PDA

View Full Version : 03/04 Water pump upgrade Pic

03 cobra toy
06-29-2004, 10:36 AM
Round one :D

Water pump....

Pic1:New Evans pump on the left

Pic2:The small hole where the water pump bolts up is the return pipe from cylinder heads/heater core

Levi
06-29-2004, 10:48 AM
That pump looks like it will push alot more water then the stock one. :thumbsup:

Firme
06-29-2004, 12:20 PM
sweet,

do you know the flow numbers stock vs. the evans??

Levi
06-29-2004, 12:39 PM
sweet,

OK it's been a week scents I got to pick on :edmond:, this next statement is a joke. Gees :edmond: you cant just go with the fact that its a monster looking thing, no you, have to have the flow numbers...........it's just goodier. :rotf:

03 cobra toy
06-29-2004, 01:07 PM
sweet,

20% over stock :D

jimmysidecarr
06-29-2004, 01:18 PM
20% over stock :D

HOLY CRAP!!!! :eek: :bugeyes: :flip: :eek:

Dave Rocks!!!!!!
and Bob Evans....... :hail:

with that pump and some other Evans goodies we can make these things live !!!
Heat will be :teleport: ------> out of there!!!
Excellent meat and potatoes update Dave :thumbsup:

Next dumb question....... availability??................ How much?????
Jimmy :thumbsup:

EDIT------PS I wonder if it will fit the Navi??

03 cobra toy
06-29-2004, 01:30 PM
$169 for the pump.....I think it would fit a Navi :thumbsup:

coleman
06-29-2004, 02:27 PM
is that the electric pump?

03 cobra toy
06-29-2004, 02:41 PM
is that the electric pump?
No.....

Maybe that's a better pic :thumbsup:

93KingCobra
06-29-2004, 02:46 PM
That thing is sweet :thumbsup:

Firme
06-29-2004, 03:15 PM
OK it's been a week scents I got to pick on :edmond:, this next statement is a joke. Gees :edmond: you cant just go with the fact that its a monster looking thing, no you, have to have the flow numbers...........it's just goodier. :rotf:

Hey, how else would I get my useless knowledge :jk: .... that reminds me, did you know that Honda started out making piston rings.. (I know one less relevant thing due to the storage of THAT useless fact, thanks Josh :D )

Levi
06-29-2004, 03:22 PM
Hey, how else would I get my useless knowledge :jk: .... that reminds me, did you know that Honda started out making piston rings.. (I know one less relevant thing due to the storage of THAT useless fact, thanks Josh :D )

:rotf:

coleman
06-29-2004, 03:34 PM
then how much?

ever since I've been throwing my belts & limping around for short durations with low voltage ... electric water pumps are off my wish list.
so this may be a good alternative ... eventhough i should have my belt problem resolved.

Levi
06-29-2004, 04:04 PM
then how much?

ever since I've been throwing my belts & limping around for short durations with low voltage ... electric water pumps are off my wish list.
so this may be a good alternative ... eventhough i should have my belt problem resolved.

$169 for the pump. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

03 cobra toy
06-29-2004, 06:35 PM
What are all those hoses going to the thermostat for??

Here some good suff to read on what that CF is all about...

http://www.are.com.au/feat/techt/thermostat.htm

cobltng
06-29-2004, 09:05 PM
:D What are all those hoses going to the thermostat for??

Here some good suff to read on what that CF is all about...

http://www.are.com.au/feat/techt/thermostat.htm
So this Evans pump is 20% better than the stock factory pump. That doesn't say much,not enough to create a mass exodus to Mr.Evans door to buy his pump. First of all we need to establish what 20% better really is. What is the overall effy of the stock pump vs the Evans throughout the useable torque range most common in daily driving. Does Evans have a performance curve to document the improved 20%? Assuming we are talking about "Pink" Prestone,what is the fluid viscosity @ normal temp in traffic on 1960 or Westheimer during rush hour? What is the expected parasitic HP loss at max temp? What is the very best Coolant viscosity through out the rpm/Hp range of the average Cobra(non Mod)? If I were going tracking I really would like to know the answers to these fairly simple yet logical concerns. It's like I installed a set of long tube headers and picked up 50 HP. We all know that is BS.

jimmysidecarr
06-29-2004, 10:15 PM
:D
So this Evans pump is 20% better than the stock factory pump. That doesn't say much,not enough to create a mass exodus to Mr.Evans door to buy his pump. First of all we need to establish what 20% better really is. What is the overall effy of the stock pump vs the Evans throughout the useable torque range most common in daily driving. Does Evans have a performance curve to document the improved 20%? Assuming we are talking about "Pink" Prestone,what is the fluid viscosity @ normal temp in traffic on 1960 or Westheimer during rush hour? What is the expected parasitic HP loss at max temp? What is the very best Coolant viscosity through out the rpm/Hp range of the average Cobra(non Mod)? If I were going tracking I really would like to know the answers to these fairly simple yet logical concerns. It's like I installed a set of long tube headers and picked up 50 HP. We all know that is BS.

20% better than stock doesn't say much?????
Dude ...... WTF?????
What do you want.... a chart???
Time for a little reading .............IMHO
Check it out.................. this guy is no BS!!!!!
http://www.evanscooling.com/index2.html
This is the same guy who invented reverse cooling for alcohol sprinters
same guy who developed waterless coolant.... 1 full point more compression, and more advance.... on the same octane racing fuel.....= more power

Not that many regular gearheads know about him yet............ It's ...OK
But race engine builders (if they are any good ) sure know about him.
This is not BS!!!
Jimmy
:doubt:

Grimlock
07-02-2004, 09:20 PM
Does anyone know the part number? Did you purchase this directly from evans?

03 cobra toy
07-03-2004, 03:00 PM
Does anyone know the part number? Did you purchase this directly from evans?

I got mine from Evans....Are you having a cooling problem?? Maybe start with a bigger radiator?? :cheers:

rpalmer
07-04-2004, 08:55 AM
Is that an Evans model EP3513R? Do you have to order them directly from Evans? Did it come with any and all required gaskets?

-RP

03 cobra toy
07-04-2004, 09:49 AM
Is that an Evans model EP3513R? Do you have to order them directly from Evans? Did it come with any and all required gaskets?

-RP

There are two different types for the 4.6 engine. On the 99 Cobra I would think you need the long shaft water pump. Yes you need to order from Evans and it comes with the o-ring seal...