PDA

View Full Version : July SCMC Meet Tiki Island 7/24

Twice Bitten
07-11-2004, 12:42 AM
OK...here are the particulars for the July SCMC Meet scheduled for 7/24 at the Frank place in Tiki Island, Texas (that's Galveston for you Yankees). The official "start time" will be 4 p.m., but feel free to come early and stay late.

We will fry fish, french fries and coleslaw, veggie tray and dessert. We are open to suggestions for the non-fish eaters. Chicken, hot dogs, or hamburgers? There will be tea, lemonade, water, coffee and some Coors Light, Bud Light (and there was some misc. left over beer from crawfish boil including O'Doul's). I will try to get the margarita machine down there and working!

If anyone wants to bring anything, either post or PM us so we avoid duplicates. Kids are welcome - this is bayfront property with no lifeguards so prepare to watch them closely. The mosquitos are epic right now, and we will have Tiki torches, spray, candles, and will spray the perimeter.

Beds - on a first come first serve basis we have a couple beds, two comfortable sofa beds, and air mattresses. Plenty of floor space (bring pillows and blankets). And a big deck if you want to fight the mosquitos. ;) Again, contact us if you may want to stay overnight, and we'll have a country breakfast in the morning.

Directions: From Houston take I-45 South toward Galveston. Take Exit 4, marked "Village of Tiki Island" and off of that exit watch for the Tiki Island entrance (marked by big sign) which is to the left of the Citgo. Turn left onto the island, proceed over the channel bridge to the 3rd street on the right marked "Windward Way" but also has the "Jeanie Lynn Circle" sign below. Continue on Windward Way all the way to the end, Jeanie Lynn is the bayfront street and we are the first house on the left, a 2-story grey/green with a pelican mailbox. Address is 446 Jeanie Lynn Circle, Galveston, Tx, 77554. There is no house phone, so make a note of our cell phone numbers 713-829-7585 (Larry) and 713-829-3321 (Rachel).

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=OX5s6ep_0TrSYyMmM_Bo_BiDPWI7fJaeO0_EJ3qFMg--&csz=77554&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=

Fishing - you are welcome to fish. We have a live bait well and will have some shrimp. Feel free to bring your favorite fishing pole. We'll help clean what you catch (Carl...bring the boat! ;) )

Sunset is at 8:15 p.m. and if there are no clouds you will have quite a show. Plan to relax, eat, visit, and have a good time! Questions, concerns or comments, email us at LRFrank@houston.rr.com.

The following people responded to the previous post...anyone not on this list planning to come, please let us know so we can get a good headcount for food.

Jim & Jackie Boden
Edmund & Annie
Mike
Stan
Carl & Deb
Joey & Kathy
David & Tanya
HoustonSnake (sorry...can you post your name?)
Kim

97CasperCobra
07-11-2004, 03:52 AM
this is bayfront property with no lifeguards so prepare to watch them closely.

I'm a certified lifeguard trained in CPR and First Aid. :thumbsup:

HoustonSnake (sorry...can you post your name?)

His name is Joe and he's a great guy. :D

I may also be bringing a friend who just today purchased an '04 Cobra....I'll talk it over w/him. :thumbsup:

JBoden
07-11-2004, 07:57 AM
:thumbsup: What a bash !!!! Jackie makes a mean tropical coleslaw - we'd be glad to handle that and anything else needed, just say the word.

:rotf:

Carl G
07-11-2004, 11:51 AM
FUN, fun, fun, :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Firme
07-11-2004, 12:37 PM
:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

Partey

I can make BBQ chicken drumsticks if anyone doesn't like fish.

93KingCobra
07-11-2004, 12:50 PM
We Gonna party like it 1999 :hatparty: :cheers: Count me in :thumbsup:

Jesse99
07-11-2004, 01:41 PM
Wow, Ya'll have all the fun.. Maybe I need to move to the Houston area.. :baby: I would love to go, but with the distance and a place to stay is my only problem..

JBoden
07-11-2004, 04:16 PM
It would be cool to have you !!!! Just consider it an extended road trip - drop by our house on the way down, We live 35 miles north of Houston (The Woodlands) only 2.5 hrs from Dallas.

We can drive together down to Tiki Island on Saturday. :bounce: :bounce:

Firme
07-11-2004, 05:50 PM
Wow, Ya'll have all the fun.. Maybe I need to move to the Houston area.. :baby: I would love to go, but with the distance and a place to stay is my only problem..

Saturday night you can stay the night at the Franks, thats that sections about beds part :D

jimmysidecarr
07-11-2004, 08:46 PM
Would someone doing tunes(me) be over the top???.... not blasting ...just ..."there"
Music...... the ultimate icebreaker ...... Gearheads and "normal people" talking again :rolleyes: ......
Crosses all socio/economic barriers ;)
Both Males and females agree........... "Hey I love that tune!".....or ....." I remember that!"
:p
Then of course.... for those interested..... I could bring more cigars than I need ;) ....
Let me know .... I could bring a small stereo set up that could keep up but not intrude(Marantz/Bose/Sony....not a PA)
I've been a Bass player since 1966....
It won't be a rap fest...duh!! :rolleyes:

Feed back please!!

Lurkmiester Jimmy :thumbsup:

JBoden
07-11-2004, 09:57 PM
"She's real fine my 409" & "Help Me Rhonda"

Now your talkin!! :bounce:

John Chingasos
07-11-2004, 11:50 PM
Count me and the boss for the day and 1/2 the night. Do you need anything???????

97CasperCobra
07-12-2004, 03:06 AM
Would someone doing tunes(me) be over the top???....
Then of course.... for those interested..... I could bring more cigars than I need ;) ....

I'd trust ya to do the tunes Jimmy if you're up for it(and it's ok w/the host)

And I wouldn't mind ya bringing more cigars than you need. ;)

How bout a friendly game of Texas Hold 'Em??? :D

Larry, Rachel....let us know if we need to bring any drinks/food/party supplies. :thumbsup:

bluethunder
07-12-2004, 09:04 AM
Kathy and I are in for sure! After Meeting with Jim last night to look at "our new" car she is all hyped up about another get together with you guys and gals! But she want's to play some game you guys played at Larry's during the mud-bug boil!

Let me know what we can bring. she makes a killer Queso with Sausage in it!

Evilcartman
07-12-2004, 02:47 PM
YEAH, another Frank party. :bounce: :bounce: Put us down for the 2.5 of us. Not sure what we will bring, but we will figure it out.

Carl G
07-12-2004, 07:48 PM
I think this may be the event of the year! :D Cant wait. I have old beach boy tunes and a few others for us old farts :thumbsup:

Blownsvtlightning
07-12-2004, 08:07 PM
Anyone mind if I tag along?

Twice Bitten
07-12-2004, 08:10 PM
OK...so far we have fish (Carl is the man *see below), tropical coleslaw (yum Jackie!), queso with sausage (mine, all mine), and possibly BBQ drummies (Edmund!). I will get the fries since they have to stay frozen until cooking (yes, i do read directions...sometimes). Taking volunteers for veggie trays, other appetizers, desserts and beer. I'll make one cake that is usually a hit. We also may need an extra air mattress or 2, maybe. Bring your poker money. We will have a resident lifeguard too (Miiiiiike!).

Joe (HoustonSnake), Richard and Denise, Phil, Mike's possible friend, Jimmy and Gail, the Chingasos family ;) , and Keith, Angela and Kevin have been added to the list.

Jesse99...PLEASE consider coming. We will surely have room for a weary traveler and we promise a good time. :p

svt4rd...COME ON IN! We'd love to have ya!

I'm making room for the entertainment...Jimmy (check your PM)...and Carl will bring some vintage tunes. I surely have a Buffet CD somewhere...(searching feverishly through 2568 CDs...) Larry will have his Hank Williams Sr. and Bob Wills. :D

* We added another gallon bag of trout fillets to the kitty Friday night...just couldn't keep those suckers off the lines. I had to wake Larry up from watching the History Channel through his eyelids to help knock them out. Hope they are biting like that on the 24th...

PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING AN OVERNIGHTER SO WE CAN HAVE ENOUGH SPACE...EVERYONE IS WELCOME EVEN IF WE ARE BUTT TO BUTT IN FRONT OF THE FIREPLACE.

Blownsvtlightning
07-12-2004, 08:13 PM
Thanks, I should be there unless something tragic happens.. :D

Let me know what needs to be brought, and I will accommodate as best as possible

97CasperCobra
07-12-2004, 09:55 PM
I surely have a Buffet CD somewhere...(searching feverishly through 2568 CDs...) Larry will have his Hank Williams Sr. and Bob Wills. :D

PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING AN OVERNIGHTER SO WE CAN HAVE ENOUGH SPACE....

I have PLENTY of Buffet CD's(HUGE FAN!!) and can bring those. Got the box set as well as his greatest hits(yellow cover w/Red Jimmy Buffet).

I'm also planning on staying overnight so I can get my :drunk: on. :thumbsup:

93KingCobra
07-12-2004, 11:00 PM
I will probablly stay, Just let me know if I can pick anything up at the store because I don't cook(MUCH)..Veggie tray or I can make my Sausage ball that I normally make for X-mas or Turkey day for the Fam.

Phil

Firme
07-12-2004, 11:04 PM
as of right now we plan on staying also.

Does anyone want the drumsticks??? if not let me know what else you guys need. :thumbsup: (videos, videogames... etc etc.. I always have plenty of motivational stuff like at the crawfish boil :D )

Topless In Tex
07-13-2004, 12:02 AM
:( Finally, something in my back yard, and I cannot make it!!!! Me and Paul are racing in the Yacht races in Freeport that weekend. I will be leaving here on Thursday night, and we will come back on Sunday. I am sorry we will miss you guys.. We are also racing this Saturday evening in the Rum Races in Galveston Bay this Sat. evening...

Sounds like a really great time. Wish it was on another weekend! :bawling:
:banana:TNT:banana:
maybe some day! :( I would love for ya'll to meet him.

ZincYellowCobra
07-13-2004, 12:24 AM
I am going to try and make it out. Should know for sure later this week. I have something at 10AM on the 24th that will probably last a few hours, then I can get my bootie on the road.

I'll bring something with me along the lines of munchie foods -- appetizers. What about water or cokes? Need anything like that? Let me know :)
(Yes, I will be the designated sober one -- can't drink 'til September 20th!)

Nancy

97CasperCobra
07-13-2004, 12:34 AM
Does anyone want the drumsticks???

I'd eat the drumsticks...those were GOOOD!!!!

Larry/Rachel....is there a grocery store near the house that we can all see what we need once we get down there and make a run??? Let us know. :thumbsup:

Evilcartman
07-13-2004, 09:09 AM
We can bring Beer and chips if needed. Budlight OK? I imagine we will pick up James (SVT4RD) on the way down.

If you have internet connection down there I can download music from my house that we want. I have 18,000 songs on my server, so we should be able to find something we want. If you want I can bring my Xbox also. I have about 35 games and a large percentage are racing games. Even have a few with the Ford GT in them that Larry could drive. :p

bluethunder
07-13-2004, 09:57 AM
What about car movies, ie: Bullit, Gone in 60 secs., Born to run, Cannonball, the making of the GT40, Italian job( I know) or some along those lines?

I can bring cases of Water that I still have from SB04. I have like 4 cases of water left!
Someone is going to have to show this Puerto Rican how to fish!

Twice Bitten
07-13-2004, 10:02 AM
I'd eat the drumsticks...those were GOOOD!!!!

Larry/Rachel....is there a grocery store near the house that we can all see what we need once we get down there and make a run??? Let us know. :thumbsup:

Edmund...looks like you are on for the drumsticks. Let me know what you need. There is a full kitchen for prep and 2 refrigerators to keep thing cold. I have committed an outlet to Kathy for the queso. Priorities, you know. ;)

There are grocery stores on the island, just about 10 minutes away like HEB, Randall's on 71st. There are some back toward Houston, like in Dickinson maybe a little more than 15 minutes away that I have stopped at on the way down. We can make a run if we need to...Tiki Island is just before the big causeway bridge so it's easy access to most everything. There is just nothing IMMEDIATELY next to Tiki (the Citgo in front of the neighborhood has some grocery stuff at a "price" and closes about 8-8:30. The do sell beer, though...not sure how I know that? :D ).

Keith, there is no internet connection, just satellite TV cable. We have no phone line to the house (ahhh...peace and quiet). I know you are savvy enough to figure out our TV for the XBOX...feel free to bring. If you wanted to bring a little Bud Light...I think that would be great. Thanks for the offer!

Joey...the only car movie down there is the Fast and the Furious (OK, don't laugh). As of today, there is only a VCR which is part of the TV we have there. No DVD yet. That MAY change before the 24th but can't be sure. The water would be helpful if it is convenient...we can always use more water.

Firme
07-13-2004, 10:27 AM
an X-Box or Ps2 can double as a DVD player also

03 cobra toy
07-13-2004, 10:33 AM
Do you want me to bring some sausage or shrimp for the grill ???

97CasperCobra
07-13-2004, 11:13 AM
Do you want me to bring some sausage or shrimp for the grill ???

I'd be up for that as well.....damn i'm gonna gain some weight on this "meet". :D

Twice Bitten
07-13-2004, 11:15 AM
Your skinny ass needs to eat a sandwich anyway :D

bluethunder
07-13-2004, 11:54 AM
I can also bring some sausage and Serloin Burger Patties to grill if anyne would like some!

Someone bring a PS2!!!!!!

bluethunder
07-13-2004, 11:55 AM
Joey...the only car movie down there is the Fast and the Furious (OK, don't laugh). As of today, there is only a VCR which is part of the TV we have there. No DVD yet. That MAY change before the 24th but can't be sure. The water would be helpful if it is convenient...we can always use more water.

I also have the fast and the Furious but I wasn't going to mention that one!

what about triple X, there are some great cars in that movie!

John Chingasos
07-13-2004, 11:56 AM
Is there anything I can bring???? Jumbalaya???? Tater Salad? Pasta Salad??? My Mexican Shrimp Cockail is unbelievable!!!!!!

bluethunder
07-13-2004, 12:13 PM
Is there anything I can bring???? Jumbalaya???? Tater Salad? Pasta Salad??? My Mexican Shrimp Cockail is unbelievable!!!!!!

Fajiata's!!!!! and a teal '93 cobra for me to drool over again!

Evilcartman
07-13-2004, 01:10 PM
Edmund...looks like you are on for the drumsticks. Let me know what you need. There is a full kitchen for prep and 2 refrigerators to keep thing cold. I have committed an outlet to Kathy for the queso. Priorities, you know. ;)

There are grocery stores on the island, just about 10 minutes away like HEB, Randall's on 71st. There are some back toward Houston, like in Dickinson maybe a little more than 15 minutes away that I have stopped at on the way down. We can make a run if we need to...Tiki Island is just before the big causeway bridge so it's easy access to most everything. There is just nothing IMMEDIATELY next to Tiki (the Citgo in front of the neighborhood has some grocery stuff at a "price" and closes about 8-8:30. The do sell beer, though...not sure how I know that? :D ).

Keith, there is no internet connection, just satellite TV cable. We have no phone line to the house (ahhh...peace and quiet). I know you are savvy enough to figure out our TV for the XBOX...feel free to bring. If you wanted to bring a little Bud Light...I think that would be great. Thanks for the offer!

I can hook up the Xbox as long as it the TV has RCA input and not just a screw on cable connection. And yes, it is a DVD player also. Fact is, that is all we have down stairs. I can bring car movies. We have Bullit, Gone in 60, Italian Job, Ronan and maybe more.

Levi
07-13-2004, 03:34 PM
I can hook up the Xbox as long as it the TV has RCA input and not just a screw on cable connection. And yes, it is a DVD player also. Fact is, that is all we have down stairs. I can bring car movies. We have Bullit, Gone in 60, Italian Job, Ronan and maybe more.

Bring everything from down stairs, that should cover all the options. :D

cobrapace94
07-13-2004, 04:13 PM
It is too early for me to say if I can make it down there or not. Lots of things going on right now. But it sounds like a gooooddd time..... :thumbsup: I do have my fingers crossed to try & make it.
I have a 1973 CD version of "Gone in 60 Seconds", gotta love the style back then.
If I can make it, I'll get what ever is needed.

jimmysidecarr
07-14-2004, 12:44 AM
Barring the unforseen ....... I'm in.... Most likely Gail too.
I forgot to mention in that PM That I'll kind of need a little shelter, like a tent thingie(like at stang bang) or a corner of a garage, or car port... In case of sprinkles.......or worse :( ....
The car movie thing sounds fantastic!!!!!

:hail: RONIN!!! One of my favorite movies of all time!!!!... also have that on DVD!!......... How can you be a car guy and not have it?
FORD GT RERUNS!!!!!!! Yes!!!! Put me down!! I want a seat up front!!

At movie time I could easily(if there are audio line outs in RCA phono) beef up the movie sound with the stereo... :dunno:
I can if needed Bring a DVD player also.... (some disassembly required ...not a problem though)
Jimmy :thumbsup:

cobrabitn
07-14-2004, 09:39 PM
We went to see the Italian Job when we went to the 100th in Dearborn, it was a really cool movie. Not that I am biased or Italian or anything like that. :rotf:

Wish I could be there but maybe next year! :thumbsup:

03 cobra toy
07-14-2004, 10:03 PM
Wish I could be there but maybe next year! :thumbsup:

That would be great.... :thumbsup:

Twice Bitten
07-14-2004, 10:07 PM
Make sure all of you photographers bring your cameras :thumbsup: :bounce:

03 cobra toy
07-14-2004, 10:20 PM
Edman or Mike can you make this a Sticky :)

97CasperCobra
07-15-2004, 01:32 AM
Edman or Mike can you make this a Sticky :)

Done. :D :thumbsup:

bluethunder
07-15-2004, 03:53 PM
Done. :D :thumbsup:

:clapping: Good job :clapping:

bluethunder
07-15-2004, 03:55 PM
Anyone got some jet ski's? Wisj me and kathy hadn't sold ours they were fun and pretty quick!

Josh968
07-16-2004, 12:58 PM
I can bring some salmon I caught in Alaska.

You want King or Sockeye?

Twice Bitten
07-17-2004, 03:43 PM
Here's what we have so far...let me know if something/someone is missing. Rachel is going out of town until Weds. night, so PM or email Larry at LRFrank@houston.rr.com with questions.

Attending:
Bodens
Edmund/Annie
Mike&friend(soon to be returning member) Ryan Euan(w/new 04 Black Cobra)!!
Stan
Carl/Deb
Joey/Kathy
David/Tanya
Joe (HoustonSnake)
Kim
Richard/Denise
Phil
Jesse99/spouse (sorry...name?)
Jimmy/Gail
John G./wife (blonde moment...Marta?)
Keith/Angela/Kevin
James (svt4rd)
Nancy (ZincYellow Cobra)
Josh968

Scheduled to spend the night:
Richard/Denise
Edmund/Annie
Mike
Stan
Phil
Jesse99/wife
***there are still a few sleep spots***

Scheduled to jam on the tunes:
Jimmysidecarr :cool:

Food so far:
Carl & us - fish
us - fries/dessert/veggie tray/drinks
Jackie - slaw
Nancy - munchies
Keith - beer
John G. - Mexican shrimp cocktail
Joey - queso/water
Edmund - BBQ drumsticks

Phil...bring your famous sausage ball if it is convenient...otherwise we may need help with a little extra ice if you want which is available at the Citgo in front of the neighborhood. PM me.

Sirloin burgers for the grill would be great for the non-fish fans. Or sausage, David. You guys fight it out. ;)

Keith...I'll check today to see if there is A/V input on the TV...feel free to bring any and all electronics stuff and we'll find a way to make it work.

Jimmy...we got you "covered" on the deck with an overhang and some end tables to put your components on. If the weather turns bad, we've got plenty of room inside.

Anything or anyone I'm forgetting...forgive me. We've been asked by Tony Sorrentino (who may try to make it next year!) to take plenty of pictures and do an article for the SCMC newsletter.

Looking forward to it!

03 cobra toy
07-18-2004, 03:24 PM
We may stay the night.....(No Kids) :drunk: :drool: :barf: :flush: :thumbsup:

bluethunder
07-19-2004, 09:11 AM
Sirloin burgers for the grill would be great for the non-fish fans. Or sausage, David. You guys fight it out. ;)

!

Since I don't eat Seafood, I'll go by Sam's and get some Serloin Burgers as well.

bluethunder
07-19-2004, 09:13 AM
We may stay the night.....(No Kids) :drunk: :drool: :barf: :flush: :thumbsup:

:stupid: Might not want to drive back after eating and drinking!

jimmysidecarr
07-19-2004, 10:41 PM
Looking pretty good isn't it :D
I'm psyched!! :bounce:
Jimmy :djsmile:

bluethunder
07-20-2004, 08:56 AM
4 days and counting.......

bluelight_tj
07-20-2004, 05:50 PM
Ok I bite.

I will show up too.

I will also bring some beer and what other bottles I can drag out of my cabinet.

Will also bring my x-box and projector and screen.

I am me plus the new wife.

I am friends with Keith and James.

bluethunder
07-20-2004, 06:20 PM
Ok I bite.

I will show up too.

I will also bring some beer and what other bottles I can drag out of my cabinet.

Will also bring my x-box and projector and screen.

I am me plus the new wife.

I am friends with Keith and James...

:bounce: :bounce: I met you on the beach at Stang Bang! the projector was cool as a Fan!

Levi
07-21-2004, 09:20 AM

:bounce: :bounce: I met you on the beach at Stang Bang! the projector was cool as a Fan!

Fan.

He had a fan, blender, TV, refrigerator, easy up tent, carpet covering the area and it all fit in the jeep. It was great. :thumbsup:

Ok so he did not have the carpet. :D

Evilcartman
07-21-2004, 09:28 AM
Fan.

He had a fan, blender, TV, refrigerator, easy up tent, carpet covering the area and it all fit in the jeep. It was great. :thumbsup:

Ok so he did not have the carpet. :D

Nor the TV, but he did have everything else. The Gimp is a walking media center.

bluethunder
07-21-2004, 11:23 AM
3 days to go!!!!!!

Did I mention I hate Ford Cars, Or Mustangs for that Matter. :mad: :mad:

I really hate BLk Coupes at the moment! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Firme
07-21-2004, 11:26 AM
Nor the TV, but he did have everything else. The Gimp is a walking media center.

is he briging the mask for entertainment???

Jesse99
07-21-2004, 01:38 PM
Well seems I have bad new, or at least for me.. I won't be coming in this weekend.. I have to work Saturday morning.. This really Su*ks :( Hollie and I were really looking forward to going.. :(

Evilcartman
07-21-2004, 01:57 PM
is he briging the mask for entertainment???

Good question.

97CasperCobra
07-21-2004, 02:45 PM
I really hate BLk Coupes at the moment! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:bawling:

Firme
07-21-2004, 03:12 PM
Well seems I have bad new, or at least for me.. I won't be coming in this weekend.. I have to work Saturday morning.. This really Su*ks :( Hollie and I were really looking forward to going.. :(

:mad: :edmond:

That sucks Jesse :(

You can always come after work

bluethunder
07-21-2004, 04:03 PM
:bawling:

What me to do the same thing to a wht CObra?

Jesse99
07-21-2004, 10:51 PM
:mad: :edmond:

That sucks Jesse :(

You can always come after work

Me and Hollie were talking about that earlier today.. If I don't work all day, I'll be coming in.. But I won't know until that day..

msmap
07-22-2004, 01:21 PM
I'll be there with the Hubby. We'll bring bread stuffs and butter and some wine :)

cobltng
07-22-2004, 03:21 PM
:D Sound's like a lot of fun, but we are in Key West for a few days

03 cobra toy
07-22-2004, 03:47 PM
:D Sound's like a lot of fun, but we are in Key West for a few days

I'll drink a cold one for ya ..... ;) :D

Twice Bitten
07-23-2004, 07:35 PM
OK...this is probably our last post on this thread until the meet. We are heading down there tonight for some final prep, so if ANYONE needs to contact us (for even the smallest issue) PLEASE call either Larry at 713-829-7585 or Rachel at 713-829-3321. We have taken note of all attendees, who's bringing what, and what have you. Thanks in advance for all of the extra contributions. We are looking forward to seeing everyone! Come early, stay late! :bounce:

97CasperCobra
07-23-2004, 07:51 PM
If it'll stop storming I may be able to wash the Dirtbra :edmond:

Twice Bitten
07-24-2004, 08:18 AM
If anyone has an extra air mattress, please bring it. Thanx!