PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Married Folks!

bluethunder
07-08-2004, 10:32 AM
Do you and your SO have a night where it's just you two and you have time alone? I guess I'm asking if you and your SO have a kinda "date Night" and just spend time together talking.

If so, How has it helped your relationship or hurt it?

With both of us working 9-12 hour days it's hard for us t spend any time together! When I get home I start Work on the Beast and when she gets home( 9pm) she is so tired she is ready to sleep!
Just wondering if this would be a good way to spend time together with my wife?

HoustonSnake
07-08-2004, 10:47 AM
I would think any time that you can put aside for yourselves would only enhance your relationship unless you really don't enjoy each other's company...that would lead to a different place.

Sounds like your work schedules are very demanding so something like a date night should be "mandatory requirement" kinda thing IMO.

Hazman
07-08-2004, 12:47 PM
I take it she is not interested in cars?? If she is get her involved in what you are doing. I got my wife involved last year and she has a blast with the cars now. Be forewarned you may get more than you asked for. My wife has tuned into a trackhead. 11 passes at the Dragstrip last Friday night for her, 0 passes for me!!!!

If she is not then set aside some time for each other some things are more important than even our cars!!!!

LadyCobra01'
07-08-2004, 12:56 PM
I agree on "date night"! Pick one day out of the week and make plans to be together! I have two teens to add to the mix!! :eek:

Kim

bluethunder
07-08-2004, 02:10 PM
I take it she is not interested in cars?? If she is get her involved in what you are doing.
!!!

She likes car, but not as much as I do. I am trying to get involved with what she likes to do as well. not make it a one sided situation!

Jesse99
07-08-2004, 03:14 PM
For me and my wife.. We set aside 2nd Saturday of the month.. Where I surprise her.. I try to do something different every month (Movie and dinner, Art Gallerys, museums).. But for the passed few months she's requested spending the time at home where I'll cook dinner then we'll Close in for the night on the couch watch a movie (DVD).. She told me once it reminded her when we were first dating.. To me that was the key :thumbsup:

bluethunder
07-08-2004, 03:32 PM
For me and my wife.. We set aside 2nd Saturday of the month.. Where I surprise her.. I try to do something different every month (Movie and dinner, Art Gallerys, museums).. But for the passed few months she's requested spending the time at home where I'll cook dinner then we'll Close in for the night on the couch watch a movie (DVD).. She told me once it reminded her when we were first dating.. To me that was the key :thumbsup:

Now I got some idea's!!!!!

Thanks!

Twice Bitten
07-08-2004, 08:16 PM
Make some time for each other on the weekends, when you both are rested. Do things that you both enjoy, as well as things that the other really enjoys, it will help both of you. :thumbsup:

scocher
07-08-2004, 09:17 PM
In addition to the other great suggestions, you might try a mini special trip. My husband and I have been trying to make arrangements for our kids so we could spend a three-day weekend doing whatever we want ALONE!! If daycare isn't a problem, then you should definitely be going on short trips every once in a while to get away from the same routine. :D

Another suggestion: If she gets home after you, why don't you have dinner ready for her or clean house or meet her at the door in you b-day suit :eek: :eek: :naughty: :naughty:

JBoden
07-08-2004, 09:18 PM
The key has always been to find something that you are both passonate about and reserve some time for that as frequently as you can - as "friends".

Just have fun together. :D

97whitevert
07-08-2004, 09:37 PM
I take it she is not interested in cars?? If she is get her involved in what you are doing. I got my wife involved last year and she has a blast with the cars now. Be forewarned you may get more than you asked for. My wife has tuned into a trackhead. 11 passes at the Dragstrip last Friday night for her, 0 passes for me!!!!

If she is not then set aside some time for each other some things are more important than even our cars!!!!
my husband also made the mistake of saying to me-- hey there is a car i want yiu to drive.... here i am-- open track is my thing now! :thumbsup: :bounce:

scocher
07-08-2004, 10:17 PM

I'm with Lisa on this one. My husband was aching to have a Cobra. I thought, "big whoop". He conned me in to driving one, and I've been driving one ever since!!! :bounce: :bounce: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :D

cobrabitn
07-08-2004, 10:30 PM
Ideas for your quality time. This is some of the things we do...

Sleep in late on Saturday! (If you have kids, I can see where this could be a problem)

Go see a movie together.... we're going to see Spider-Man 2 hopefully this weekend.

Go do something she likes.... we are going to a play in Flat Rock, NC in three weeks.

Make a long weekend for just the two of you. We are going to go to the beach for a long weekend in the Fall. (After Dragon Run weekend ;) )

It's not always how much time you spend together but the quality of the time that will keep you talking about it and bring thoughts of good times together.

Hope this helps?

"The Doctor is IN"