PDA

View Full Version : Stock Fuel Injectors

Tack
06-12-2004, 10:34 PM
Hey my father just bought a 1999 SVT cobra. He is not really that good with the computer and I told him I would get on and see if I could find what the stock fuel injectors are. I've search yahoo and some other places.

Just trying to find out what size the stock fuel injectors are on a 99 cobra. Says he is planning on going with a bigger throttle body (62 or 65mm) and then a bigger map sensor.

tcrews
06-12-2004, 11:28 PM
Hey my father just bought a 1999 SVT cobra. He is not really that good with the computer and I told him I would get on and see if I could find what the stock fuel injectors are. I've search yahoo and some other places.

Just trying to find out what size the stock fuel injectors are on a 99 cobra. Says he is planning on going with a bigger throttle body (62 or 65mm) and then a bigger map sensor.

Stock injectors are 24 lbs. Replacing the throttle body would be a complete waste of money and possibly a loss of power. The stock one is fine. If he's looking for more power, replace the exhaust system, add some under drive pulleys and a cold air intake system. MAF replacement isn't needed either as this won't give you any gains unless you are running rich (MAF replacements tend to lean the car out to make the extra power).

Tack
06-12-2004, 11:57 PM
He said thx..hopefully i'll be able to show him how to use the computer soon, so he can get on here and post.