PDA

View Full Version : exhaust questions?

laserred
06-30-2004, 01:30 AM
:bounce: I currently have BBK longtubes with a BBK shorty x-pipe, no cats. I need to know if I will be able to go to the BBK shorty x-pipe with cats and pass inspection in N.C. . I also have a superchips custom chip, making my exhaust a little more noticable in the smell area, I am assuming from the change in A/F mixture. Any info is greatly appreciated, as my inspect will run out next june! :D

smashedheadcat
06-30-2004, 08:30 AM
Based on what I know........ NC inspections are "visual" only. So getting the catt'd pipe will pass you in the emission area. Finding a "good" place to get inspected, and possibly slipping a few extra bucks to the inspector could work as well. :D If you go that route.... get inspected early, don't wait.

Josh

BadMoFo
06-30-2004, 08:34 AM
I agree with Josh, around this part of NC they always do a visual, they never hook up anything to your exhuast. I have failed a few times before I finally found a place that didnt care about the cats. my inspection sticker was expired for some time before I finally found a place so do what Josh says and try to get it done early cause I was always nervouse driving around hoping not to get caught with illigal exhuast, tint, and expired inspection sticker.

laserred
06-30-2004, 11:16 PM
Yeah, I agree, and in the past I was able to skip the whole inspect thing, all together via a connection if you know what I mean. But if you guys didn't know, or if it is not in your area yet, I am in Rockingham Co. , The state of NC has changed the emissions law. They now do a wand check and it hooked to the computer, and the fail or pass goes directly to Raleigh!!!! This is a real problem as I bought the stuff before I knew this change was to take place. Every inspection shop in my area is ready to do the new test, which starts this month July!!! Anyone know about the issue? I need to know if I can stick with the setup I have or am I sunk? :(

nckissfan
06-30-2004, 11:34 PM
ha, y'all are lucky you do not live around Charlotte. They hook up exhaust a lot. I live in Union County now, don't know if they are any better.

tcrews
07-01-2004, 01:29 AM
What are inspections?? :)

SC - zero inspections currently......though we used to have a pathetic "inspection" a number of years back.

BadMoFo
07-01-2004, 09:03 AM
What are inspections?? :)

SC - zero inspections currently......though we used to have a pathetic "inspection" a number of years back.

thats what I am talking about! cant wait to move to sc. I think the only draw back is the fee they charge to change over to sc.

tcrews
07-01-2004, 09:15 AM
thats what I am talking about! cant wait to move to sc. I think the only draw back is the fee they charge to change over to sc.

Well property taxes suck too.... I hate having to pay a "fee" because I own a car. $300 + a year on a '97 vehicle sucks, $400+ on my '98 sucks even more.

BadMoFo
07-01-2004, 09:25 AM
Well property taxes suck too.... I hate having to pay a "fee" because I own a car. $300 + a year on a '97 vehicle sucks, $400+ on my '98 sucks even more.

wow my buddy said it was high but that is crazy. right now I pay $97 in taxes for my car, but I guess I could throw in 20 for inspection and then anouther 20 for the sticker for the tag.

nckissfan
07-01-2004, 09:27 AM
I guess there is a trade off somewhere. My property tax on my Cobra was a little over $100. My inspection is $30. I guess I will take the inspection, if that is how much taxes are elsewhere.

smashedheadcat
07-01-2004, 11:09 AM
wow my buddy said it was high but that is crazy. right now I pay $97 in taxes for my car, but I guess I could throw in 20 for inspection and then anouther 20 for the sticker for the tag.

Josh........ I don't think you have to pay vehicle tax since you're active duty.......

BadMoFo
07-01-2004, 02:42 PM
Josh........ I don't think you have to pay vehicle tax since you're active duty.......

when I move there it will be at the end of this enlistment, time for me to move on.