PDA

View Full Version : ** does this actually work... **

16yrCobraOwner
06-14-2004, 11:00 PM
i was browsing the ebay, and i seen this resinator sayin it works and all... has anyone delt wit it before? and does it actually work.. heres the ebay link. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7905545897

thankz.

Firme
06-14-2004, 11:06 PM
looks like a quick way to gernade an engine...

there is a reason people pay good $$ to have a custom dyno tune done by a reputable tuner, there is no such a thing as a wonder chip that does it for you.

I would advise against this product, just MHO.

16yrCobraOwner
06-14-2004, 11:30 PM
hey i was thinking that for my self.. lets see more post maybe someone else has done it.. it says no harming the engine.. dont know at all..

anthony

thankz to all that reply.

tcrews
06-14-2004, 11:42 PM
hey i was thinking that for my self.. lets see more post maybe someone else has done it.. it says no harming the engine.. dont know at all..

anthony

thankz to all that reply.

Yes it does work, however the computer quickly "learns" it out and then it no longer works :) Basically what it does it make the EEC believe you are a certain air temperature/density coming in and allows for full timing to take place no matter how hot it is outside. A few people (years ago) were doing this and some had even worked up a toggle switch box because if you start the car with it "on" the EEC would adjust it out very quickly but if you toggled it "on" before a run it would help your 1/4mile time. Will it at 20 hp?? No way, but in slightly hotter weather you could maybe knock a 13.52 to a 13.49 or such. Running it too hot weather would not be smart and running in cooler weather would not help.

Pretty much a waste of time and money.....but technically it does work. LONG LONG discussions on this mod on the Corral.net years ago.

16yrCobraOwner
06-15-2004, 08:07 AM
thanks, enough said ;) i appericate it

anthony