PDA

View Full Version : Took the Mystichrome to the track Thursday

cobrabitn
06-27-2004, 07:04 PM
I'm not sure how it turns out in 1/4 mile times. But I did a 8.8 at at 80 mph?

I also hit the rev limiter and wasn't no where used to driving this thing on the track. I hope to be better acquainted with the early shifting at the Fall drag event! :rotf:

BOSSMAN
06-27-2004, 07:44 PM
Tony,

You need to get a little more aggressive with the driving. 8.80 is about a 13.2 in the 1/4. I would be happy to show you how to break I mean drive it at drag day. :D

NO 5 OH
06-27-2004, 07:49 PM
I'm not sure how it turns out in 1/4 mile times. But I did a 8.8 at at 80 mph?

An 8.8 will get you a high to mid 13 second pass in the 1/4 oh Presidente'. I'm sure the altitude up there was above sea level and hurt performance. I ran 8.40's at 88 when mine was stock... still on the F1's.

I also hit the rev limiter and wasn't no where used to driving this thing on the track. I hope to be better acquainted with the early shifting at the Fall drag event! :rotf:

That's very easy to do, as the limiter is right at 6500. Best thing to do when the car still has the factory limiter is shift at 6200 to keep from getting the whammy. It is hard to launch the new Cobras... so get some practice in and the times will fall.

Shannon <--- hopes to be at the fall drag day :D

smashedheadcat
06-27-2004, 08:12 PM
Don't worry about that time Tony...... I was 4 tenths off my normal there. I too ran 8.40 but my mph was 83-84ish stock. Now I can get 8.1X at 88mph before the MAC CAI and the Prochamber. Best I could muster was an 8.31 @ 86.2 at that track (2.1 60 ft) <--- CRAP

Josh

cobrabitn
06-27-2004, 08:23 PM
I know I am not used to the car. I hit the rev limiter all the time on the street because I still think I am driving my 99 that I can "listen" to and know when to shift. The 04 is very quiet and I cannot judge how fast I am going.

I'll be at the Fall drag day with it to see if it does better. I also had street tires on it and at the drag day, it will have drag radials on it with about 15 lbs of pressure. I'd like to think it will be stock at the event but I'm not so sure it will be by the time Fall rolls around. I should hopefully have a CAI and a catback by the time drag racing hits.

We had a great time at the 5th and I only got 19 pictures of the event however, there are literally hundreds of pictures that are going to be mailed to me so we can post them up here for everyone to see.

:)

Davesnake
06-28-2004, 12:34 AM
The Big dawg in the other lane must have made you nervous.... ;) you will run in the 12's with that car in no time I promise...

Dave

smashedheadcat
07-02-2004, 09:03 AM
The Big dawg in the other lane must have made you nervous.... ;) you will run in the 12's with that car in no time I promise...

Dave

Hey Dave, I thought I'd be able to hold you off. I cut a +.003 light on that run, but by half track, all I could see was tail-lights. That is an impressive car you've got there.

justagt
07-02-2004, 09:10 AM
I know I am not used to the car. I hit the rev limiter all the time on the street because I still think I am driving my 99 that I can "listen" to and know when to shift. The 04 is very quiet and I cannot judge how fast I am going.

Don't the 04's come with a tach and a speedometer? :p

cobrabitn
07-02-2004, 08:08 PM
Yeah they do Will, but like OT, I try to concentrate more on what is in front of me rather then looking down. :rotf: I think I need one of those windshield thingy's like my wife's Buick has where it tells you your speed on the windshield. :D

Davesnake
07-02-2004, 09:42 PM
Hey Dave, I thought I'd be able to hold you off. I cut a +.003 light on that run, but by half track, all I could see was tail-lights. That is an impressive car you've got there.

Were you #123? If so I remember looking you in the face before we went and I thought......This guy's definatley gunning for me.......I like that, I'm the same way. :thumbsup:

Dave

cobrabitn
07-02-2004, 10:28 PM
My best reaction time at that track was a .010. :)