PDA

View Full Version : Seat track extneders installed

tnturbo
10-15-2001, 05:23 PM
I finally got around to installing my seat track extenders this weekend. They are great. It seems kind of funny to drive the Cobra with the seat in a comfortable position for a change. I may still end up do the "seat travel mod" or making a different extender myself but 4 inches additional travel straight back is nice. Only negative is the seat is raised 1/2" too and no more rear floor mats.

Dean95CobraR
10-16-2001, 01:28 PM
Are they the KB extenders?

tnturbo
10-16-2001, 05:49 PM
No they came from Interactive Systems. Cost $79.95 for both sides, I think $49.95 for just one side. If you want, I could email you a picture of them. I haven't put the passenger one in yet so if you wanted I could send or post a pic of the extenders before installation and the new position of the seat after installation. i imagine the KB extenders are of a similar design, but am not sure.

Mystic_Cobra
07-28-2002, 09:30 PM
i know this thread is old, but are these brackets still available? How do I contact Interactive systems???

Can anyone tell me why Kenny Brown's website has been under construction for years???

thanks,
Jimmy Bost

tnturbo
07-28-2002, 11:23 PM
check out www.mass-air.com last I knew ITS site was also "under construction" but it lists their phone number and that is really all you need. I still maintain that this is the best modification I have ever done to my car. If you have any questions or would like to see a picture of the extenders installed in my car, let me know and I will email them to you,

cobrabitn
07-29-2002, 09:03 AM
How about a "tech" article for the newsletter? Then everyone can see what it takes to install them, hmm? ;)

tnturbo
07-30-2002, 05:27 AM
I think I can probably do that. Wasn't I going to do this once before;) I have been terribly busy for the last 2 months at work. If I get the chance soon, I will do a write up for the letter. What format do you need, doc or pdf or ??? If I can ever get my act together and meet Big Daddy while he is in Knoxville, we could compare the Interactive extenders with the Kenny Brown ones. Install is SUPER easy. Remove seat from car, 4 bolts and 1 plug on the passenger side, 4 bolts and 2 plugs (or is it 3) on the drivers side. Bolt the extender bracket down to the floor of the car using the supplied hardware. Bolt the seat back down on the extenders. Install time is around 15 minutes passenger side maybe less if you don't vacuum while seat is out, and just slightly more on the driver side.

cobrabitn
07-30-2002, 10:02 AM
Do it in MS Word. document and send it to Fran at az98cobra@aol.com . Thanks!:thumbsup:

Big Daddy
07-30-2002, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by tnturbo
I think I can probably do that. Wasn't I going to do this once before;) I have been terribly busy for the last 2 months at work. If I get the chance soon, I will do a write up for the letter. What format do you need, doc or pdf or ??? If I can ever get my act together and meet Big Daddy while he is in Knoxville, we could compare the Interactive extenders with the Kenny Brown ones. Install is SUPER easy. Remove seat from car, 4 bolts and 1 plug on the passenger side, 4 bolts and 2 plugs (or is it 3) on the drivers side. Bolt the extender bracket down to the floor of the car using the supplied hardware. Bolt the seat back down on the extenders. Install time is around 15 minutes passenger side maybe less if you don't vacuum while seat is out, and just slightly more on the driver side.

Well all you have to do is call! :D :D ;) I've called you...YOUR TURN! ;) ;) This will probably be the last week I drive the Cobra over for quite a while! :( :( I'll probably have it back here in September. GET IN TOUCH WITH ME TODAY! ;) ;) :D

tnturbo
07-30-2002, 10:56 PM
How about tomorrow 7/31. Check your PMs, I explained what was up with me a little bit. My company is finally off strike :bounce: so I am getting ready to go back to a normal schedule. I really want to check out your car if it is in town :D Mine is still funky from Corral Day, but no big deal. I have had way too many road trips lately. 4000 miles put on the Cobra in that last 6 weeks.:mad:

cobra-a-go-go
08-29-2002, 12:50 PM
can you email me pics of them in your car

jhall@rangerdirectional.com

Thanks

Joe