would be a different story!!!
Do I just SUCK at expressing myself or do you guys just get off on bashing me???

If the racers had spoken up ( with the exception of John & Will) and stuck together instead of hidding in the sand this all could have went our ( the racers) way and AI would be stronger and bigger than ever !!!!

The reason for the troubles in AI are simple $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ .

GOOD BYE I KNOW I WON'T BE MISSED !!!!

rshelbygt
06-12-2004, 10:53 AM
GOOD GREIF !!!!

I didn't say anything negitive about AI
As I stated above I would love to see AI get back to the way it was. If it had been Shugg that was removed this would be a different story!!!
Do I just SUCK at expressing myself or do you guys just get off on bashing me???

If the racers had spoken up ( with the exception of John & Will) and stuck together instead of hidding in the sand this all could have went our ( the racers) way and AI would be stronger and bigger than ever !!!!

The reason for the troubles in AI are simple $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ .

GOOD BYE I KNOW I WON'T BE MISSED !!!!

You suck at expressing yourself. No one here gets off on bashing anybody. As far as it being a different story if Shugg was removed...I don't see that ever happening. Shugg's communication style (in person, on the phone, over email, on the internet) is professional and courteous. Even if he doesn't agree with you he will at least calmly listen to your side and be open-minded to the matter. Hoover...love ya man...but you need some work on your communication skills.

wildhorsesracin
06-12-2004, 10:57 AM
We'll have two vintage cars there. Please try not to scare us as you go by.
:thumbsup:
Anyone know the car count?

I do! :thumbsup:

As of today:

American Iron
Mark Dandurand
Beau Dunnivant
Tim Holland
Bryan Shugg
Brian Smith (he claims he is only coming down to beat shugg!)
American Iron / CMC
Greg Houseman
Gary Houseman
Harold Krein
Kent Lydic
Mark Reed
American Iron Xtreme
Brion Gluck
Terry killian
David Morrison
Jim Pantas
David Smith
pete johns
Doc Juel

Don't worry Doc - I have seen your car, you might want to wave to US as you drive by! :eek:

FYI - I'll be driving a vintage car myself (do I dare post this here?) - it's a 1975 Camaro... :eek: :eek: :eek:

wildhorsesracin
06-12-2004, 11:05 AM
Oh... did I mention:

1) We are giving away 50 cases of Valvolines new race oil! :thumbsup:
www.ValvolineCup.com

2) Kenny Brown is giving away special awards and bottles of fine Chateau Elan wine to the winners! :thumbsup:
www.KennyBrown.com

3) A HUGE box showed up at my house with many, many goodies to give away courtesy of Racer Wholesale! :thumbsup:
www.RacerWholesale.com

and we are working on a national adult beverage sponsor... ;)

rshelbygt
06-12-2004, 11:15 AM
I do! :thumbsup:

As of today:

American Iron
Mark Dandurand
Beau Dunnivant
Tim Holland
Bryan Shugg
Brian Smith (he claims he is only coming down to beat shugg!)
American Iron / CMC
Greg Houseman
Gary Houseman
Harold Krein
Kent Lydic
Mark Reed
American Iron Xtreme
Brion Gluck
Terry killian
David Morrison
Jim Pantas
David Smith
pete johns
Doc Juel

Don't worry Doc - I have seen your car, you might want to wave to US as you drive by! :eek:

FYI - I'll be driving a vintage car myself (do I dare post this here?) - it's a 1975 Camaro... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Nice work Jim!!! Looks like it should make for a great race. See you guys in a few......!!!!

justagt
06-13-2004, 12:52 AM
Gee, I spend a single night in the hospital and you guys try to kill each other. :rolleyes:

Anyone have a car they need a driver for at RA? :D

2KWhiteSnake
06-13-2004, 01:19 AM
Gee, I spend a single night in the hospital and you guys try to kill each other. :rolleyes:

Anyone have a car they need a driver for at RA? :D

WTH you in the hospital for? I hope everything is ok.

Craig

98banana
06-13-2004, 09:01 AM
I'll try to be there at RA to spectate. Plus, I need to make sure my racing stripes are still on the wall. :D

Big Daddy
06-13-2004, 10:06 AM
Be careful BD, remember? :D

Dude, I'm going to watch only if I get the chance! I want the car to be perfect for the next week up in Pigeon Forge! :D :thumbsup:

svt_coupe
06-14-2004, 06:29 PM
Oh... did I mention:

1) We are giving away 50 cases of Valvolines new race oil! :thumbsup:
www.ValvolineCup.com

2) Kenny Brown is giving away special awards and bottles of fine Chateau Elan wine to the winners! :thumbsup:
www.KennyBrown.com

3) A HUGE box showed up at my house with many, many goodies to give away courtesy of Racer Wholesale! :thumbsup:
www.RacerWholesale.com

and we are working on a national adult beverage sponsor... ;)

This is all good news Jim. I'm happy to see NASA-Southeast doing well - congrats Jim.

A slightly more AI-centric comment, I'm happy to see Kenny Brown supporting the series. This is good stuff.

Dean - Pearson's tires MUST be cursed! It's definitely in the tires! :D Wish you were there, dude. Wish you were there....