PDA

View Full Version : cobra stuck in reverse

BadMoFo
06-24-2004, 06:16 PM
ok I got to work this morning and put my 99 cobra in reverse and now it wont come out. I can press the clutch all the way to the floor and it engages but the stick will just not move out of reverse. does anyone have a clue to what might be wrong and how much it might cost to fix?

tcrews
06-24-2004, 06:47 PM
ok I got to work this morning and put my 99 cobra in reverse and now it wont come out. I can press the clutch all the way to the floor and it engages but the stick will just not move out of reverse. does anyone have a clue to what might be wrong and how much it might cost to fix?

See if you can "rock" the car forward/backward a little, preferrably with someone else doing the rocking while you try to pull the tranny out of gear and depressing the clutch.

Jesse99
06-24-2004, 07:31 PM
Mine does the same thing.. I have a new transmission in it, But it nevers does it when I take it back to the shop.. Anyway here's how I take it out.. Make sure you have room to back up without hitting anything.. Try to pop your clutch (Not hard, but enough to feel the transmission move) and then press it (Clutch) back down while pushing your shifter.. This takes me around 2-3 time but it's aways worked for me..

BadMoFo
06-24-2004, 09:47 PM
should the car be on or off for the rocking?

tcrews
06-24-2004, 10:08 PM
should the car be on or off for the rocking?

Off. Sounds like there is some "load" on the tranny holding it in gear and rocking it may remove the load allowing you to get it out of reverse. I've seen automatics do this when the owners pop it in park and don't use the parking brake and the tranny is holding the car from moving. Sometimes the tranny is holding more weight than you can put on the shifter to move it out of park. Could be a similar situation for you with reverse on the manual ????

I'm just throwing out suggestions, I have no idea if it'll work but it's an easy try :)

Jesse99
06-24-2004, 11:49 PM
What tcrews said is correct.. The transmission is holding all the weight of your car.. I rock the car while it's on.. This seems to be the easiest for me..

BadMoFo
06-27-2004, 12:33 PM
ok tried the rocking of the car both on and off and that did not work. tried pulling up on the clutch pedal to adjust it and that didnt help either. I know there is a tech servise bulliten out but I worry that when I take it to ford that they will throw a fit cause of the long tubes since they would have to remove one the get the trans out. not to mention I dont have alot of confidence in them when I called and told them my problem about my 99 cobra, cobra being the key word and they were suprised that it was a manual, they thought the cobra had an automatic. not good.

smashedheadcat
06-28-2004, 06:21 PM
Any luck getting this fixed yet Josh??

BadMoFo
06-29-2004, 08:53 AM
no. I took the shifter off yesterday in a last ditch chance that my shifter screwed up, but no luck it moved freely. so it is the trans. I was going to call you yesterday but got busy around the house. I am on leave right now until july 10th but I am staying in town except for the 4th holiday and I am going to sc. but if you have time maybe you can help me out and recomend a good trans place.

smashedheadcat
06-29-2004, 04:47 PM
Umm....... I don't know of a good trans place around here........ I do have a question though........ can you get the shifter out of the reverse position??

Josh

BadMoFo
06-30-2004, 08:29 AM
I removed the shifter yesterday and it moves freely by itself but when it is attached to the trans it wont budge and inch. it has to be the trans cause you can see the spot the shifter attaches to and it wont move, I took a pry bar and tried to gently move that piece and it wouldnt budge at all.

smashedheadcat
06-30-2004, 02:11 PM
Wow!!!

BadMoFo
06-30-2004, 02:24 PM
I think that this weekend when I go to sc I am going to pick up a stock shifter my buddy has and if my warrenty is still good I am going to have ford deal with it. I just wish we had a local svt dealership. but if my warrenty is bad I guess I am going to have to figure out how to remove the trans to save me some money.

tcrews
06-30-2004, 02:58 PM
You can take it to any Ford dealership, they can do warranty work there, they don't have to be an SVT dealership to service the vehicles.

BadMoFo
06-30-2004, 03:12 PM
I just worry that my warrenty might be expired. it has the 5 year 75k warrenty on it but I bought it used and the dealership said it transfered but the question is when does it expire? when the car is 5 years old or from the date of origional purchase?

tcrews
06-30-2004, 04:47 PM
I just worry that my warrenty might be expired. it has the 5 year 75k warrenty on it but I bought it used and the dealership said it transfered but the question is when does it expire? when the car is 5 years old or from the date of origional purchase?
All warranties are reflected off date of original purchase, not what year the car is.

BadMoFo
07-01-2004, 09:00 AM
All warranties are reflected off date of original purchase, not what year the car is.

ok next question is will the warrenty roll over to the second owner? and if so I got to figure out when this warrenty runs out.

tcrews
07-01-2004, 09:12 AM
ok next question is will the warrenty roll over to the second owner? and if so I got to figure out when this warrenty runs out.
That depends. Usually there is some paperwork that is associated with an extended warranty that transfers with ownership or states tranferral of the warrant or not.
Some do, some don't (transfer to second owner) :(

smashedheadcat
07-01-2004, 11:05 AM
Josh........ I have a stock shifter out of my 99 crashed cobra I can give ya, no problem. :D

Josh

smashedheadcat
07-01-2004, 11:06 AM
Just give it back after you put your pro-5.0 back on... :cool:

BadMoFo
07-01-2004, 11:18 AM
that wont be a problem, thanks. I am leaving for sc today so I will probably give you a call tue when I get back or wen. I will still be on leave until the 10th so I have a little bit of time.

BadMoFo
07-01-2004, 03:45 PM
well found my warrenty and it states this.

"this agreement expires by the time from Manufacturer's In-Service date or milage measured from zero (0) miles, whichever occurs first."

It has 60 months and 75,000 miles checked. I am no where near 75k miles.

so that would be from the time of mafacturing correct? how do I figure out what month my cobra was made?

hopefully I am still in the window cause it says that it covers my trans with a $50 deductible.

tcrews
07-01-2004, 04:51 PM
well found my warrenty and it states this.

"this agreement expires by the time from Manufacturer's In-Service date or milage measured from zero (0) miles, whichever occurs first."

It has 60 months and 75,000 miles checked. I am no where near 75k miles.

so that would be from the time of mafacturing correct? how do I figure out what month my cobra was made?

hopefully I am still in the window cause it says that it covers my trans with a $50 deductible.

Warranties are based on when the vehicle is sold, not when it was manufactured. You'll be fine.

BadMoFo
07-08-2004, 10:21 AM
well the tow truck is on its way. If I am reading this warrenty right my coverage for 5 years started on 03/29/02, I thought it was a ford warrenty but its a different company, guess I accidently did something right and got and extended warrenty when I got my car, guess I need to pay attention to what I am signing, for once it might work out in my favor. Ford have fun getting that trans out with the long tubes. :rotf:

smashedheadcat
07-09-2004, 02:11 PM
That's good news......... Just hope they don't void that warranty because of them long tubes....... you know ford. Quality care My ASS!

Josh

BadMoFo
07-09-2004, 03:17 PM
That's good news......... Just hope they don't void that warranty because of them long tubes....... you know ford. Quality care My ASS!

Josh

its an aftermarket warrenty not a ford one, which is a blessing and a downfall. here is an update of what is going on.

got to the dealership yesterday around 9:30 and they say they will look at it. Called me areound 10:30 and said they are going to have to remove the trans (I knew that one). Well I dont hear from them for the rest of the day so I stop by around 4:15 and my car is in the bay setting off to the side but no one is working on it. So I ask what the deal is and they tell me they have to remove the trans, well no duh you told me this 6 hours ago. Well since the time that they called me they hadnt touched the thing. The mech came by and said to the guy behind the counter hey did you call the warrenty place to get approval to remove the trans? the guy says oh I have to do that first? guess I will have to do that first thing in the morning. so basicly a whole day was lost.

today I give them about and hour of work before I call and ask if they got the ball rolling or not, they say they havent gotten to it yet, so I start to get aggrivated but remain polite and curtious and say we need to make some progress. well that was 8:30 and I dont hear from them until 10:30, seems the warrenty place has an automated line that you put in the info, vin #, then milage, then problem, then cost of repair, well the guy doesnt know what its going to cost becuase they have not removed the trans to see what is wrong so he doesnt do anything. So here we are in this big circle, mechs cant pull the trans without authority and they cant get authority until they know how much it cost, but you cant get the cost without pulling the trans, but you cant pull the trans without authority. I told them to put a guess in there and hopefully they figure it out. Did I mention I have access to explosives? :mad: lots of them?

Jesse99
07-09-2004, 04:25 PM
Wow, Sorry to hear about all the problem your going through.. But if you look at your original paper (When you first signed the warranty) It should have the corprate office number on it, instead of the warranty request number.. You may want to call that number and tell them what's going on.. I've had that kind of problem before with my warranty and called the main office.. They gave me a claim number and direct line to the warranty rep.. Hope that helps :thumbsup:

BadMoFo
07-09-2004, 05:00 PM
nope, I just went threw all the stuff and it does name the company but has no number on it, only on the warrenty contract which only give roadside assistance and claims office. I havent heard back from ford since this morning so hopefully they figured it out, but I will be calling them soon to see. my luck is they gave up and pushed it to the side like normal.

BadMoFo
07-09-2004, 05:53 PM
well just came from the dealership, they got through to the warrenty place and have started working on my car, didnt look like alot of progress but of course that is because the guy who was working on my car had to go to the doctors office, of course. but at least it is moving in the right direction.

BadMoFo
07-14-2004, 06:20 PM
well ford is really doing a bang up job here. I talked to them yesterday and the trans was still in the car, keep in mind they have had it for 4 days (work days, 6 if you count the weekend) and they didnt work on it at all yesterday. I call them again today and the trans is still in the car. They said they are having trouble with the long tubes, when I took it in I told them they are going to have to remove the header to get the trans out but for some reason they think they can do it without removing one. I am sorry but the mustang community has been trying to figure that one out since the mod motor was put in back in 96 and no one has figured out how to remove a trans with long tubes on with out taking one off so they might as well bite the bullit and take the header off already. they have had my car for 5 days now and the trans is still in it, 7 if you count the weekend. why cant anything just go my way. :mad:

smashedheadcat
07-16-2004, 02:39 PM
Josh...... I can understand them having problems with the header removal. I have news for them. they won't get that trans out without unbolting the passenger side header. I went there last friday, and saw you car on the lift. I may swing through there this afternoon and see what's up with it. I get along with their service guys there (they always go to the new bern drags). I asked them if power shifts and launching on drag radials every week at the track voided my warranty, and they said: "I didn't see you here." So the guys are cool, just don't work on the mod motors much.

josh

BadMoFo
07-16-2004, 11:19 PM
ya they told me that they go to the track alot. but check this out, they said they got the trans out without removing the header. they told me they removed it in 2 peices, the trans and then the bell housing. I told them they better not have messed up the long tubes or they would be replacing them. but they barely ever work on my car, makes me mad cause they say, sorry we had alot of customers in today, what am I? chopped liver?

BadMoFo
07-19-2004, 03:35 PM
just got off the phone with the dealership, they said the warrenty place is going to cover $488 for the parts and labor on the trans, but ford wants to charge me and additional $753 in labor to pull the long tubes off and reinstall the trans and put everything back togther and the warrenty place wont cover that cost. I asked why so much and the mech said it will take him 16 hours to reinstall everything, what a crock of **** :mad:

smashedheadcat
07-19-2004, 10:57 PM
That is crap. Wish we could have done this ourselves. Could have saved a ton of money.

Josh

BadMoFo
07-20-2004, 11:06 AM
what kills me is the guy behind the counter, James, is the one who told them they had to do all this extra work because of it being aftermarket parts and he is a fellow mustang guy. what is this world coming to when you dont hook people up? I would have just said we had to do this labor and this is what it cost and the warrenty place would have paid. But I guess he was just doing his job but it still sucks.

BadMoFo
07-20-2004, 03:02 PM
this sucks they still have my car, its going on 2 weeks now, I should start deducting from their bill cause they have had it so damn long.

smashedheadcat
07-20-2004, 11:41 PM
I know it sucks man, but at least the transmission is covered under warranty. Things could be a lot worse, though it could be a lot better too.

Josh

BadMoFo
07-21-2004, 10:04 PM
that is true Josh, I am glad I am not paying for the whole thing, I am just mad cause they are taking so long. tomarrow will be 2 weeks in the shop. I called them today to see if they started putting it back togther since I havent talked to them in a while, they told me they are waiting on parts to show up to fix the trans, I am starting to beleive that this is the slowest ford dealership in the world. they said they ordered the parts a couple of days ago, but from where? china? shouldnt take that long, just sounds like they are gaffing me off. If I had a way I would report them to someone for being so damn slow cause there is no way this should take this long. But I am worried if I go raise hell they will do something wrong when fixing my car.

BadMoFo
07-27-2004, 08:11 AM
just an update, called yesterday and they said they had started to rebuild the trans but havent put it back togther, going on 3 weeks now.

smashedheadcat
07-27-2004, 08:20 AM
just an update, called yesterday and they said they had started to rebuild the trans but havent put it back togther, going on 3 weeks now.

Oh my goodness.

BadMoFo
07-29-2004, 07:01 PM
GET THIS! so I call ford today to see what is up with my car since today makes it 3 weeks its been at D ick Parker Ford and they say my car is ready but they havent called the warrenty place to see what they will cover yet but they say they will call me back in an hour, well come to find out my car was done yesterday and no one called me. So I call back 3 hours later and they say its ready to be picked up, gee thanks for calling me and telling me. Well I go there and owe then $761.33 and I pay them and walk out and start the car. Well the service engine soon lite comes on so I'm like what the hell that wasnt on when I brought it in so I go back inside and tell them so they pull it back in and pull codes and they come to me with 4 pages of codes and tell me my pcm has gone bad. I say how is that possible did you forget to hook something up and they said they checked that. Well I ask is that a warrenty item and they say no and its probably cause I have mods done to my car, so I set there and argue with them about it saying how everything worked fine until they got ahold of it but there was no way the manager was budging so I said just pull it outside I am taking it home and the manager got upset with me for taking my car. I see these guys as money hungry and they just wanted to rob me of more cash. DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR TO D ICK PARKER FORD! THEY WILL ROB YOU. :mad:

smashedheadcat
07-29-2004, 08:05 PM
That's messed up........ I know that your mods didn't contribute to the PCM going bad. I wander if you disconnect the battery and clear it out.... maybe it'd fix it. It wasn't on when they backed it out yesterday I don't think, but then again, I wasn't paying much attention. I was admiring the exhaust tone.

BadMoFo
07-29-2004, 08:07 PM
thats what I am going to do is disconect the battery and see if thats it, I hope so but with the way my luck is going it will cost out the ass for this to. so how much for a new pcm I wonder? :(

tcrews
07-29-2004, 08:46 PM
Do you have a chip in your computer? If you don't there are zero mods you can do that would make your computer go bad. A bad connection (chip to computer) could short the computer....but exhaust mods, looks mods, gears, etc... won't affect the computer in the sense of damaging it.

GET THIS! so I call ford today to see what is up with my car since today makes it 3 weeks its been at D ick Parker Ford and they say my car is ready but they havent called the warrenty place to see what they will cover yet but they say they will call me back in an hour, well come to find out my car was done yesterday and no one called me. So I call back 3 hours later and they say its ready to be picked up, gee thanks for calling me and telling me. Well I go there and owe then $761.33 and I pay them and walk out and start the car. Well the service engine soon lite comes on so I'm like what the hell that wasnt on when I brought it in so I go back inside and tell them so they pull it back in and pull codes and they come to me with 4 pages of codes and tell me my pcm has gone bad. I say how is that possible did you forget to hook something up and they said they checked that. Well I ask is that a warrenty item and they say no and its probably cause I have mods done to my car, so I set there and argue with them about it saying how everything worked fine until they got ahold of it but there was no way the manager was budging so I said just pull it outside I am taking it home and the manager got upset with me for taking my car. I see these guys as money hungry and they just wanted to rob me of more cash. DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR TO D ICK PARKER FORD! THEY WILL ROB YOU. :mad:

BadMoFo
07-29-2004, 08:59 PM
no chip just the mods in the sig, well and mil elininators for no cats, but nothing more than the sig performance wise.

tcrews
07-29-2004, 10:46 PM
no chip just the mods in the sig, well and mil elininators for no cats, but nothing more than the sig performance wise.

Nothing that should affect the computer in anyway that would damage it. Sounds like the dealership hosed your computer. You need to get them to replace it.

http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/magnusonmoss.htm

Your rights are protected...

Print all the info out, request to speak to the owner/manager (not the shop guys), get the Division Manager, etc... keep going up the chain. Always be polite but FIRM. No shouting, cussing, etc.... but they are responsible.

BadMoFo
07-30-2004, 08:58 AM
well had the battery disconected for a couple of hours and the lite was off for about 5 miles and then came back on. Thanks Tcrews. So how bad is it to drive with a bad pcm?

BadMoFo
07-30-2004, 01:50 PM
so now things are really sucking, the car now wont idle right, jumps up and stays at 2k then drops doen to 200 and back and froth and then it dies, the reverse lights dont work, and there is a little bit of grey smoke coming from my exhuast from time to time. they totally screwed up my car, oh and my allignment is off now to and I just had that done when I got new tires put on. :mad:

BadMoFo
07-30-2004, 04:40 PM
well I was talking to one of my friends who is a lawyer and he called over there with the magnuson moss warrenty act and told them they had to prove it and the manager told him that with the 4 pages of codes they could prove that it was my mods that caused the pcm to fail, but thats what he claimed he could do and all he kept saying I guess was that I had mods and it was basicly all my fault the pcm failed. so he wasnt budging what so ever.

tcrews
07-30-2004, 06:50 PM
well I was talking to one of my friends who is a lawyer and he called over there with the magnuson moss warrenty act and told them they had to prove it and the manager told him that with the 4 pages of codes they could prove that it was my mods that caused the pcm to fail, but thats what he claimed he could do and all he kept saying I guess was that I had mods and it was basicly all my fault the pcm failed. so he wasnt budging what so ever.

Go to Autozone and have them pull the codes for you and tell you what they are. Let us know what you get and we can tell you if they could have caused your PCM to fail. None of the mods you've done affect your computer to make it fail. At worse you'd have a code for too rich or too lean but those don't make a PCM fail.

GO HIGHER up the chain.

BadMoFo
08-01-2004, 03:50 PM
well I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and will be contacting Ford Customer Service in Mich tomarrow. I am sick and tired of being bullied. Oh I also forgot to mention that while I kept getting the line "we havent been able to work on your car today cause we had other customers" On the occasions that I was over there I noted that many of the mechanics had their personal vechiles in the shop to work on ranging from cars to motorcycles. also on the repair bill it noted that it took 18 hours to do the repairs, well 18 hours sure as hell doenst work out to be 3 weeks! I know sure there will be times you are waiting on parts and stuff but there is no way I am going to repair what they broke. I beleive they probably forgot to disconect the battery while doing repairs or the battery died and they jumped it wrong or something, there are so many things they could have done to mess my car up and thy just dont want to take the blame, its easier to say the mods did it, but how convienent is it that it went wrong while they had it?

BadMoFo
08-02-2004, 11:17 AM
well contacted ford today and they sure didnt seem like they are going to be much help, as soon as I mentioned aftermarket parts such as exhuast and cai they were like we dont know if they will fix it or not, even if it wasnt broke prior to bringing it in to them. They also gave me the general managers number and I called him and he didnt even let me tell the story he took my name and number and said he would call me back after he investigates what happened. so basicly it looks like I am still screwed. :( they said that anouther ford dealership has to be able to prove that it want the aftermarket parts fault, who around my area is going to stand on my side? I bet ever dealership is the same.

smashedheadcat
08-02-2004, 12:21 PM
I don't know what to tell ya Josh. I know it sucks, that's for sure. But, I'm sure you already knew that. Best you can do is keep on the path you're going, and hope for the best. Ever thought about a lawyer? Maybe that'd help, but it may cost more than just buying a PCM yourself.

BadMoFo
08-02-2004, 04:44 PM
well the manager never called me back so I called him and I have a meeting with him tomarrow so we will see how that goes.

BadMoFo
08-03-2004, 12:04 PM
I just got back from the dealership meeting with the general manager, service manager, the head tech, and the tech that worked on my car. I am 50/50 split on how I feel about it, they said they are going to go threw all of the codes but if they find out that there are any codes for the missing cats then they are not resposnsible, and they kept bringing up that I had no cats. I told them if they wanted me to then I would order a catted h pipe and put it on, and then what if thats not the problem? they didnt even want to think about it, but basicly they have my car again and hopefully things will get taken care of the right way, but just within a 2 day period I have already run in to numerous people that have had problems with them so hopefully they change something to get back on track. why is it I can never find those dealerships that are mod friendly?

BadMoFo
08-03-2004, 06:05 PM
well they called me back and said the reason it was acting like that was it had 4 blown fuses, and they replaced those and so far it hasnt done anything wrong. But I have only driven it from the dealership to my house which is 3 miles so we will see.

Justagirl
08-04-2004, 05:45 PM
what kills me is the guy behind the counter, James, is the one who told them they had to do all this extra work because of it being aftermarket parts and he is a fellow mustang guy. what is this world coming to when you dont hook people up? I would have just said we had to do this labor and this is what it cost and the warrenty place would have paid. But I guess he was just doing his job but it still sucks.

Sounds to me like maybe you are just looking for someone to blame your car problems on rather than taking responsibility for it yourself. Everyone hates it when they have a problem with their vehicle, but when you make the choice to start modifying your car you take the risk of messing up the factory installed components. I've dealt with warranty companies before, and most of them won't even touch a car once it has been modified. You should be thankful they agreed to pay for part of the work. I don't think you should blame this guy - it's not his fault the job was so labor intensive - if the aftermarket parts weren't on the car then it would have been alot easier to fix. Also, its rather childish for you to expect someone to "hook you up" simply because they drive the same style car you do. I understand there is a certain comraderie between Mustang owners, but you can't expect the guy to lose his job by brushing over $700 worth of work under the rug. What if he did that for every person in town who owns a Mustang? The company would go out of business. Also, to comment that you have "access to explosives" could be considered a threat to this guy as well as the car dealership. You should consider yourself lucky that the police aren't involved.

tcrews
08-04-2004, 10:11 PM
Sounds to me like maybe you are just looking for someone to blame your car problems on rather than taking responsibility for it yourself. Everyone hates it when they have a problem with their vehicle, but when you make the choice to start modifying your car you take the risk of messing up the factory installed components. I've dealt with warranty companies before, and most of them won't even touch a car once it has been modified.

I think you need to read the MAGNUSON MOSS WARRANTY ACT if you believe the above. You have the right to modify your car and if those modification do NOT affect the failed stock component then it's the manufacturers responsibility to replace the failed part. If I choose to put headers on my car and the rear-end fails....it wasn't the fault of the headers so the manufacturer should (and is required by law) to warranty replace the part. If a warranty won't touch a car because it's been modified they can be sued because they are legally responsible. If I replace something and that fails or directly causes another stock part to fail....well then I would be responsible.

Here...maybe this will help educate you....
http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/magnusonmoss.htm

cobrabitn
08-04-2004, 11:36 PM
Personally, if I brought my car in for a transmission problem and it had no other problems when I brought it in but it drove out with a host of problems, then I'd have to say that someone at the dealership screwed up and they would have to be responsible for making it right. I know it's hard for them to admit they messed up but they need to bite the bullet and make the customer happy.

They, the dealership, obviously did something wrong if they blew four fuses. They shorted something out somewhere. Calling someone childish could be considered a flame and we try to steer away from flaming people on this bulletin board. I doubt very seriously Josh is childish as he always seem to have a good head on his shoulders. (BTW, he serves this country to protect your freedom as well as mine which is much more important then a warranty claim). I also doubt very seriously that the dealership will go out of business. I don't know the history of this particular dealership but I'd be willing to bet they are not a new business. I do agree that the person should not risk losing his job for a labor intensive project and I think Josh agrees too as he paid the bill immediately.

As for the explosives comment, I read the post and it was not directed to anyone or anything in particuliar. I think you would agree a statement made in frustration and not to do any harm to anyone or anything.

As a former 1999 Cobra owner I can say that my car had a lot of work completed on it when it was new! I mean a lot of work, too. Sorry, but if you are going to spend 27K on a new Cobra and you have had to have your transmission replaced, your driveshaft replaced twice, your rear axle housing replaced, your emergency brake handle repaired, your steering knuckles replaced, and the infamous vibe, clunk and "fix" taken care of then I would say that maybe the responsibility should have shifted. Since Josh is a 1999 owner that had low horsepower then the advertised power than the modifications were even warranted in my eyes to bring the car up to where it should have been all along.

This post is not to make anyone mad but to give you a little more background and differences from your opinion. This board is for you to post your opinions and thoughts so if you disagree then that's fine, just do it in a manner where it is respectable on both sides.

JMHO

venomous
08-05-2004, 12:40 AM
You should consider yourself lucky that the police aren't involved. Why would they get involved? He has done nothing wrong! He's just trying to get his car fixed!

scocher
08-05-2004, 01:20 AM
Thank you, Tony!! I read through this entire thread, and I felt insulted on behalf of Josh when I read Justagirl's post. Perhaps a "newbie" should be more careful when chosing how to express herself to a bunch of people I am assuming she does not know. ;) If she does know some of us, then I'm more flabergasted at the tone of the post. :eek:

FYI - we're all friends here who try to be supportive to one another :thumbsup:

Justagirl
08-05-2004, 09:25 AM
"Calling someone childish could be considered a flame and we try to steer away from flaming people on this bulletin board.
As for the explosives comment, I read the post and it was not directed to anyone or anything in particuliar. I think you would agree a statement made in frustration and not to do any harm to anyone or anything."

I was saying that he should not expect this guy to "hook him up" just because he owns the same sort of car-that is a childish thing to say or expect. I went to school with Randy Moss (he plays for Minn Vikings) but I don't expect him to "hook me up" with football tickets just because we have something in common. Yeah, sure, it would be great to have those tickets, but I'm not going to get upset and say "as a fellow classmate he should have hooked me up." It's not like he and I are great friends, just as I am sure Josh and this service guy barely know one another. That's all I was trying to say, sorry you guys misconstrued the statement.
As for "flaming" people, what was it when he called that guy at the dealership out by name and tried to blame him for the warranty companys failure to foot the entire bill - he is only the service advisor, he doesn't even work on the cars. It's not his fault that there is a procedure to follow before work can begin on cars and it's not his fault that the warranty company refused to pay part of the cost. He was caught in the middle here I am sure, between the customer and the warranty company. I know he isn't a member of this forum, but I do know that there are other members of this forum who know him personally.
Regarding the "He serves this country..." remark, I know for a fact there are several people at that dealership who have faithfully served their country and even gone to war for it. They deserve respect as well. I know for a fact they try to be courteous to Marines and try to help them out whenever possible. I'm sure this situation was no different. I can understand how Josh could be frustrated because he wanted his vehicle back quickly, and I'm sure they wanted to get it back to him quickly - they just needed to receive approval from the warranty company first. When you're a frustrated customer it is easier to be angry with someone than to try to see it from their point of view.
The explosives comment - when I read the post it sounded like it was directed toward the dealership. He had gone through this tirade about his car and how they weren't dealing with it in a timely matter and then at the end he says "Have I mentioned I have access to explosives?" That is why he should be lucky the cops aren't involved, frustrated or not, he shouldn't make those sort of comments, especially in a society today where terrorism is such a threat. As someone who serves and protects their country I would think he would be aware of how his comment could be misconstrued into a threat.
Yeah, I may be new, and I wasn't trying to blast anyone (sorry you guys took it that way). I was just trying to point out a different view, play devil's advocate, and the fact that this shouldn't be blamed on the service advisor. There are two sides to every story and I don't think everyone on this forum should just jump on the bandwagon and begin browbeating the service department without knowing all the facts. I just felt as though someone needed to stand up for the other guys, as I know many of the guys over there and they are all great guys. They would NEVER intentionally do anything to harm anyone's vehicle nor would they want the customer to pay more than required. I'm sure they did everything they could to try and keep the cost down, but sometimes the price/warranty situation is out of their hands over there.

BadMoFo
08-05-2004, 12:45 PM
wow, what happened to my thread? ok let me first clarrify something about the commetn on access to explosives, I work every type of explosive made, from 2,000 lb high explosive bombs to 9mm rounds, c4 ect, the comment was made as a joke. I would never harm anouther fellow american and I take my job very seriously. It was meant as a joke, not even said in frustration, just as a joke so please if I upset anyone with that comment I am sorry, just a harmless joke ok?

secondly I called out that guy by name because the other Josh (smashedheadcat) lives here in the same area I do and he knows who I am talking about. Sure I was upset about him telling the warrenty comp about my mods but like I posted way earlier in the thread he was just doing his job, I have to do it to. But when the chance to help someone out I do, sure it may not always be the right way but thats what friends are for, I help out my fellow Marine and my fellow mustanger, thats just me. And I have meet alot of people who do the same thing.

most of the frustration came from them not listening and treating me poorly as a customer, I treat everyone the same when they come to me cause yes I basicly have customers to, other units I have to support and I keep them advised as to what needs to happen and I take care of them as quickly and safely as possible. I also have many junior Marines that work for me and I look out for their needs on a daily basis so I expect a little bit back from a place of business that its their job to please the customer, something about Ford, job #1. I did nothing wrong to my car and to pick it up and have it in a worse condition that before is unsat, they tried to take the easy way out by blaming the mods instead of taking resposiblity for their actions. So I did everything I could to be nice about the matter and handled it in a professional matter, sure I vented here on the boards but this is where my friends are and everyone vents from time to time. But in the end they excepted fault because it was their fault and they fixed the problem, but they should have done it right the first time.

BadMoFo
08-05-2004, 01:52 PM
oh and just to make this very clear, at no piont in time did I ever make the explosive coment to anyone at the dealership.

scocher
08-05-2004, 08:15 PM
Josh, you did a wonderful job of explaining yourself, although, I don't think you should have to. WE all KNOW you were joking, and we can relate to your frustration. People need to be careful not to start off on the wrong foot. When somebody insults one of us, they've literally stepped into a pit of SNAKES!!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

BTW/how's the car doing now? I sure hope it's smooth sailing from here on out :cool: :D

cobrabitn
08-05-2004, 10:47 PM
Justagirl,

I agree with some of the things you are saying but you are missing my point which is, if I brought my car in for service like Josh did and it came out worse then what it was when it went in there then they did not service the vehicle in the way it should have been serviced. (That's the political way of saying they screwed up). It's not the service advisor I would have the issue with, it would be the technician and the dealership.

The hooking up comment was already addresed by Josh, he paid them even though he thought they guy could have cut him some slack. Are we to assume that in no point in your life, you never wished someone could have cut you a break? An officer maybe for a traffic violation? Maybe a teacher at one time for a higher grade? Point is, the odds are that in some time in your life both you and I and the rest of the world would have liked someone to "give you a break" because of a commonality or other reason. Does that mean we are all childish? if so, then I guess many people in this world including myself would be childish. Let's also not forget our politicians, lobbyists, and big business. I believe they expect the same "favors" only on a much larger scale, believe me I know.

As for your last paragraph, I agree with you whole heartedly. I believe for the most part that everyone tries to do the right thing especially technicians. It's a pride thing that wants them to feel they are the best one out there. Playing devil's advocate is fine, we just don't want to see it get further out of control then what it already is. Thanks for your honesty and frankness. We can respect that and move on to more pleasant topics.

(BTW, we are not "all guys", scocher is a fine lady :thumbsup: )

scocher
08-06-2004, 01:04 AM
(BTW, we are not "all guys", scocher is a fine lady :thumbsup: )
:rolleyes: Golly, gee whiz, Tony, that was nice :o THANKS! You're a pretty swell guy, yourself. Like you totally rock, dude :headbang:

BadMoFo
08-06-2004, 08:35 AM
so far the car is running like normal so I guess everything is fixed. Thanks to everyone who helped me find out information that I needed and listening to my problem and offering advice. Its nice to have a group of friends like this that make a hard time a little easier.

BadMoFo
08-16-2004, 05:34 PM
just an update, I got a reply from the better business buruae and the dealership replied to my complaint and blamed the mods for the malfuntions. the say that the mods cause the fuses to blow and they told me it was 4 fuses but in the reply to the bbb they said it was only 2. oh and now the trans will randomly pop out of 5th gear as I am driving, which sucks but I really dont want to take it back and have those people deal with my car and I cant afford to spend anymore money right now.

smashedheadcat
08-17-2004, 08:20 AM
just an update, I got a reply from the better business buruae and the dealership replied to my complaint and blamed the mods for the malfuntions. the say that the mods cause the fuses to blow and they told me it was 4 fuses but in the reply to the bbb they said it was only 2. oh and now the trans will randomly pop out of 5th gear as I am driving, which sucks but I really dont want to take it back and have those people deal with my car and I cant afford to spend anymore money right now.

OOPS!! :D

Sorry to hear about the 5th gear thing.