PDA

View Full Version : 1984 cobra 35,000 original Miles

whiteferrari
06-21-2004, 07:32 PM
This is a 1984 cobra. This is a highly collectable cobra for anyone that is an enthusiast. For more information on this car email me at blueferrari2003@yahoo.com

cobrabitn
06-21-2004, 09:42 PM
You got pictures of that 84 Cobra? :D

whiteferrari
06-25-2004, 07:57 PM
I have tried several times to download pics. If you want I can email them to.

venomous
06-28-2004, 08:47 PM
You got pictures of that 84 Cobra? :D
I think Tony is trying to say that there is no such thing as an 84 cobra :D , do you mean 94?

cobrabitn
06-28-2004, 08:55 PM
Andrew, you are just too sharp for me. :D

Yeah, I have never seen an 1984 Cobra so I wanted to see what one looked like? ;)

White Ferrari, you have to have a few more posts before you can start to download pictures. That limitation is there so that people who just join the board to sell stuff are limited to text and not photos.

:)

FCorkran
06-28-2004, 09:47 PM
I think Tony is trying to say that there is no such thing as an 84 cobra :D , do you mean 94?
I was thinking it was a Canadian car, I believe they continued to use the Cobra name up there for Mustangs. Like the way Ford used the name here on Mustang II's. :rolleyes:

cobrabitn
06-28-2004, 10:03 PM
I knew about the Canadian cars, I just thought they were referred to as Cobra GT's???

BOSSMAN
06-28-2004, 10:29 PM
I knew about the Canadian cars, I just thought they were referred to as Cobra GT's???

I know for a fact that ford produced a cobra in 79. All of the canadian mustangs were called cobras. I think I have to much time on my hands. ;)

whiteferrari
06-29-2004, 10:10 PM
You have not done enough research. I bought it new. It is real and I can send photos to you if you want. It is a 1984 SVO cobra.

venomous
06-29-2004, 10:42 PM
Are you and me going to have to eat crow Tony? :D :doh2: :shtowned: They must be rare cuz I've never heard of a 1984 svo cobra :dunno: BTW :ttiwwop:

BOSSMAN
06-30-2004, 10:38 AM
Please send some photos here. BOSSMAN98@CAROLINA.RR.COM

johnbasf
06-30-2004, 05:54 PM
Is this it? http://www.graphic-express.com/z-orlando_hayward.htm

Firme
06-30-2004, 07:31 PM
I have seen those around here. Its pictured in the URL john posted.

From what I understand, it was pretty much a sticker package and name. Ford offered it in very small quantities to be able to keep the rights to the Cobra name. Not trying to put it down or anything.

:dunno:

cobrabitn
06-30-2004, 09:09 PM
I knew there was a 1979 Cobra...check here :

http://mustangs.harmonic.org/7984/db79.html

And there were some in the 1976-1978 era too. I have seen those Anniversary cars with Cobras on the side of them but I just thought someone put them on there as many Mustang owners do. It's nice to know they did come with the car, I guess.

Anyway, sounds like you have a unique car there. Good luck with the sell. :thumbsup:

whiteferrari
06-30-2004, 09:26 PM
It is not that one on the links. I have not posted pics on the web. Thank you cobrabitn, it is rare but times have changed and I want another Ferrari so I am selling the cobra's. The car is a little more than just stickers and badge. As I said earlier it is rare and just want to sell it to someone that will take good care of it.

venomous
06-30-2004, 10:09 PM
please send me some pics too :bounce: snakebitten@svtcobraclub.com

whiteferrari
06-30-2004, 10:39 PM
Try http://photos.yahoo.com/blueferrari2003
that should show the photos.

whiteferrari
07-11-2004, 08:56 PM
any questions?

venomous
07-11-2004, 10:41 PM
:woooah: I stand corrected. ;) :hail:

catchmeifyoucan
07-15-2004, 10:09 PM
I am interested, however, I would like to do my own homework on this. Can you post the VIN number so I can run Carfax and speak with my insurance agent?

Thank you bunches.

LGSCHMIDTJR
07-19-2004, 12:23 AM
Catchme, whiteferrari does indeed have a rare car. I beleive it is called the Predator and they were made in 84-85, possibly 86. I am not sure if there were any engine mods but there was a stripe package and after market wheels. I remember seeing a black and gold and a red and white one running around in Austin all of the time. Whiteferrari, this is no SVO but it is a limited production Mustang. Good luck.

Laurence

catchmeifyoucan
07-19-2004, 08:37 PM
Laurence,
I do not doubt this being a rare car at all. I know that Ford, as well as other manufacturers, do limited production vehicles and do not advertise them to the public. Although not always the case, this may be one of those instances.

I have always been one to cover my bases since I got the shaft on a transaction when I was younger. :mad:

I'm anxious to see this if it comes to that point. Even more anxious to get it.:bounce:

catchmeifyoucan
07-20-2004, 05:54 PM
:side: Just wondering if you were going to get the VIN # for me. :scratch: (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=13#)

I've got ants in my pants :bounce:and cannot wait much longer for the info because I have another purchase opportunity waiting. I would prefer this one, but I do need the VIN #. If I can't get the info for this soon, I will have to take off and jump onto this other deal instead.
:tomcat: (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=13#)

Please post VIN # or email it to me.

Thanks.

whiteferrari
07-20-2004, 07:30 PM
vin is 1FABP28M1EF205702

LGSCHMIDTJR
07-21-2004, 12:06 AM
Catchme
I do not blame you at all for covering your bases as I would do the same. I was just trying to shed a little light on this particular car to make your search a little easier. Good luck

Laurence

LGSCHMIDTJR
07-21-2004, 12:11 AM
P.S.

Catchme
Additionally you may want to ask about the nose/front bumper on this car. It appears to be an 85 front bumper.

Laurence

LGSCHMIDTJR
07-21-2004, 12:13 AM
P.S.S.

http://www.graphic-express.com/z-orlando_hayward.htm

Here is an 84 predator with the correct grill.

RF Cobra
07-21-2004, 10:41 PM
It is a very nice looking car, but it is not a SVO. The SVO Mustangs, 1984 - 1986 were all 2.3 inline four cylinder turbos. The VIN listed is for a base model Mustang L with a 5.0 V8 with 175 hp.

http://www.mustangsvo.org/svostory.htm for SVO info.

catchmeifyoucan
07-24-2004, 03:29 AM
RF Cobra,
I pulled the VIN on https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/vin_tools/default.asp and it shows that it was an LX and not the L. Although, I pulled it on one other website (among others) and it showed it was an L. It also showed the complete build information and, for some reason, I forgot to bookmark the site for everyone's reference. I do remember that it was sold in Dallas, TX...one of the two locations of Tom Soloman's build sites (the other was in Topeka, KS).
This site, http://www.corral.net/20anngt/top50.htm, shows that this, although rare, is not likely one on this list. The Predator Mustang is listed as #5 on the list, but it is only for the five Mustangs built at the Topeka, KS facility for that year. The total number produced in 1984 seems to vary from about 120-136 (taking into consideration the opinions of those who bothered to post anything about production numbers on the Predator). This in itself makes it a prized collectable and a very attractive vehicle for that Mustang enthusiast that wants a unique and very rare piece of the Mustang history.
The company that produced these was called Solomon American or Solomon American Predator from what I have read.

whiteferarri,
My apologies for not getting back with you sooner but I was called out of state for an family emergency. When I returned, the other deal I was working on panned out. I told him I was looking at something else and he finally crumbled to what I offered. :touche:It was a sweet and sour deal though. Sweet that I got the deal (see below) and sour that I don 't have enough left to get this great car.

What I did buy, you'll all be happy to know, is this guy's collection. He was in a major pinch and I pinched him good.:grinangel I guess this is what you get for having champagne taste and a beer budjet.:stupid:

I can't see how this guy thought that he could live beyond his means, buy a house, toys, and God only knows what else, and expect to get ahead finanacially. I wonder what his first clue was...it sure wasn't when his wife left him or when he spent a few nights in jail for writing bad checks...it must have been when he was advised to file for bankruptcy protection by his attorney so he wouldn't lose his house.:rotf: That'll teach him...or will it?!? I will have to remember to send my brother, the attorney, a thank you card for the insider information on this guy. LOL ;)

THE PACKAGE DEAL:
- 1988 GT Conv. 68K, mint
- 1993 Cobra, 33K, almost mint (his kid took it on a joy ride....at least he won the race):D
- 1973 Conv. 351CJ, 72K, very good cond.
All for $19,500...WOO HOO! :woot:

I did tell a friend of mine about your car and he said he would check it out.

Thanks anyway and good luck.

RF Cobra
07-24-2004, 02:47 PM
RF Cobra,
I pulled the VIN on https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/vin_tools/default.asp and it shows that it was an LX and not the L. Although, I pulled it on one other website (among others) and it showed it was an L. It also showed the complete build information and, for some reason, I forgot to bookmark the site for everyone's reference. I do remember that it was sold in Dallas, TX...one of the two locations of Tom Soloman's build sites (the other was in Topeka, KS).
This site, http://www.corral.net/20anngt/top50.htm, shows that this, although rare, is not likely one on this list. The Predator Mustang is listed as #5 on the list, but it is only for the five Mustangs built at the Topeka, KS facility for that year. The total number produced in 1984 seems to vary from about 120-136 (taking into consideration the opinions of those who bothered to post anything about production numbers on the Predator). This in itself makes it a prized collectable and a very attractive vehicle for that Mustang enthusiast that wants a unique and very rare piece of the Mustang history.
The company that produced these was called Solomon American or Solomon American Predator from what I have read.

THE PACKAGE DEAL:
- 1988 GT Conv. 68K, mint
- 1993 Cobra, 33K, almost mint (his kid took it on a joy ride....at least he won the race):D
- 1973 Conv. 351CJ, 72K, very good cond.
All for $19,500...WOO HOO! :woot:

I did tell a friend of mine about your car and he said he would check it out.

Thanks anyway and good luck.
Sounds like you got a great deal on your purchase. Congratulations! :thumbsup:

My problem was with the claim that it was an SVO, and it is not. As far as the other claims, yes, that would still make it a rare car. The SVO Mustangs and Tbird Turbocoupes are near and dear to me and a big pet peeve of mine is when I see someone claim a car to have a SVO heritage when it doesn't.

whiteferrari
07-24-2004, 11:01 PM
It is not a true svo correct, it is a predator. But they do list it on the sales papers when I purchased it. That is why I make the claim.