PDA

View Full Version : Want to see something nasty?

tcrews
06-24-2004, 11:33 PM
November 2000.......SCMC Dragday event held at the Darlington Dragway in Darlington, SC.

Ran my best time that day... 12.4 @ 115 mph but unfortunatly this was my prize.....
http://www.snkbitten.com/images/piston7.jpg

So....if you plan on boosting.....make sure you upgrade your fuel system and use a competent tuner. Don't try to get by..... :(

At the time I was only making 460 rwhp.....255 intank, t-rex inline, 42# injectors, NO FMU and a bad tune (perfect on the dyno but too lean with load) (dyno = engine spinning the rollers, load = engine moving the cars weight).

That was cylinder # 7, where the hole is it had basically melted the metal and it had dripped/ran down all over the rod.

Mystic Cobra
06-25-2004, 11:11 AM
OUCH. :eek:

Only 460 RWHP?????

Nice times also. :thumbsup:

16yrCobraOwner
06-25-2004, 02:22 PM
thats the reason why i was told not to boost, if i wasnt upgrading anything else, guess its deff. off my mind now for awhile until i can get more money... btw thankz for the help tom.:thumbsup:

anthony:bounce:

tcrews
06-25-2004, 09:40 PM
OUCH. :eek:

Only 460 RWHP?????

Nice times also. :thumbsup:

Well.....making 570 RWHP now and have been driving with that for over a year :) That "460 rwhp" lasted me about a week :(

What I was really referencing though was that even at that number, my fuel system "should" have been enough. But something just wasn't there as well as my tune just too hot (and thinking it was just about perfect).

I had always heard you wanted around 12.5:1 with boost......well that's where I was. Unfortunately no one ever mentioned that 12.5 with load isn't that bad....but 12.5 on they dyno becomes somewhere between 13.0:1 and 13.5:1 on the street (now with load).

I'm running a nice 11.6:1 now and that's roughly near the peak rpm I spin too (6700), it's a little lower earlier on. Before I was like 12.5:1 straight as an arrow from low to high rpm.

Live and learn.