PDA

View Full Version : New track times with the Vortech! (GT not cobra)

stylin99
07-09-2004, 09:30 AM
Well, I finally made it to the 1/8 mile Mooresville track for the first time with the new Vortech blower. It was hotter than a well digger's ass outside. I didn't stop pouring sweat until about 10:00. Uggggghhhh.

The track had some problems with the timing system, so they weren't issueing time slips and got a late start. :rolleyes: You had to go back to the timing tower and wait on them to post up a sheet every 5 min with everybody's runs. Typical for Mooresville...

ANYWAY...
For some background, I had my drag radials on, frt swaybar ON, spare & jack out, pass seat out, rear seat delete kit, and that was it other than what's in my sig. I was carrying some extra junk in the trunk too (literally) so that added back some weight.
First run out after icing everything down: 8.14 @ 90mph. Woo! That meant there was more in it, as that was just a first pass.

By the end of the night, on my last run, it had cooled off about 10*. All my ice had melted hours before, so I could have cooked eggs on the engine it was so piping hot. that blower head unit gets hot enough to melt gold, I tell ya.
That run netted an 8.03 @ 90mph and I walked away pretty pleased. I was really hoping to see that 7 second run, but considering the conditions, I know it just gives me something to shoot for next time around. :D

With much cooler weather, and after I master the dreaded launch on a 5spd, I would expect to see some 7.70's or 7.80's at probably around 91-92mph. Only time will tell...

I'll get my second chance at Darlington in two weeks during Mustang Week. I guess some of you guys will be there?

BOSSMAN
07-09-2004, 09:49 AM
Well, I finally made it to the 1/8 mile Mooresville track for the first time with the new Vortech blower. It was hotter than a well digger's ass outside. I didn't stop pouring sweat until about 10:00. Uggggghhhh.

The track had some problems with the timing system, so they weren't issueing time slips and got a late start. :rolleyes: You had to go back to the timing tower and wait on them to post up a sheet every 5 min with everybody's runs. Typical for Mooresville...

ANYWAY...
For some background, I had my drag radials on, frt swaybar ON, spare & jack out, pass seat out, rear seat delete kit, and that was it other than what's in my sig. I was carrying some extra junk in the trunk too (literally) so that added back some weight.
First run out after icing everything down: 8.14 @ 90mph. Woo! That meant there was more in it, as that was just a first pass.

By the end of the night, on my last run, it had cooled off about 10*. All my ice had melted hours before, so I could have cooked eggs on the engine it was so piping hot. that blower head unit gets hot enough to melt gold, I tell ya.
That run netted an 8.03 @ 90mph and I walked away pretty pleased. I was really hoping to see that 7 second run, but considering the conditions, I know it just gives me something to shoot for next time around. :D

With much cooler weather, and after I master the dreaded launch on a 5spd, I would expect to see some 7.70's or 7.80's at probably around 91-92mph. Only time will tell...

I'll get my second chance at Darlington in two weeks during Mustang Week. I guess some of you guys will be there?

Steve,

Nice time's. :thumbsup: You bring that beast down to dragday in the fall?

stylin99
07-13-2004, 10:24 AM
Steve,

Nice time's. :thumbsup: You bring that beast down to dragday in the fall?
I'm definitely shooting for dragday in the fall. I've missed the past 2 reluctantly and I really like coming down there. See ya there!

LadyCobra01'
07-13-2004, 02:55 PM
WoW! Nice #'s Steve!!! :eek: BTW: Happy B-Day!! :birthday:

Kim

stylin99
07-23-2004, 12:23 PM
Thanks Kim!!

Update to this thread:
New times from Darlington Dragway in sig. :D

cobrabitn
07-23-2004, 08:34 PM
Steve,

I don't see your signature? What were your 1/4 mile times?

:doubt:

97whitevert
07-23-2004, 09:21 PM
Steve,

I don't see your signature? What were your 1/4 mile times?

:doubt:1st post tony.... :eek: :rotf: :rotf:

cobrabitn
07-23-2004, 10:06 PM
Lisa,

Those are 1/8 mile times, not 1/4 mile times. He said they were in his signature but I don't see his sig???

:(