PDA

View Full Version : So the Managing Partner in the LAw firm I work at comes into my office this morning!

bluethunder
07-13-2004, 11:21 AM
The Managing Partner in the Law Firm I Work at came into my office and closed the door, sat down and said, " Joe, What do you want to be when you grow up!" I couldn't even reply, before he says I mean when you get older! Basically, He senses that I am not happy in my current work enviorment and basically offered me a 3 month Servance package to go out and find something that I would be happy doing instead of this!

What the hell do ya do?????? I like where I work, I just don't like a couple of the people I work with! they are lazy, Pig headed and think they know it all and they are the bookkeepers! They are both married to Multi millionaires and just do this for extra shopping money and to get out of the house! They work from 10am-3pm!

97CasperCobra
07-13-2004, 11:38 AM
What the hell do ya do??????

sell me the rims you were supposed to and make some $$$$

bluethunder
07-13-2004, 11:51 AM
I've decieded to keep them, again and finish the coupe the way I want to!

I know you're going to kill me!

John Chingasos
07-13-2004, 11:58 AM
Stay at your job.............if it pays well and if you dont think you can make more cash money somewhere else................. :D

97CasperCobra
07-13-2004, 12:15 PM
I've decieded to keep them, again and finish the coupe the way I want to!

I know you're going to kill me!

:rolleyes: lame

93KingCobra
07-13-2004, 06:35 PM
Joey did you express your feeling about the people to him you know him may understand :doubt: If I were you I would stay B/C the job market from what I hear is not really looking and you may be better off just holding you thoung... I know it is had to do for you sometimes(no offence) :D

rpalmer
07-13-2004, 06:38 PM
What is it you do for the law firm?

Is there anything they could do to improve your work environment and create greater satisfaction for you? If there's a way to "tune things up", perhaps working with them to make things better for everyone might be another option they could consider.

What do you want to do when you grow up? If there's something else you ever wanted to pursue, a three month severance might allow you to pursue it and could be a good opportunity to make a change.

I doubt my employer would offer me 3 months if they wanted me gone...

-RP

bluethunder
07-13-2004, 06:46 PM
Joey did you express your feeling about the people to him you know him may understand :doubt: If I were you I would stay B/C the job market from what I hear is not really looking and you may be better off just holding you thoung... I know it is had to do for you sometimes(no offence) :D

English Phil, English! Puncuation as well please!

bluethunder
07-13-2004, 06:48 PM
What is it you do for the law firm?

Is there anything they could do to improve your work environment and create greater satisfaction for you? If there's a way to "tune things up", perhaps working with them to make things better for everyone might be another option they could consider.

What do you want to do when you grow up? If there's something else you ever wanted to pursue, a three month severance might allow you to pursue it and could be a good opportunity to make a change.

I doubt my employer would offer me 3 months if they wanted me gone...

-RP

there is somehting and I am going to do it in Dec. You don't make much money but I enjoy doing it and it makes me feel great win, Lose or draw!
I just hope my wife sees that it is a dream job and a chance at something I've always wanted to do.

Firme
07-13-2004, 06:59 PM
there is somehting and I am going to do it in Dec. You don't make much money but I enjoy doing it and it makes me feel great win, Lose or draw!
I just hope my wife sees that it is a dream job and a chance at something I've always wanted to do.

drag racing???

John Chingasos
07-13-2004, 07:12 PM

Does it pay the bills?????? Because love doesnt :(

bluethunder
07-13-2004, 07:25 PM
drag racing???

that and some crew work for a division 2 team.

John, I don't know if it pays the bills yet, but i know that's what I've always wanted to and dammit, I'm going to try and get it done!

That way I can atleast say I tried. No regrets either way- I tried if it works out great, If it doesn't I won't have to wonder anymore.

JBoden
07-13-2004, 10:19 PM
Go for it Joey !!!!! :mad: and don't look back. :bounce: :bounce:

Twice Bitten
07-13-2004, 11:30 PM
success is not always determined by the amount of money you make, but how satisfied you are with what you do :thumbsup:

bluethunder
07-14-2004, 09:18 AM
I try to enjoy everything I do and I'm usually pretty satisfied with the out come. I just need to step back gather it all up and make a decision as to what direction I want my life to go in now!

HoustonSnake
07-19-2004, 12:58 PM
hmmm....3 mo severance is a good deal. You know your situation better then any of us but that type offer usually means; You have done a good job for us but we think you would be happier somewhere else, and oh btw, we would be happier if you were somewhere else too!

Good Luck!

scocher
07-19-2004, 02:07 PM

Gambling?? :eek:

scocher
07-19-2004, 02:08 PM
drag racing???

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D :D :bounce: :bounce: :burnout: :burnout:

scocher
07-19-2004, 02:13 PM
that and some crew work for a division 2 team.

John, I don't know if it pays the bills yet, but i know that's what I've always wanted to and dammit, I'm going to try and get it done!

That way I can atleast say I tried. No regrets either way- I tried if it works out great, If it doesn't I won't have to wonder anymore.

Git-r-done --- Larry the Cable Guy ;) By the way, I think you're absolutely right. I wanted to teach all my life, but circumstances made it impossible for me to finish college. FINALLY, I had a chance - at age 40! My father gave me the best advice ever when I was trying to decide if I should do it, and it's basically what you said - "No matter how old you get, you'll always wonder what it would've been like. You may as well go ahead and do it while you have an opportunity." :D GOOD LUCK!! :thumbsup:

scocher
07-19-2004, 02:16 PM
success is not always determined by the amount of money you make, but how satisfied you are with what you do :thumbsup:
Amen to that! :thumbsup: There are plenty of things money can't buy. Of course, you do need money to have a Cobra ;)

Carl G
07-19-2004, 09:02 PM
Man, isn't that the truth. Joey do what it is that makes you happy, but remember you are not alone in that decision.