PDA

View Full Version : SC Cruise

cobrabitn
07-21-2004, 07:38 AM
Okay, we have a cruise in NC and TN so how about SC? It will just be a day cruise so if you are interested then just post here. I know you want to know where but I'd rather surprise ya. I will say the event will start in Spartanburg County.... :thumbsup:

If we don't have time this year then look for it to be a Spring cruise!

beerkat
07-21-2004, 10:53 AM
I guess that I would be interested but the dates need to be know before I could commit 100%.

Kim

nckissfan
07-21-2004, 12:30 PM
depending on the dates, I might be interested

97whitevert
07-21-2004, 12:33 PM
ditto :D

nckissfan
07-21-2004, 12:36 PM

how original, hehe

flynfink
07-21-2004, 01:42 PM
Ditto

97whitevert
07-21-2004, 08:27 PM
Ditto
ty :D

cobrabitn
07-21-2004, 08:43 PM
The only available date I see is September 25, 2004 if we do it. :D

97whitevert
07-21-2004, 08:46 PM
The only available date I see is September 25, 2004 if we do it. :D
that is the weekend following autofair.

cobrabitn
07-21-2004, 08:51 PM
Not sure what that means? :doubt:

97whitevert
07-21-2004, 09:01 PM
Not sure what that means? :doubt:
doesn't mean anything- just a statement :thumbsup:

but something is in my head about that day- don't know what or why...

cobrabitn
09-17-2004, 12:36 AM
Inside your head or not, the SC cruise is on for October 22, 2004. That's right, we are going to replace the BRP cruise for the Ceasar's Head Hill climb. Jeff and I will be going over the particulars but we have an awesome route planned out and will be making final route times sometime next week.

the reason we are replacing the BRP with the CHHC is because parts of the parkway are closed and we doubt they will be passable by the time we need to run the BRP. So, get ready to rumble as we run a stretch of road that will be sure to test your twisty skills.

More information coming soon but the meet place will be in SC bar nothing happens before then! :thumbsup:

RF Cobra
09-17-2004, 09:54 AM
Inside your head or not, the SC cruise is on for October 22, 2004.

Ummm...That's the weekend for Dragon Run IV. :what: :doubt:

You might be the only one going on the SC cruise. ;)

97whitevert
09-17-2004, 03:47 PM
Ummm...That's the weekend for Dragon Run IV. :what: :doubt:

You might be the only one going on the SC cruise. ;)
ummmm, no, its to replace the cruise on the BRP because of the washouts there that they feel will have parts of the parkway closed for a year!!! :eek: :(

RF Cobra
09-17-2004, 05:47 PM
ummmm, no, its to replace the cruise on the BRP because of the washouts there that they feel will have parts of the parkway closed for a year!!! :eek: :(
Maybe we should become the SVT Land Rover Club...then we would have the parkway all to ourselves! :D :rotf:

So no Dragon Run? :confused:

97whitevert
09-17-2004, 08:37 PM
Maybe we should become the SVT Land Rover Club...then we would have the parkway all to ourselves! :D :rotf:

So no Dragon Run? :confused:
no, that is the way we will be taking to get there! THERE IS STILL A DRAGON RUN! :thumbsup: :D

cobrabitn
09-17-2004, 09:44 PM
RF Cobra,

Let me explain because I wasn't more detailed in my first post.

Each year we do a three day event from Charlotte, NC to Pigeon Forge, TN for the Dragon Run. (Yes, we are having Dragon Run IV) We normally start out on Friday and run the Blue Ridge Parkway over to TN with a lunch break in Asheville, NC. On Saturday is when we run the Dragon. Saturday is considered Dragon Run day!

Since the hurricanes came in and washed out portions of the parkway and now the gorge in NC. On Friday we will all (those who wish to join us) be running to TN via Ceasars Head instead of via the Blue Ridge Parkway. The beauty of running Ceasars Head is threefold. (Ceasar's Head is a State Park)

First, you will be running (paved road) a very twisty road that has mucho elevation and is awesome to drive.

Second, we will go through Brevard NC and get to see looking Glass Falls, can stop to see Sliding Rock, and will be eating at the Mt Pisgah Inn if we can get reservations?? (I'll call and find out) The Inn is one of the highest points in NC and it will give you a panoramic view of the mountains.

Thirdly, we will be within in the vicinity of the Dragon and if time allows, we can hit Robbinsville and take a run on the dragon backwards.

All of this is part of "Dragon Run IV" with the main cruise on Saturday. :thumbsup:

Hope this explains it better? :D

RF Cobra
09-17-2004, 11:46 PM
Okay! :D You just threw me when you started talking about a day cruise on 9/25 and then all of a sudden it jumped to 10/22. We are very well versed with the Brevard area as we visit, camp, hike there frequently. Sliding Rock charges an entry fee just to get in, even if you don't slide.

With everything I'm having to do at work the thought of DR4 getting cancelled was like telling someone that requires oxygen treatments to live that they were no longer available. :eek: Currently trying to run 2 businesses (liquidate 1 and startup the other) and doing 4 full time jobs in the process and the new president of the company couldn't even tell me what the name of his new company was...said I had to call the lawyer to find out. So you see what I'm having to work with. In otherwords, by 10/22 I am definately going to need a diversion from all this (assuming Lisa tells me we have a place to stay ;) ).

Guess all this work mess has got my nerves on edge. :( My short commute to and from work isn't long enough of a drive for me to get my daily Cobra requirement. :bounce:

Tell me more about meeting times etc. We have been trying to decide when we were going to leave here on Friday. If we can work it out to meet up with you Friday we would love to participate.

cobrabitn
09-18-2004, 12:15 AM
Hotel information is in the Dragon Run IV thread. You have till September 22, 2004 to reserve your room. If you are staying in cabins, then that's someone else's department. :)

All meet times will be worked out this week with Jeff and myself. You can run with Burke to the meet point but the cruise will start in Gaffney SC and run down Hwy 11 to Hwy 276. From there we will run up Ceasar's Head (We won't be going in sliding rock I presume) and hopefully eat lunch at the Mt Pisgah Inn. Depending on time, we will decide to either proceed to Sevierville or run the Dragon and stop in at the AX to see what everyone else is doing?

Should make for a fun day! :bounce:

cobrabitn
10-04-2004, 09:28 PM
If you plan on running the Ceasar's Head Mountain Cruise and the Dragon Run then you will need to click here: www.svtcobraclub.com/indexfiles/map/
but there is one correction, the cruise will start at 7:00 am and it should finish at the 411 Speedway to meet up with those folks. We can all go to dinner together on Friday night as there are some restaurants by the host hotel.

Time is counting down for a fun ride up the mountain! :thumbsup: