PDA

View Full Version : *** Tranny Help Asap... Clutch Enguagement... No!!!

16yrCobraOwner
07-03-2004, 12:27 AM
to make it short, someone cut me off and i slammed on the clutch ( to keep car from stalling ) and the brake. then after that my car wouldnt go into gear. after i fially get the car into gear, she wont shift out the gears and its very hard as if it has a load on it. and then when im at a stop light i leave the tranny in 2nd and have the clutch in, and it will stall if i dont continue giving it gas. the car wont go out of gear while its running, but i can shift it when its not running. so im assuming its the clutch. what im actually thinking is when i slammed the cltuch i messed up my quadrant. i got a HD king cobra in now, but i never got the billet quad in. so im thinking its the quad, right? get back to me asap please.
anthony

any and all suggstions are much appericated and wanted:grinangel
thanks to all :thumbsup:

My Cobra
07-03-2004, 12:36 AM
I have never had that happen i do not really know what to say. I woudl hunt that guy down though lol but that is just me.

16yrCobraOwner
07-03-2004, 10:32 AM
i just went to ford motorsports and they ordered a quadrant kit for me, its the one that they sell. its the quadrant and the cable. thats the same thing as the steeda and upr right? it says " v-8 mustang adjustable clutch linkage kit". for people that have the ford parts cataloge its on page 119. and this one is made of billet or metal as well right?
thanks anthony:thumbsup:

16yrCobraOwner
07-08-2004, 11:49 PM
i got it install and it came off in two pieces, is this normal? and i got it in, but i cant get the cable adjusted correctly...:mad: . the car starts up fine but when u go to put it in gear, the car jumps, grinds and stalls out. i cant get this damn cable adjusted. its either too much pedal slack, or not engouh. and i think im just messing up the tranny ( wit it griding and all ) tryin to adjust it... any suggustions, ideas? oh and btw the cable seemed to be jammed.:thumbsup: ,
thanks to all:D
anthony

p.s.- the quad doesnt use the stock springs correct> and i use them to make up for the space between the quad and the hairpin clips ( the litttle clips to hold on the quad )

thanks again,
anthony

16yrCobraOwner
07-09-2004, 10:05 AM
new idea, the clutch went out... thats when im thinking and my dad is aswell as along with some of his friends. so im gettin ne new HD king Cobra back in there today. ill let ya all know whats up, suggestions are still wanted,

thanks to all,
anthony

Firme
07-09-2004, 10:39 AM
really stupid question, but the line didn't snap did it?

smashedheadcat
07-09-2004, 01:40 PM
Do you still have the stock cable?? If so, I would have tried to adjust it before replacing the cable. I do this by liftin on the clutch pedal a tad, and push it to the floor, and then let it come back quickly. Do that a few times, and you'll feel the clutch pedal grab at a different point. And one more thing... try taking out your floor mat. It'll allow the clutch pedal to go completely to the floor........ (problem on my old 5.0)

16yrCobraOwner
07-09-2004, 04:08 PM
hmm ok, well no the cable didnt snap, but i couldnt push or pull it though the housing its held in, and its at our shop now, so il let ya all know whats up as soon as i know

thnks
anhtony

16yrCobraOwner
07-09-2004, 11:43 PM
well guys and gails, i finally got my car back on the roads. it turned out to be clutch and clutch cable. I thank all that put in on this, and helped me on my way. heres a picture of the clutch ( http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/twelveozprofet/detail?.dir=/705a&.dnm=379e.jpg ), and u can notice the only piece of it left. and any ideas on what couldve done this? i was thinking driving it hard, and "heating the tires up" haha..
thanks to all,
anthony