PDA

View Full Version : Need To Measure The Rise On An "R" and a 2000R Hood, At The Next Austin Cruise

Dano
07-09-2004, 08:47 PM
On the upcoming Austin Cruise (September?), I'd like to hook-up with someone who has an "R" hood, and someone who has a 2000R hood. I'd like to measure the rise on them, cause I plan on buying one of them for my '95 Cobra somewhere down the line.

Dan

Andy M
07-11-2004, 11:06 PM
I'd be happy to measure mine this week while I am at track. Where exactly do you want me to measure it? from what to what? Rest assured that whatever intake you plan on using, it will NOT be as tall as the one on the R!

So, you should have no problems...

Dano
07-12-2004, 07:21 AM
Thanks, Andy. I've seen a lot of photos of the hood I want to get, but haven't seen one in person, and looked at it closely. Mainly, I want to know the height of the center on the hood, where it comes closest to the windshield - I think that's the highest point. If you could, measure from the tops of the fender, and estimate the highest point in the center of the hood. From what I've seen in photos, the "R" hood is a bit higher than the 2000-R hood. I'm looking for visability difference.

Thanks again,
Dan

venomous
07-12-2004, 07:58 AM
You could always throw a Cobra RR Hood on you Cobra! :rolleyes: ;)

Andy M
07-12-2004, 04:10 PM
Thanks, Andy. I've seen a lot of photos of the hood I want to get, but haven't seen one in person, and looked at it closely. Mainly, I want to know the height of the center on the hood, where it comes closest to the windshield - I think that's the highest point. If you could, measure from the tops of the fender, and estimate the highest point in the center of the hood. From what I've seen in photos, the "R" hood is a bit higher than the 2000-R hood. I'm looking for visability difference.

Thanks again,
Dan

Dan,

Which "R" hood are you talking about? I assumed you were referring to a "real" 2000 R hood? are you talking about something different? Please advise??....