PDA

View Full Version : Race Gear Discount for AI

smarcus69
06-23-2004, 05:22 PM
If any AI guys need new gear, please let me know. I have obtained some very strong discounted deals from Stand 21, G-Force and Cool Shirt.

Stand 21 is a high end manufacturer of helmets, driving suits, boots and gloves. They put out some of the nicest equipment of anyone.

G-Force is also a manufacturer of helmets, driving suits, boots and gloves. They also provide other items that are related to car racing. Their pricing structure is more affordable to the average club racer.

Cool Shirt manufactures driver cooling systems. These systems can be either water, air or both. These items are a must in the summer.

These generous manufacturers have offered to us a discount of 25%. There are some items that I will receive a better discount, but that will be put into a fund that I would like to have some input on how to distribute whether back to the drivers or to a charity at the end of the season. You will have to contact me to receive the discount so that I can make sure that only AI guys can obtain the discount. This type of program helps all AI guys and not just the winners receive the perks. You also do not have to place any decals on your car to receive the discount, but I'm sure that they would appreciate it. I will have them available to you upon your purchase. Please contact me if you need any information on any of these vendors or wish to place an order.

Steve Marcus
AI Virginia Director
stephen.marcus@att.net
804-338-7223(race) cell

mwilson7
06-24-2004, 08:37 AM
Is this going to be made available to all the AI competitors nationwide?

smarcus69
06-24-2004, 08:58 AM
Is this going to be made available to all the AI competitors nationwide?
Yes...I will make this available to all AI competitors.

Steve Marcus

justagt
06-24-2004, 10:15 AM
That is great news, Steve! I know a few that have the cool shirts and talk about what a big difference they make. Discounts like this really help us out and make this deal a little more affordable.

Thanks!!

mwilson7
06-24-2004, 12:29 PM
Yes...I will make this available to all AI competitors.

Steve Marcus

Perhaps we could post this on the official NASA website under the AI forums as well to let everyone know.

smarcus69
06-24-2004, 01:47 PM
Perhaps we could post this on the official NASA website under the AI forums as well to let everyone know.
I have asked Jim Pantyhose to post it on the board and website when he got back from Atlanta. I know that he is still getting over the weekend (it takes alittle longer for the old guys).

Steve Marcus

wildhorsesracin
06-24-2004, 02:11 PM
I have asked Jim Pantyhose to post it on the board and website when he got back from Atlanta. I know that he is still getting over the weekend (it takes alittle longer for the old guys).

Steve Marcus

Yes it does! :thumbsup:

Sorry my week has been like this:

Arrive home 11pm sunday nite :bounce:
Drive to TN Monday 5:30am :bounce:
return home from TN Monday 11PM :bounce:
Fly to AL Tues 4pm :bounce:
Return home tonight 9pm :bounce:

I do have some time tomorrow morning between 8 and 12n before I leave for Savannah to study the track this weekend for our event there in Sept. :bounce:

Are there ANY volunteers out there that can take over the AI website?!?! :doubt: ANYONE?!?! :doubt:

chicote
06-24-2004, 03:00 PM
I might volunteer! Yeah, why not, it'll give me something good to do! Hit me up with an email. ron@rongaulden.com

racercosmo
06-25-2004, 04:11 AM
25%, cool. That makes a Stand 21 suit only $900.

Sorry, I'm not mocking this offer, just Stand 21's prices. I know they make great stuff, but damn!

svt_coupe
06-25-2004, 08:47 AM
Sweet deal Steve. This is good stuff, especially since I'll be needing a new helmet soon. Thanks for working this out for us. That Stand 21 stuff is definitely nice. Pricey, but very nice.

Hey Jim - "chicote" is a friend of mine that came to the races this past weekend. We'll see if we can get him out on track in his WRX before long. He's a graphic artist/web guy that is very talented. Might be a good solution to the AI website...

smarcus69
06-25-2004, 09:02 AM
25%, cool. That makes a Stand 21 suit only $900.

Sorry, I'm not mocking this offer, just Stand 21's prices. I know they make great stuff, but damn!
Stand 21 does have suits that are less expensive than $900.00. They are for sure a bit pricier, but very very nice.

They are a good alternative for someone who would like to spend a couple hundred more on a top notch suit.

If you are interested in a particular suit, I'd be happy to price it for you.

Steve Marcus

justagt
06-25-2004, 09:13 AM
Jim Pantyhose

Beautiful. :D

svt_coupe
06-25-2004, 09:15 AM
Beautiful. :D

A clear alternative to "Pantyass". heh heh ;)