PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to NASA SE (RD AtL)

95cobraR
06-21-2004, 09:25 AM
I just returned from Rd Atl.

Congratulations to Jim Pantas and his excellent staff. I have been to 30-35 events at Rd Atl, and they pulled off one of the best I've participated in. All of the groups ran on time. The race cars were well prepared. The drivers are very professional (a few are a break away from running in the big-time leagues).

Some of you that have thought about taking your car out on a track should check into his school. He has some great instructors. You'll get plenty of classroom and track time (in a safe environment).

Others that may have become frustrated in others regions/groups (esp. SCCA) should consider giving this group a try. You'll get plenty of track time, and they don't pick you to death in the tech shack for a part not listed as approved in the rule book (and they don't change the rules every week). You can race here and still have a retirement account (it's budget friendly).

Great job guys :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

P/S Jim, when are you going to add Sebring to the schedule?

Doc J
AIX#2

BOC- Beau
06-21-2004, 09:55 AM
Man what a weekend!! :thumbsup: Jim, you and your crew did a great job. From a racers perspective, this was one of the smoothest run events that I have been to. The awards ceremony was awesome. Alot of the racers left with their hands full of awards and prizes. Thank you to Kenny Brown for your support of the American Iron series. We do appreciate all that you guys are doing for us. WOOOHOOO!!!!! I don't know what else to say.

justagt
06-21-2004, 11:56 AM
I agree with these guys. I have been to many NASA events and this was my first SE event. I can sum it up best by saying that is was the smoothest, best run, and most enjoyable of any of the ones I have been to, by a long shot. Run groups ran on time, the party Saturday night was a blast, it was laid back and the best part was the length of the races.

The races were 35 minutes long!! On Sunday, there was a red flag that took about 15 minutes and they still ran another 12 or so minutes to finish the race. I have been a some NASA events that were so far behind that when the yellow came out, the cars paced for 4 laps or so and then the race was over. NASA SE does it the right way. They don't seem to try and run every single type of race group and create such cramped and over-crowded situation. The grid workers did a great job getting everyone lined up before they rolled off. The RA crews were quick to respond to incidents. The PA announcer was great with calling everyone to grid. The only downside was the heat and Jim couldn't do anything about it, even though I did ask.

Great job to Jim, Julie, the little Pantas people :) , Tom Henning, all the race directors and all the worked. Can't wait until August.