PDA

View Full Version : Fun Day at AutoX

Carl G
06-12-2004, 11:27 PM
What a fun day this was and good that so many of our club showed or paticipated. I feel like a baked lobster, but man what a rush pushing our cars around tha track. Stan I really appreciate the driving lesson, it made all the difference in my approach on how hard to push that car. Glad that Darrell, John, Jimmy, Richard,Edmond, Mike, and of course that bad ass David and that driving machine of his, it was fun watching you guys. I liked that we all had better times at the end of the day. Good that Jessie and Holly got to come down from Dallas and be a part of the fun. Congrats to Larry with Frankenstang and our buddies from Nathaniels for the pics in 5.0 mag and to David with the best set up on suspension for these cars. I would say it was a successful day for SCMC :thumbsup: We sure know how to have a good time. Also a big thanks to the guys from Ford Power for a great event and their hard work. Joey have fun on the vacation. Also Deb had a lot of fun being able to ride and watch all the cars. This is all new to her but you guys are the greatest. Come on October!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cobrapace94
06-13-2004, 12:20 AM
Congrats to David & Larry on the feature lay out in 5.0 magazine. I had a good time out today with all. Wish they did not have 3 events, StangBand, Westside Mustang cruise & SVTOA car show all in 1 day. Sherri & I did represent SCC at the car show with 2 firsts & I got to run on the auto X.
Glad to see everyone today & get some lotion on the sunburn. :thumbsup: :eek:

Firme
06-13-2004, 12:57 AM
It was a blast guys :thumbsup: the day flew by waayyyy to quick for me. I did not get to run on the Auto-X as much as I wanted, and had the tire go south on the way home :bawling: I will more than likely be riding with Annie in the explorer to HRP tomorrow.

Carl, I think you single handedly had THE MOST runs today.

I am so burnt, my skin feels like its on fire. Thats what I get for corner working twice :crazy: .

I have a few pics, very few, that I will throw up tomorrow.

Congrats to David and Larry (and hopefully Nick when they get his pics) :bounce:

Oh, P.S. I will be running the car show tomorrow at HRP (parked at the same place as they were for FFW). See the HRP thread for details.

jimmysidecarr
06-13-2004, 01:59 AM
What a fantastic day!!!!
Also in LOBSTERVILLE here too!!............roasted, crispy,well done,......Gail said I looked like I was glowing!! :rotf:
TOTAL AND COMPLETE HOME RUN!!!!
Just what the doctor ordered........... :scratch: I'm going to run out of clichés...

I'm so glad I found you guys.... And the Ford Power guys too!!!
What a great bunch of .....down to earth, fun to be around,........CAR NUTS!!!
With out a doubt the most fun autocross I have ever done.....
Mustang friendly course
All the seat time my ancient body could handle.... and more!!!
Stunning array of SUPER COOL cars!!!............ would have had fun even if I didn't run..
And I got to know my car so much better..... almost hit 34s but not quite :( ...35.13)
All in all I had a blast!!.... I think I actually did ok.... It's been 10 or 12 years and never with a car like THIS!!!
Took quite a few runs to do it(too conservetive)..... No tire pressure guage....DUH!!!
Actually started doing better after I started running the a/c... when not on track.

Thanks to every one who lent me a helmet..... Mike, Dave, Carl,..... I'm probablyleaving somebody out ....sorry.
MAN!! I had fun!!!
It's almost 12 and the adenaline is just starting to subside...
I doubt Ill be able to sleep at all.................DON"T CARE!!!!! It was worth it in spades!!!!!
Jimmy :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
06-13-2004, 02:25 AM
Whew...JUST got home from work. :(

Wish I could have stayed and played with you guys, but I need the money to catch up to all the modding you guys have been doing lately. The course was great, laid out really nicely, and run really really well.

Can't wait to see the pics in 5.0, too bad I didn't get to stick around for that shoot either. See most of you tomorrow. Edmond, don't forget my helmet :thumbsup:

John Chingasos
06-13-2004, 10:03 AM
SCMC Was In The House!!!!

John Chingasos
06-13-2004, 10:06 AM
On a serious note.............wow what a day. Thought was freakin awesome!!!

And I cannot believe that I am also cooked like a lobster and I have dark skin.........The club definetly represented and I was very proud to be a part of SCMC. THANKS STAN for being co-pilot and crew-chief.

I AM OUT .......LATE

Twice Bitten
06-13-2004, 10:35 AM
I spend way to much time on an office, I am so burned it hurts to open and close my eyes. Had more fun than the law allows :thumbsup: :bounce: :D

03 cobra toy
06-13-2004, 10:45 AM
:thumbsup: What a great day!!

msmap
06-13-2004, 11:28 AM
It was a good day, had fun :thumbsup: You all should have gone on the cruise last night. Run in with Johnny law not once, but twice picking on a couple of 03's. Almost got my rear end modded cuz he was so hellbent on getting after the 03 in front of me :eek:

03 cobra toy
06-13-2004, 11:33 AM
It was a good day, had fun :thumbsup: You all should have gone on the cruise last night. Run in with Johnny law not once, but twice picking on a couple of 03's. Almost got my rear end modded cuz he was so hellbent on getting after the 03 in front of me :eek:

soooo what happen?? Did someone get a ticket?

Arch Angel
06-13-2004, 11:56 AM
Had a great time out there too. You guys (& gals) are some of the nicest people. Glad that SCMC & FordPower can join forces to battle evil. :chairshot

The party isn't over yet. We still have HRP today. See you there! :D

msmap
06-13-2004, 12:12 PM
soooo what happen?? Did someone get a ticket?

2 warnings, go figure! They were on just about every street corner on Westheimer. Going back to the toll road about 2, they were all in the Randall's - Hooter's parking lot at Gessner, had all those cars blocked in. There is always a hugh group that hangs out there on Sat nites. Don't know what Johnny was after last night, he was everywhere. Normally they don't bother us :D

Firme
06-13-2004, 01:34 PM
I went to Otto's last night and that place was PACKED.

I think cops have a new thing going with themes each month.

Last months theme was seat belts.

This month's theme is Inspection and Registration. The setup a bunch of checkpoint around town. I wonder if it had anything to do with that.

93KingCobra
06-13-2004, 02:16 PM
Dude, I had so much fun an I did not even run yesterday!! Next time I'll have to remember to bring more than $5 to an event :(

Firme
06-13-2004, 02:20 PM
Dude, I had so much fun an I did not even run yesterday!! Next time I'll have to remember to bring more than $5 to an event :(

why didn't ya say something, could have spotted ya..

Levi
06-14-2004, 11:04 AM
Thanks to everyone for such a great day. Carl and John you are vary welcome, glad I could help. I got to drive a 68 Shelby, 93 Cobra, Mach 1 and a 03 Cobra Vert. What a day, I loved it....... :D