PDA

View Full Version : motor knock when started and gassed?

16yrCobraOwner
06-15-2004, 08:10 AM
i happend to start my car ( at night) after i got my new tranny in ( june 14th ) and i hear this knock, thinking they didnt bolt my h pipe up right, and today june 15th i take it to my friends shop, we get it up on the lift and notice that 2 motor mounts are broke... why i dont know. but they are, has this ever happend to anyone? and whats a good quality replacement.

thanks to all that reply.

anthony

1-QIK-SNK
06-15-2004, 03:28 PM
There is not aftermarket mounts that im aware of. I have checked on ones in the past and no one makes them, but that been a couple of years ago. Maybe some one dose now.
You may have to get the through ford. Good luck.-

tcrews
06-15-2004, 08:00 PM
Yep, it does happen......not to me yet but others have had it happen. Ford parts department will be where you'll need to get replacements.

16yrCobraOwner
06-15-2004, 09:11 PM
well thank god its covered under some warrenty my father said. so were jus dealing wit them now, were picking up the mounts from ford tomrrow. and then well go from there. my dads friend owns his own shop. so well jus get it done there. hope it doesnt happen again.:rolleyes:

thanks,
anthony

smashedheadcat
06-16-2004, 07:33 PM
Some people go with convertible engine mounts....... possibly stronger?? I can't say for sure.

Josh