PDA

View Full Version : Ceramic or standard pads

jwnh
07-07-2004, 11:27 AM
Been looking at repalcing the pads when I fit the drilled and grooved rotors. Seems there are either the Hawks or the Bosch ceramics. Anyone got any experience (good or bad). I'm tending towards ceramic to stop all the dust damaging the rims.

03 cobra toy
07-07-2004, 11:49 AM
Been looking at repalcing the pads when I fit the drilled and grooved rotors. Seems there are either the Hawks or the Bosch ceramics. Anyone got any experience (good or bad). I'm tending towards ceramic to stop all the dust damaging the rims.

What are you using the car for??
Link for some posts on brake pads...

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/search.php?searchid=7673

GUMBALL
07-07-2004, 04:04 PM
Agree with "03CobraToy" what will you use the car for: street, club, track, or a combination ? If street only, that's one compound, track is another compound. If you are doing both, be careful to keep the same manufacturer as rotors bedded with one might not work with another. Also, when choosing pads, find out how "rotor friendly" each manufacturer's compound is....some pad compounds wear the rotors very badly. FYI, drilled rotors "look cool" but are much more succeptable to cracking than non-drilled.
And you thought this was a simple question.....;)

jwnh
07-07-2004, 09:40 PM
Agree with "03CobraToy" what will you use the car for: street, club, track, or a combination ? If street only, that's one compound, track is another compound. If you are doing both, be careful to keep the same manufacturer as rotors bedded with one might not work with another. Also, when choosing pads, find out how "rotor friendly" each manufacturer's compound is....some pad compounds wear the rotors very badly. FYI, drilled rotors "look cool" but are much more succeptable to cracking than non-drilled.
And you thought this was a simple question.....;)
mmm yes I did, should have realised. Anyway its for street use but I really want a cleaner pad without sacrificing the performance. Currenty got approx 425bhp from a good exhaust and CAI. Looking to pulley and chip very soon so expecting about 450 approx. Thanks for the pointers :thumbsup:

GUMBALL
07-08-2004, 09:08 AM
JWNH:
You might look at the "Pro-Touring" or "Pro-Track" pads from SBS, they are pretty good, low dust, and rotor-friendly.
They are carried by Kenny Brown, among others. :)