PDA

View Full Version : New Mods for Black 03 Vert

Carl G
06-14-2004, 07:04 PM
I went by Outlaw Race Cars today and talked to Bobby. We have scheduled my car for the 28th to have rollbars- powdercoated black, subframes welded, and racing harnesses installled. Will be ready in time for my TWS event on July 15th which I have sent my money in for. David and Larry we need to talk to see what supension mods I need next. One thing I love about SCMC is we dont stand still to long when it comes to our cars :thumbsup: :D

97CasperCobra
06-14-2004, 07:07 PM
Congrats Carl, least you'll have some sense of security going around the track now. :thumbsup:

One thing I love about SCMC is we dont stand still to long when it comes to our cars :thumbsup: :D

except for those of us in school. :(

03 cobra toy
06-14-2004, 07:10 PM
I went by Outlaw Race Cars today and talked to Bobby. We have scheduled my car for the 28th to have rollbars- powdercoated black, subframes welded, and racing harnesses installled. Will be ready in time for my TWS event on July 15th which I have sent my money in for. David and Larry we need to talk to see what supension mods I need next. One thing I love about SCMC is we dont stand still to long when it comes to our cars :thumbsup: :D

:thumbsup:

93KingCobra
06-14-2004, 07:11 PM
Good for you Carl did going to Stang Bang help you make up your mind to go ahead an do the rollbar install?? And you got that right you never know who is going to get something installed from one week to the next I know I'm ready for more :D

03 cobra toy
06-14-2004, 07:16 PM
Good for you Carl did going to Stang Bang help you make up your mind to go ahead an do the rollbar install?? And you got that right you never know who is going to get something installed from one week to the next I know I'm ready for more :D

Steeda front sway bar...... :D

Carl G
06-14-2004, 07:19 PM
Steeda front sway bar...... :D
How much $? Where to order?

03 cobra toy
06-14-2004, 07:45 PM
How much $? Where to order?

$150 from Steeda....

Firme
06-14-2004, 10:41 PM
I am still skeptical about my Steeda sway bar, I know David's helped his alot, but here are some of the things I noticed.

It helped alot in some ways, in others, I think its causing problems. I thought it was my imagination till I ran into to someone this weekend who experienced the same thing with the Steeda sway bar. I need to dig up some more info..

here is what I do know.

I have 350 coils in the front, and 770 conventional in the back..if they were rate matched coils, they would more than likely be 575# coils, which would make the back alot stiffer.

Well, right now, with the 770 H&R's in the back, i think the front sway bar might be making things too rigid in the front.. and it is not balanced with the back. The side affects are, it plows more in certian turns, and in high rate sweeping turns, it pushes out. The balancing part could be either the higher coils in the back or a better rear sway bar. I don't know if I wil ever be able to test the theory out... then again, what do I know :dunno:

Carl, I am not a big money spender on my car, due to lack of funds, but if it was me, it would be Maximum Motorsports coil-overs all the way.

Twice Bitten
06-15-2004, 12:33 AM
The most bang for your buck good tires, sway bar and bushings :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Levi
06-15-2004, 09:17 AM
The most bang for your buck good tires, sway bar and bushings :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: This makes for a solid start to make other mods perform better. :thumbsup:

jimmysidecarr
06-16-2004, 12:27 PM
One of the easiest, and quickest ways to adjust for a push(understeer)....or loosness(oversteer)..... that I know of that is.......
Is an adjustable rear sway bar.... initial set up may be a little tricky...
But the ease of adustment, after base line settings are established, are well worth the efforts.
Especially with tires being changed, track conditions changing, even full or empty tanks...
Just an idea :thumbsup:
Jimmy :thumbsup:

Firme
06-16-2004, 12:42 PM
One of the easiest, and quickest ways to adjust for a push(understeer)....or loosness(oversteer)..... that I know of that is.......
Is an adjustable rear sway bar.... initial set up may be a little tricky...
But the ease of adustment, after base line settings are established, are well worth the efforts.
Especially with tires being changed, track conditions changing, even full or empty tanks...
Just an idea :thumbsup:

Jimmy, who makes an adjustable for the IRS??? I have looking for one, due to the imbalance from the from front sway bar.

jimmysidecarr
06-16-2004, 01:24 PM
Jimmy, who makes an adjustable for the IRS??? I have looking for one, due to the imbalance from the from front sway bar.
You are right .....
I just did a futile search.. and only found live axle bars :mad:

"Dey wrong fo dat"

I wonder if the Factoryfive adjustable rear bar(for IRS) would work?????

03 cobra toy
06-16-2004, 02:35 PM
You are right .....
I just did a futile search.. and only found live axle bars :mad:

"Dey wrong fo dat"

I wonder if the Factoryfive adjustable rear bar(for IRS) would work?????

Not much room for adjustment....see pic.... Man look at all dirt :(

jimmysidecarr
06-16-2004, 08:29 PM
Not much room for adjustment....see pic.... Man look at all dirt :(
Wow you are right !!!
In order for an adjustable bar to be workable it would have to come past the axle at least 2 or 3 inches more...... which would also mean that it would have to be thicker also.... because the further out towards the end of the bar you go the more leaverage the chassis has to twist the bar... which means the "lighter" the bars effect on the roll stiffness...

In order to dial in oversteer to compensate for "push".... you would have to slide the ends towards the axle(shortening the leverage portion of the bar)... But the axle would stop you from adjusting past that point... so the only other way to to get more rear roll stiffness(oversteer)... would be increase the diameter.......
Anybody still following this gobbledegook????.......... sorry :retard:

PS: Dave -------->WHAT DIRT???? Looks like it was just steam cleaned :eek: