PDA

View Full Version : CVMC Mustang and Ford Show-- Richmond, VA September 18, 2004

cobrabitn
07-23-2004, 12:34 AM
CVMC Show - September 18, 2004 - If you live in MD, DE, VA, then we are going to do an "SCMC get together" at the Central Virginia Mustang Club's show on September 18, 2004. Mike Kincaid will be the contact person to set up meets and coordinate everyone to caravan together. Mike's address is mkincaid@newwavetech.com.

The event will be capped at 200 cars and it would be nice to show a presence at this event so we can grow these three states. SCMC will be providing trophies for our members only that attend. Depending on the number, the trophies will either be two or three. (1 if we just have 5 members attending) Also, we are going to try and set up an "over night" stay so those of you that attend can go out to dinner together. Let the Mid-Atlantic Fun Begin!

Thanks for your time,

Tony Sorrentino
mrmach@cetlink.net
SVT Cobra Mustang Club
www.svtcobraclub.com
SCMC Hotline: (803) 371-0725

cobra330
07-23-2004, 08:50 AM
Okay...all you MD/VA/DE SCMC'ers we now have our own Regional Forum to discuss shows and stuff in the area! So, with that said..let's talk up our first meet that is to be at the CVMC Show in Richmond, VA on Sept 18th. I know of myself and Ryan that are in..along with Tony Hall who heads the CVMC..all SCMC members. Who else is coming??

Let me know and we can then discuss staying over night, where we can eat and when to go down to Richmond.

Any questions...let's post them through here or via the e-mail.. :thumbsup:

Hope to all of you on Sept 1t8th!! :bounce: :bounce:

cobra330
07-23-2004, 09:00 AM
Hotel Accomodations:

CVMC has arranged with the Holiday Inn which is located directly across the street from the show site for a discount. If you stay at the Holiday Inn just mention the CVMC 20th Annual Mustang & Ford Show and you will be able to have the rooms for $69.00 a night. Please check out their website at the following link. http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hd/riccr

It is recommended that you preregister by putting all of your entries into one envelope and mailing it all the entries and fees together so we can make sure you will be parked together. To get registrations go to our website by following this link http://www.centralvamustang.com/show/2004/regform/ . I understand that this may not be an option since SCMC members are spread over 3 States and the District so there is another option that might better suit your needs. That option is if you arrive together as a group on the day of the show you will be parked as a group.

Just some information...we would like to try to park all together so, we would need to register in advance all at one time or ride in together. Let me know what you all think.

cobrabitn
07-23-2004, 08:48 PM
I will get Edmond to add this event to the front page of the website... :)

newton1959
07-23-2004, 10:07 PM
i'm going too. just tell me when and where to meet you! is anyone else from delaware going? this will be the first time for me to meet up with members of the club other than online and check out their cars. oh boy! i can't wait! :Dhttp://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

angie
01 silver cobra

Mystic_Cobra
07-23-2004, 10:07 PM
Dude, you need a picture of your car for an avatar!

Skyline Drive (our part of Blue Ridge Pkwy) is an awesome drive in a Cobra!

I've done it several times!

95SVTCobraVA
07-23-2004, 11:31 PM
Glad to see the Mid-Atlantic section the the Forms :thumbsup:

My name is Tony Hall. I am the president of CVMC and if you have any questions about the show please feel free to ask away and I will do my best to answer them.

I am also a member of SCMC and have been for a few years now.

:D :D :D

cobra330
07-24-2004, 08:35 PM
Thanks Tony S for adding this to the front page of the the website! :bounce:

Jimmy..yeah I know..I gotta find one and the upload it. :( Blue Ridge Parkway good..eh? Awesome..that's a definite for next year then! :thumbsup:

Angie Awesome! Look forward to meeting you. As we get closer we'll set up what day we are leaving..Friday night or Saturday Morning, what time and where. No one else from Delaware has signed up yet that I know of..but, it' still early.

So, that is 4 SCMC going so far!
1) Mike K/Cobra330
2) Angie/Newton1959
3) ???/The Prisioner(e-mail name...I have your information at work..sorry)
4) Tony Hall/95SVTCobraVA (President of CVMC..he'll already be there)

Who's next to be added to the list?? :D

cobrabitn
07-24-2004, 09:49 PM
I think a meet on the BRP for next year is a must do for the Carolina and Mid Atlantic Regions. Now, we need to decide where we want to eat at... :rotf:

cobrabitn
07-24-2004, 09:51 PM
Mike,

I hope Jimmy gets to go and you all should have a nice caravan going south!

:D

95SVTCobraVA
07-24-2004, 10:50 PM
Will be nice to see them rolling into the Show :thumbsup:

cobra330
07-25-2004, 09:23 PM
BRP is a definite for next year Tony...Maybe we can do a cruise and an over night stay some where.

Yeah I hope Jimmy goes too...Jimmy?

95SVTCobraVA
07-26-2004, 09:06 PM
What part of the BRP are you thinking of doing. From NC to Waynesboro?

cobrabitn
07-26-2004, 10:47 PM
Not really sure right now, but I'm sure we'll think of a compromise somewhere... :thumbsup:

cobra330
07-28-2004, 09:08 PM
I have updated the list below by adding Jimmy's name..and fixing one so, we have 5...that's one trophy..right Tony S??!! :thumbsup:

Okay..I know September seems far away...but, it isn't that far! Who else will join us?? :D

Thanks Tony S for adding this to the front page of the the website! :bounce:

Jimmy..yeah I know..I gotta find one and the upload it. :( Blue Ridge Parkway good..eh? Awesome..that's a definite for next year then! :thumbsup:

Angie Awesome! Look forward to meeting you. As we get closer we'll set up what day we are leaving..Friday night or Saturday Morning, what time and where. No one else from Delaware has signed up yet that I know of..but, it' still early.

So, that is 4 SCMC going so far!
1) Mike Kincaid/Cobra330
2) Angie Moore/Newton1959
3) Ryan Tabor/I had this as someone else..sorry..it's Ryan though!
5) Jimmy Bost/..that is if he ain't headed West!

Who's next to be added to the list?? :D

95SVTCobraVA
08-01-2004, 11:15 PM
I see we have 5 so far (including myself). Has anybody heard from anyone else lately?

How about from NC & WV?

We do have a number of people from NC coming also :D

cobra330
08-02-2004, 08:30 AM
I see we have 5 so far (including myself). Has anybody heard from anyone else lately?

How about from NC & WV?

We do have a number of people from NC coming also :D

Have not heard from anyone in NC & WV...Also, that number of 5..may drop back to 4. Strong possibility Jimmy will be in the middle of a move or already moved. That's okay..we still have time to talk this thing up. Maybe we can get some front page of the SCMC website exposure Tony S? Or perhaps continue to remind in the SCMC News?

cobracrazy
08-04-2004, 09:23 PM
:zz:

OK.. I am awake now. I can go. Keep me posted so we can drive down together. I Love Cruising with other Cobras!!!

I am in NoVa. Let me know the details if somone is organizing.

Looking Forward to meeting everyone. :thumbsup:

95SVTCobraVA
08-05-2004, 12:07 AM
:zz:

OK.. I am awake now. I can go. Keep me posted so we can drive down together. I Love Cruising with other Cobras!!!

I am in NoVa. Let me know the details if somone is organizing.

Looking Forward to meeting everyone. :thumbsup:

Looks like your back up to 5 there Mike :thumbsup:

cobra330
08-05-2004, 08:22 AM
CobraCrazy welcome! Nice to have you coming too...

One thing we will need to do shortly..probably mid to late end of August is register all together so, we can park together at the show. I want to wait as late as possible so, I can be sure we get as many of us together as possible. If it's okay...you guys can send everything to me and I will send it all into Tony Hall/CVMC. Let me know your thoughts.. Tony Hall..that okay?

Then we will need to decide as we get closer when we will leave..and where a good place to meet would be. We can leave Friday night..spend the night and be there early...or leave early Saturday morning and perhaps stay over Saturday night. It's about 2 hours to Richmond from me..and I am in Germantown, MD. Let me know your thoughts on that too.

This is really coming together! Glad to have everyone so far! :thumbsup: :bounce:

Let's see if we can get so more Cobra's going!!! :D

cobra330
08-05-2004, 08:27 AM
Updated list!

So, that is 5 SCMC going so far!
1) Mike Kincaid/Cobra330
3) Ryan Tabor/I had this as someone else..sorry..it's Ryan though!
6) Cobracrazy

We'll keep Jimmy on the list for now..but, that it's kind of doubtful...keep'em coming! :thumbsup:

cobracrazy
08-05-2004, 08:53 AM
Are we planning on entering all of our cars in the show?
I guess I don't feel like my car is "show worthy"....
Not to say that an 03' Vert Cobra isn't nice... but I am not sure about show quality.

cobra330
08-05-2004, 09:11 AM
Yes we had so, we can all park together. Please don't worry about what your car does or does not have..all of our Cobra's are very "worthy". That is the same way I felt with mine. It is very clean but, is in need of a paint job..due to some issues with a previous touch up job. There is even an area where you can see my clearcoat peeling. Nice huh? It's all about being together as a group and talking shop! So...come'on and register with us..we'll park together..and have a great time! Plus..if you do look to do shows with your car later..it's a learning experience... :thumbsup:

I actually would like to see your 2003..as I think I may look at a 2004 Screaming Yellow one next year!

BigRedMachine
08-05-2004, 10:06 AM
Hey all,

I finally got my username and password straight so I can start posting. Anyway, I talked the wifey into staying one night in Richmond for the show next month so I am a definate for the show.
I'm sorta feeling like cobracrazy, though. My car is in pretty good shape for being a 96 but I don't think it's show worthy. :doubt:

cobra330
08-05-2004, 11:04 AM
[QUOTE=BigRedMachine]Hey all,

I finally got my username and password straight so I can start posting. Anyway, I talked the wifey into staying one night in Richmond for the show next month so I am a definate for the show.
I'm sorta feeling like cobracrazy, though. My car is in pretty good shape for being a 96 but I don't think it's show worthy. :doubt:[/QUOT

I understand those who feel their car may not be show worthy as I thought that too. Again..not really a competition between us as far as a show but, more of hey let's start the ball rolling with the SCMC in the Mid-Atlantic area. We just want to be able to park together at the CVMC and represent the SCMC with lots of cars. Some everyday drivers, some AX'ers, some show and some drag. Again, we just want to be together at the show, gain some friends and talk some shop..and enjoy! We will give away a trophy at the show if we have 5 people...and 3 if we have 10 for just the SCMC cars. No one and I mean no one is going to look down on any of our cars or any of the cars there regardless of their condition. So, don't let that show part bother you..it's not quite the deal you are thinking. There will be some cars there for sure that have never ever seen dirt..but, there will be some there that see day to day use and really are not in perfect condition. So, don't think you will be the only one with a car that isn't quite perfect.

Looking forward to seeing all of you there! :thumbsup:

BigRedMachine
08-05-2004, 11:39 AM
Now I have to register, just to get a trophy :rotf:

I also want to park with everyone to keep the group together. When can we register?

cobra330
08-05-2004, 12:18 PM
The registration information is at the Central Virginia Mustang Website. I will post the link here so, you can download the form. In order for us to park together we must send our registration in together...so, if it is okay with everyone please send to me and then I will do one mass package to the CVMC. :thumbsup:

cobra330
08-05-2004, 12:20 PM
Here is the link for registration page...

http://www.centralvamustang.com/show/2004/regform/

Thanks!

BigRedMachine
08-05-2004, 02:48 PM
question for ya on the registration. Does it matter the class everyone is registering in? I know I'll have to be a "daily driver"

Also, do they want the checks with the reg. or with all of our submissions.

and what's the car corral fee? and do we need a vendor space? Sorry about all the questions, just want to fill the thing out right
:thumbsup:

cobra330
08-05-2004, 03:02 PM
question for ya on the registration. Does it matter the class everyone is registering in? I know I'll have to be a "daily driver"

Also, do they want the checks with the reg. or with all of our submissions.

and what's the car corral fee? and do we need a vendor space? Sorry about all the questions, just want to fill the thing out right

No..we can still all park together. Probably will be noted in the class sheet that gets put on your car at the show. I believe Tony Hall can back me up on this one.

Car corral fee would be if you were selling your car..not needed for us. No vendor space..we can put a banner or something but, we will not be selling anything really.

All the registration needs to go in together so, paperwork and checks at the same time. I would like to get all of them sent to me then I will send them all into CVMC together. I will put them in a file folder until end of August and then in a big envelope and send them off.

Please feel free to e-mail me any and all questions!

95SVTCobraVA
08-05-2004, 06:04 PM
WOW, this thread has been busy :thumbsup:

I will try to answer some of the questions the best I can.

CVMC will be parking Show Cars as they register.
For example, if you pre-register your Mustang or Ford you will be parked in predominate location in the order in which your registration is received. This also means that if you and some club members and or friends wish to park together then you need to register together. The same applies to those who register the day of the show. You may be or see people parked next to a Ford Truck on one side and a 1964 1/2 Mustang on the other side. We feel that this enhances the shows appeal and we hope you will feel the same way.

One thing we will need to do shortly..probably mid to late end of August is register all together so, we can park together at the show. I want to wait as late as possible so, I can be sure we get as many of us together as possible. If it's okay...you guys can send everything to me and I will send it all into Tony Hall/CVMC. Let me know your thoughts.. Tony Hall..that okay?

All Pre-registrations need to be post marked NO LATTER than September 1st. Also listed below are the UPDATED Show rules and Regulations be sure to print the show rules.

Show Rules & Regulations

1. Show Limited to 200 cars!

2. The Show Chairperson And Or The Head Judge makes all finial decisions concerning the SHOW! And all DECISIONS ARE FINIAL!!! No Exceptions!

3. All Participating Show Cars MUST BE Mustangs or Ford Bodied and/or Ford Powered Cars!

4. The Central Virginia Mustang Club, Inc. (CVMC), reserves the right to open additional classes for Unique Cars! CVMC reserves the right to delete classes!

5. Show Cars that are 2003 to Current Model Year will be judged by popular vote!

6. All Judged Show Cars MUST have a FIRE EXTINGUISHER!

7. All Judged Show Cars MUST be registered by 11 AM! And ready for judging by 12 Noon!

8. CVMC will be soliciting JUDGES from other Car Clubs! Any JUDGING VOLUNTEERS will be Welcome! Please contact Don Lane if your interested in judging at 1-800-379-5353.

9. The Popular Vote Class will be ONE PERSON ONE VOTE!

10. All Daily Driven and Occasionally Driven Judged Classes and Popular Vote Class will receive 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place Trophies. All Concourse Driven and Concourse Trailered Classes will receive Gold, Silver & Bronze Trophies.

11. For liability purposes NO TENTS or BANNERS of any type in the Show Car Area!

No vendor space..we can put a banner or something but, we will not be selling anything really.

You don't need a vendor space but, I refer you to rule 11. for the Banner issue. The purpose of this rule is to keep anykind of tent or Banner from falling or blowing onto someones Show Car. If you want to put up a small tent and/or banner contact me the day of the show and I will see if we can find a place for you to put it.

I hope this helps :D Please feel free to ask more questions if you need to.

cobra330
08-05-2004, 09:35 PM
Thanks Tony Hall

OKay..so, I need everyone's registration and money no later than August 23rd..that way I can get to CVMC immediately. Actually it would be nice to have it sooner so, if possible sooner please.

Tony..question regarding the fire extinguisher....can you explain that one? So, everyone if they want to be judged needs a fire extinguisher? Not sure I understand that one...but, I may be missing something here..let me know.

Okay..no banner..not a biggie. I understand that..I have the URL for SCMC on my car anyway. Tony S..any suggestions here?

95SVTCobraVA
08-06-2004, 05:01 PM
Thanks Tony Hall

OKay..so, I need everyone's registration and money no later than August 23rd..that way I can get to CVMC immediately. Actually it would be nice to have it sooner so, if possible sooner please.

That's cool. Remember I said post marked no latter than September 1st. It doesn't have to be in our hands by September 1st. I hope that makes it easier for you Mike.

Tony..question regarding the fire extinguisher....can you explain that one? So, everyone if they want to be judged needs a fire extinguisher? Not sure I understand that one...but, I may be missing something here..let me know.

This one is always fun :D Actually this rule pre-dates me.
1. To the best of my knowledge this rule was created for safety reasons. When you have cars on the Show Field that have been torn down and rebuilt, parts replaced you tend to have a few leaks mainly oil but sometimes gas. This problem is mainly an older car problem.
2. This is a rule that I have seen at many MCA Nationals and Grand Nationals. So, it isn't uncommon.
3. You can get a Fire Extinguisher for about $10 at a Parts Store.
4. You may have a point or two taken off for no F/H but, you will not be kicked out or not judged. Like I said it is a SAFETY ISSUE.

Okay..no banner..not a biggie. I understand that..I have the URL for SCMC on my car anyway. Tony S..any suggestions here?

Like I said see me the day of the show and I will see what we can do about the Banner. So, bring it with you.

cobra330
08-06-2004, 09:57 PM
That's cool. Remember I said post marked no latter than September 1st. It doesn't have to be in our hands by September 1st. I hope that makes it easier for you Mike.

This one is always fun :D Actually this rule pre-dates me.
1. To the best of my knowledge this rule was created for safety reasons. When you have cars on the Show Field that have been torn down and rebuilt, parts replaced you tend to have a few leaks mainly oil but sometimes gas. This problem is mainly an older car problem.
2. This is a rule that I have seen at many MCA Nationals and Grand Nationals. So, it isn't uncommon.
3. You can get a Fire Extinguisher for about $10 at a Parts Store.
4. You may have a point or two taken off for no F/H but, you will not be kicked out or not judged. Like I said it is a SAFETY ISSUE.

Like I said see me the day of the show and I will see what we can do about the Banner. So, bring it with you.

That should help...I will wait til the last second Tony to make sure I cover everyone. Should not take that long to get from MD to VA but, I don't want to be the last second either...you never know about the mail. :(

Thanks for the explanation about the fire extinguisher...I am bit new to the show scene. This will be my third one ever. Funny..they did not ask for that at Carlisle that I remember. It makes sense though. I have seen these at the parts store..and almost picked one up before. Does it need to be mounted or set some where so, it is seen?

I appreciate the banner assistance. I don't have a banner yet...Tony S..do we have anything that I can use..or borrow? Or suggestions? I don't want to do anything that would cause issue or take away from the CVMC show..just a little something to say hey here we are. :thumbsup:

95SVTCobraVA
08-06-2004, 10:09 PM
Funny..they did not ask for that at Carlisle that I remember. It makes sense though. I have seen these at the parts store..and almost picked one up before. Does it need to be mounted or set some where so, it is seen?

Carlisle may not require one.

All you have to do with the F/H is lay it in your trunck

cobrabitn
08-06-2004, 10:35 PM
Mike,

I've just got in on this thread so I'll try to answer your questions for you and your concerns.

I would set up a tent if possible and a banner. It's just to show our presence. If CVMC is worried about the tent blowing over (which is a valid reason and possible) let me say that Dave Stanfield parked his car under his tent therefore reeducing possible damage to other vehicles. I would recommend weights to keep the tent from moving. I will try to send you a banner to put up but will need it back. (I'll have to have a new one made and we'll send it to MA for their events).

The fire extinguisher is an old MCA rule that I wish they would lose since we are at a car show and not a track event. However, I think it is a good idea to have one in your car just in case something happens while you are driving down the road, you never know?

Just a note here, don't feel like your car isn't show worthy, feel like you are contributing to a charity that could use your $$ for constructive items. Personally, if it were me, I would ride down on Saturday morning, then go out to eat on Saturday night as a group. You never know who may show up? :)

Going out to eat and relaxing after a show at the hotel is always real nice. It also gives you some time to bond as a group.

Good luck at the event!

Tony

cobra330
08-08-2004, 09:36 PM
Updated list!

So, that is 5 SCMC going so far!
1) Mike Kincaid/Cobra330
3) Ryan Tabor/BigRedMachine*******CHECK REC"D PAID******
6) Cobracrazy

We'll keep Jimmy on the list for now..but, that it's kind of doubtful...keep'em coming! :thumbsup:

OKAY....Ryan has paid. That leaves, Cobracrazy and Angie to pay. If you guys can I would like to get the money as soon as possible. Let me know when you can and I will PM you with my address to send the registration form and your check! Thanks!

cobrabitn
08-08-2004, 10:50 PM
The Award will look like this (photo on left):

cobra330
08-09-2004, 08:23 AM
Tony S...thanks for the suggestion regarding the tent and banner. I am thinking of buying one of those tents at Wal-Mart. We could sit underneath it and also have the banner on that....should be fine unless it is a windy day. If you send me the banner I will send it back for sure. Just make sure I have the return address and you will get it back the following week. :thumbsup: :bounce:

cobracrazy
08-10-2004, 07:48 AM
Sorry I have been slow to my stuff to you but I will get on it.
Work has been busy. Yuk.

I am going for sure!! :thumbsup:

cobra330
08-10-2004, 08:09 AM
cobracrazy..no problem. When you have your registration form and check ready to send let me know and I can send you my address in a PM.

Same for you newton1959 and bigredmachine....as soon as you are ready let me know guys and I will PM you my address.

Thanks...looking forward to seeing all of you! :thumbsup:

cobracrazy
08-11-2004, 02:41 PM
Cobra330- Go ahead and PM your address so I can "snail mail" my application and check to you.

Now:
1) When are we going, Friday night or Sat morning?
2) If Friday night, I guess we will stay at the hotel across the street.
3) We will need a meeting place(s). Perhaps Angie and Mike could meet first up in MD then drive down to meet Jimmy, Ryan and myself.

If we drive down Friday we should probably get and early start to avoid Northern Va rush hour traffic.

Let me know what you guys are thinking

Scott

cobra330
08-11-2004, 03:03 PM
cobracrazy

1 and 2) No one has said one way or the other what they want to do about staying..so, not sure. Tony S suggests Saturday which will allow us more time but, if general consensus is Friday due to prior obligations..I understand and can deal with that. So I need to know everyone's opinion on Friday, Saturday or you don't want to spend the night at all...Please let me know.
3) That is fine with me but, I have not heard anymore from Angie since the original discussion...so, Angie..you out there? When do want to go? Where can you meet? As far as Jimmy is goes..I think he is out at this point as it appears he will be moving by mid to late September. So, that leaves you and Ryan..who could meet. So, I need to hear from everyone as to if they want to stay or not, what night if any and when they want to leave....and if it is a big hassle we could all met at the hotel if we stay..Opinions suggestions, etc wanted...

BigRedMachine
08-11-2004, 03:30 PM
Friday or Saturday is fine with me. I was hoping to drive down sometime Friday and stay in Richmond a couple of nights, but either way is fine. I just hate mornings, and it takes forever trying to get the babies stuff together for a trip, but I'll manage. I live 5 minutes away from the I95 entrance if I hit all the traffic lights so I could meet up with you along the way.

PS. BigRedMachine=Ryan, so you don't need to send me your address, I've already sent my reg. and check to ya ;)

cobra330
08-11-2004, 03:45 PM
bigredmachine..I would prefer to drive down Friday also..and I think so would cobracrazy..so, that is 3 of us..I just need to hear from Angie now.

We can meet on I95 somewhere..if you know some where that is convienient that would work. I have no problem doing that..let's make it something with easy on and off the highway...

Yep Ryan I got yours already..we are set! Thanks!

BigRedMachine
08-11-2004, 03:53 PM
If your coming down 95 to go to richmond and get off at the Dale City exit where I do to go home, there's a K-mart, McDonalds and some other restaurant on the left as soon as you come over the overpass. I don't know if mine would be the last stop on the way to richmond. I wouldn't mind driving elsewhere to meet either.

cobra330
08-11-2004, 03:57 PM
That is fine...as long as it is not near the Mixing Bowl with about a billions exits all over. Is that before or after Potomac Mills? I know where that is!

BigRedMachine
08-11-2004, 04:06 PM
That's funny that you ask, it pretty much IS the Potomac Mills exit. :) But instead of branching off right to go to the mall, you'd branch off to the left towards Dale City, and the K-mart/McD's is the first left.

Anyway, I plan on taking Friday off work to hopefully clean BigRed up in the morning, so I'm open to either day.

cobra330
08-11-2004, 04:10 PM
Okay...I thought it might be...so, I say let's plan on Friday night going down. Meet at the exit mentioned above. Dale City at the McDonalds/K-Mart. I assume they are together in the parking lot? Now the time? I can take the day off or half the day off..my car is clean and sits in the garage so, I don't have to worry about that for now.

So, BigRedMachine and Cobra330 agree to Friday at the Dale City Exit..what do you think CobraCrazy and Angie? Also, now what time? Also, BigRedMachine can you get the exact exit number?

BigRedMachine
08-11-2004, 04:14 PM
I'll write it down and post specific details tomorrow sometime. The K-mart and the McDonalds are not right next to each other but are in the same shopping area. Can't miss either one. Just let me know a time and I can work around getting the car cleaned. i assume most everyone knows on a Friday going south is not to pretty after 3 or 4. :mad:

cobracrazy
08-11-2004, 04:15 PM
I can take off Friday as well. It would be easiest for me to meet everyone at the Falmouth exit on Rt 95. There is a McDonalds right after you exit while going south. My car is Black and so after the drive it will be a mess. I was thinking about washing on Friday and waxing early Sat morning in the hotel parking lot before the sun gets up.

Does everyone want to go Friday?

BTW: Tony- Maybe I am missing something but I do not see a letter code for 2003 Cobra verts. Also, my car falls in between daily driver and ocasional driver.... What To do??

If I do stay Friday night, I won't stay Sat night but I can hang around and have dinner.

BigRedMachine
08-11-2004, 04:33 PM
Friday is fine for me so I can work on cleaning my car up a bit during the day provided it doesn't rain.

cobra330
08-11-2004, 04:46 PM
Okay...we are leaving on Friday then. I will meet BigRedMachine at the Dale City exit..we can they go to the Falmouth exit and meet CobraCrazy. Then caravan down. Now..the only other issue is Angie..but, we'll figure out something on that one. CobraCrazy if you could let us know that exit number for Falmouth so, we can meet you at the McDonalds there. Now as far as time..you are correct..3 to 4 is not good in that area so, we need to either go earlier or later..which is good for you guys? I can do either so, let me know. We could then do dinner that night...go to the show Saturday and head out some time Saturday night..that would give everyone some time to socialize and still have one day of our weekend for other stuff..... :bounce:

95SVTCobraVA
08-11-2004, 04:59 PM
bigredmachine..I would prefer to drive down Friday also..and I think so would cobracrazy..so, that is 3 of us..I just need to hear from Angie now.

We can meet on I95 somewhere..if you know some where that is convienient that would work. I have no problem doing that..let's make it something with easy on and off the highway...

Yep Ryan I got yours already..we are set! Thanks!

There is a rest area just north of the Dumfries exit which is just north of Quantico. You could meet there. :thumbsup:

cobra330
08-11-2004, 04:59 PM
Cobracrazy I PM'ed you my address.... :thumbsup:

95SVTCobraVA
08-11-2004, 05:29 PM
I can take off Friday as well. It would be easiest for me to meet everyone at the Falmouth exit on Rt 95. There is a McDonalds right after you exit while going south. My car is Black and so after the drive it will be a mess. I was thinking about washing on Friday and waxing early Sat morning in the hotel parking lot before the sun gets up.

There is a Car Wash at the East Coast Gas station near the Holiday Inn. It is one of those magic wand types of wash.

BTW: Tony- Maybe I am missing something but I do not see a letter code for 2003 Cobra verts. Also, my car falls in between daily driver and ocasional driver.... What To do??

It is rule #5 posted this in the Show Rules on page 3 of this thread. Here is the rule.

5. Show Cars that are 2003 to Current Model Year will be judged by popular vote!

This means that the participants in the show will vote for the 2003 & 2004 Mustang/Ford they like the best. There will be at least 3 trophies given out in the Popular Choice category. There is a reason for this. It is very hard to judge a current model year (CMY) Mustang/Ford or a previous model year (PMY) Mustang/Ford because they are just to new to find anything wrong with them. Based on the point system we use it is possible that every 2003 & 2004 Mustang in the show field would get a trophy and that would not be fair to the cars that are 10, 20, 30 & 40 years old. If im not mistaken this is also a MCA rule and CVMC has used the CMY & PMY Rule for as long as I have been a member of the club. CVMC does use Modified MCA Rules.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

cobra330
08-11-2004, 08:42 PM
Okay...we are leaving on Friday then. I will meet BigRedMachine at the Dale City exit..we can they go to the Falmouth exit and meet CobraCrazy. Then caravan down. Now..the only other issue is Angie..but, we'll figure out something on that one. CobraCrazy if you could let us know that exit number for Falmouth so, we can meet you at the McDonalds there. Now as far as time..you are correct..3 to 4 is not good in that area so, we need to either go earlier or later..which is good for you guys? I can do either so, let me know. We could then do dinner that night...go to the show Saturday and head out some time Saturday night..that would give everyone some time to socialize and still have one day of our weekend for other stuff..... :bounce:

As it stands now the above will be where will meet and on Friday. I am not sure what exact time traffic gets busy down that way but, I would say let's head down before that not after...Anyone know what time traffic gets really bad? Let me know..then maybe we should plan to leave about an hour before that just to be sure!

cobracrazy
08-11-2004, 09:39 PM
Weee Whooo!! Plans are coming together.
I would like to drive down in daylight hours but I am flexible...

I sent a PM to Angie yesterday and she said she was coming but she has been very quiet on the boards... Hmm

I'll send my registration in the next day or two. Then I will make hotel reservations.

We are planning on going rain or shine right??

cobra330
08-12-2004, 08:02 AM
I want to go down in the daylight to and before traffic..so, we are talking probably after lunch and before 3? Let me know.

Well hopefully she will get in with us and we can ride down together and park together there....Let me know if you hear any more.

Sounds good...I will put yours with Ryans, wait for Angie a bit more..and then send them all in together. I think we have to have them in by September 1..so, we have a few more weeks but, not long!

BigRedMachine
08-12-2004, 01:47 PM
I just picked up my car from the shop today and I forgot to write down the exit number off 95 to Dale City. Sorry 'bout that. I'll get it tonight when I go home.

I'm up for anytime on Friday. I'm taking the day off work so I'm open to before or after lunch/rush hour.

My wife is driving down with us in her car because she might leave early or whatever. She has an 03 Eclipse so I'll make her go to the back of the line :D
Don't rag her to much, she bought it before she met me!

Maybe closer to drive time we can exchange cell numbers to stay in touch in case something happens. Just a thought.

cobra330
08-12-2004, 02:15 PM
Okay just let me know.

I was thinking between 1 and 3PM we leave? Probably closer to 1 to 2?

No problem with her to follow..we won't hold it against her...she has 12 months to trade it in for a Cobra! :spoke:

Sounds good to me with the cell phones. A week before we leave we can do that so, we can stay in touch. :thumbsup:

BigRedMachine
08-12-2004, 02:24 PM
Sounds fine to me. I don't really know where Germantown is in MD (although I've heard of it) so it might take you what...30-45 minutes to get to Woodbridge? (depending on traffic of course)

So just let me know when you leave, and we can go from there. But the time frame is fine with me.

cobra330
08-12-2004, 02:28 PM
Probably 30 to 45 minutes...with little to no traffic is about right...Sounds excellent to me!! :bounce:

newton1959
08-12-2004, 03:19 PM
HI MIKE K,

I'M STILL GOING. MY HUSBAND HASN'T DECIDED IF HE WANTS TO BRING HIS LIGHTNING AND TAG ALONG WITH US. THATS WHAT THE HOLD UP IS ON MY END. PLEASE PM ME YOUR INFO SO THAT I CAN GET THE CHECK SENT OUT.
FRIDAY SOUNDS GOOD TO ME TOO. I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF DELAWARE. WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO MEET YOU? I'LL TAKE OFF FROM WORK THAT DAY SO TIME ISN'T AN ISSUE. JUST TELL ME WHEN AND WHERE.

THANKS,:thumbsup:
ANGIE

cobra330
08-12-2004, 03:36 PM
Address has been PM'ed to you.

Well how familiar are you with Maryland..in paticuliar 270 and the Germantown/Rockville area? I can meet you any where you are familar with. Hopefully we can stay close to 270 so, you can hop off to meet me and then we can hop back on. Or if you want you can meet us at the Dale City exit in VA if you prefer. Let me know what you think...we'll work it out! :thumbsup:

cobracrazy
08-12-2004, 06:16 PM
Angie- Tell your hubby to bring the Lightning for sure.

I can leave early as well.
The cell numbers are a great idea. We can PM them or use email.

I will try to send my stuff in today to Cobra330.

I have been trying to convince some other Cobra owners I know to come down with us.... we'll see.

This should be fun!

95SVTCobraVA
08-13-2004, 10:19 PM
Looks like you have things on a roll Mike :thumbsup:

cobracrazy
08-17-2004, 12:35 AM
Cobra330- Sent my stuff via "Snail Mail"

cobra330
08-17-2004, 05:16 PM
Angie...got your check and form! THanks!

Cobracrazy..excellent I will be looking for yours in the mail! The more you can get to come the merry!!

I am off on Sept 17th so, I am set to go that day...I think we have everything set as far as where will meet Cobracrazy and BigRedMachine. I just need to confirm where to meet with Angie...Angie let me know how familiar you are with Maryland, 270 Interstate in MD...let me know so, we can figure out where we can meet.

This is really getting going! Excellent! :bounce:

Tony S....banner? When did you want to send that up to me? Let me know when and I will send you my address...

cobrabitn
08-17-2004, 11:21 PM
Mike,

I will have the banner there before the event. I am having another one made up and when I get it, I'll mail you the one I have.

The trophy has been ordered so you are good to go on that one! :bounce:

Thx :thumbsup:

BigRedMachine
08-19-2004, 08:42 AM
Hey everyone,

My old neighbor that I still talk to is a manager at the Hampton Inn in Alexandria. She knows the manager of the Hampton Inn in Richomnd (which is located about 8 miles from the complex). It's up to you, but she said if she could get a head count, she could block off some rooms for us so we could be at the same hotel. I don't know of everyone's plans but I thought I would throw it out there to see what you think. I'm still prying her to try and get some $$$ off of the rooms but it's not guaranteed. I can get more info. when I know who is coming. :D

cobra330
08-19-2004, 08:44 AM
BigRedMachine....does not matter to me..see what you can do. I think there is only 4 of us at this time though. Angie, CobraCrazy, you and me....unless anyone else out there is coming???

I have everyone above form and money so, that is set...I will wait a few more days just to see what happens and then send them all in. :bounce:

BigRedMachine
08-19-2004, 08:47 AM
Ok, I'll talk to her today and post some more info. later.

95SVTCobraVA
08-19-2004, 10:37 PM
Remember guys, don't forget about the Holiday Inn across the street from the show :thumbsup:

http://www.centralvamustang.com/show/2004/hotels.html

BigRedMachine
08-23-2004, 09:07 AM
Hello again,
My neighbor gave me the stats for her connection at the Hampton Inn in Richmond. The going rate is $79 per night and it's about 8 miles from the complex. So if the Holiday Inn across the street is cheaper, I'd definetly go with that. Here's the address and the phone if interested, sorry I couldn't get her to hook us up with a better rate, but I tried. :(

10800 W. Broad Street
Glen Allen, VA 23060
(804) 747-7777

cobra330
08-23-2004, 09:25 AM
Well with that in mind I say we go with the Holiday Inn across the street. It is less expensive and close. So, we are going with the Holiday Inn and leaving on Friday. That part is done. I think we have basically decided where to meet Cobracrazy and BigRedMachine which I will confirm as we get closer.

Still waiting to hear from Angie about where to meet her...Angie you out there?

I have CobraCrazy, BigRedMachine and Angie's money and forms. May have one more so, I am waiting to send everything in next Monday...

This is going to be awesome..can't wait to see everyone!
:thumbsup: :bounce:

cobra330
08-27-2004, 09:27 AM
A question for all going...is anyone in our group a good photographer? I have a Digital Camera but, it's an older one so, if someone has a newer one and would like to take pics for us that would be awesome. I would like to put together some photo's of our cars and us to post here on Forum..so, the Mid-Atlantic group can be shown to all! Let me know! :bounce:

BigRedMachine
08-27-2004, 09:36 AM
I plan on bringing my wife's digital camera. It's either a 4 megapixel or 5, can't remember which. It takes pics and does small video's also, depending on how much memory it has. We have issues with the battery life on it so I'll pack some extra batteries. It eats batteries like nothing I've ever seen. :mad:

cobra330
08-27-2004, 09:45 AM
Excellent. I will bring mine too but, it is only 2 megapixel. I have never downloaded the pictures from it myself as we just recently bought a nice enough computer. Now I gotta figure out how to do it and then how to upload them here but, if you have a better camera that is great. At least we have 2 people taking pictures...that way we are sure at least one set will make it here! :D

BigRedMachine
08-27-2004, 09:48 AM
Her camera takes great pictures, but like I said, were having issues with the batteries. It's irritating sometimes.

cobra330
08-27-2004, 09:52 AM
Yeah that is...I know the feeling...everytime we take ours out the batteries seem to almost be dead. I have learned to carry about 10 extra's with me..so, I will have some too in case you run through all of yours.

The event is really getting close!! I am waiting on one person to send me thier registration and check...so, I will be sending them all in no later than Monday Aug 30th! Thanks to everyone for sending me the stuff so quick! This is going to be awesome! :thumbsup:

cobracrazy
08-27-2004, 10:34 AM
I'll bring my digital camera as well (3.1 MegaPixel). I won't have any riders in my car to take photos while we are driving but if somone else has a passenger they can use my camera. :thumbsup:

Did anyone make reservations yet?

cobra330
08-27-2004, 10:40 AM
Excellent...3 cameras are better than 2! Lots of different perspectives!

I have not made reservations yet...probably do that in the next week. If anyone does soon check room availability so, we don't lose out. I would hate to see us split up into different hotels. Also, don't forget that I think the CVMC has negotiationed a room rate of $69.00...so, make sure that is what you get. :thumbsup:

95SVTCobraVA
08-27-2004, 01:16 PM
Please be sure to mention our show when you make your reservations. If you have any problems please let me know.

cobra330
08-29-2004, 09:12 PM
Okay...all monies have been rec'd by me. I am sending all of our checks and registrations Monday the 30th for the CVMC show. I will be going by the post office so, it will be postdated before Sept 1, 2004. We are good to go there. :thumbsup:

Has anyone made reservations yet for the hotel? Just want to know if there are any issues with getting a room or the rate for the CVMC show? I will probably make my reservation some time this week. :D

It looks like we have our meeting places set for me to me CobraCrazy and BigRedMachine. Angie...can you let us know if you plan to follow us down or not? I just want to make sure everyone is taken care of. If you need directions or want to find out where to meet please post here or PM me...I want to close the loop on this within the next week so, we are all set.

Mystic_Cobra
08-29-2004, 09:53 PM
Sorry I've been MIA on the forum lately. I'm going to go ahead and register so if I am still here I can go and hang out with the group. Mike's going to forward my reg form with the group.

As for the group cruise to the show. You should definitely make sure you are south Springfield/Dumfries/Dale City by around 3. Traffic is hell going south on I-95 on Friday afternoons. It starts to get bad around 3 and doesn't let up until around 7.

Let me know if you need help coordinating meeting places, I know the area pretty well.

cobra330
08-30-2004, 08:11 AM
Alright Jimmy!!!! I got you covered!

Yeah we are going to get the heck out of dodge early Friday. In fact I may head down to the Potomac Mills area and just wait for whoever is meeting me there..I can get some lunch or something. At least we will have the traffic behind us at that point! I do not want to sit in traffic. :thumbsup:

cobra330
08-30-2004, 03:13 PM
Registrations and checks went to CVMC today..so, we are set. Now we just need to think about the hotel issue. :thumbsup:

BigRedMachine
08-30-2004, 03:41 PM
My neighbor got me the employee rate for the Hampton Inn I mentioned in a previous post. She could only get one room at that rate so I feel a little obligated to stay because she pulled in a favor with the hotel manager there.

cobra330
08-30-2004, 03:49 PM
Oh I assumed when she could not meet the rate of the Holiday Inn where we all were going to stay together that was out. Well I guess we'll caravan down together and then part once we get there. Then we can met up Saturday morning at the show? Sound good? I assume the rest of us are staying at the Holiday Inn? Sorry maybe I should have been more specific with what the plans were or what were trying to do...sorry.

Angie, CobraCrazy..you guys going to stay the Holiday Inn? Have you called yet? I plan on doing it this week probably Wednesday...once I get done with end of the month at work. Let me know.

Let me know folks...that way we can also plan what we want to eat Friday night..and then maybe do a little clean up the on the cars in the parking lot..over a few brews? :thumbsup:

95SVTCobraVA
08-30-2004, 05:04 PM
Registrations and checks went to CVMC today..so, we are set. Now we just need to think about the hotel issue. :thumbsup:

That's great news :thumbsup: Then it's a done deal :D See ya'll at the show :thumbsup:

cobra330
08-30-2004, 05:06 PM
Yep Yep...your stuck with us now!! :D

95SVTCobraVA
08-30-2004, 06:12 PM
Yep Yep...your stuck with us now!! :D

It will be a pleasure to have ya'll here :D

cobracrazy
08-30-2004, 09:18 PM
Holiday Inn sounds good to me I will call probably later this week.

My Cobra is Black... It will need a major clean up after arriving.
I will clean and wax before hitting the road and by the time I am in Richmond my car will look like it was in a Mad Max film. :(

Black looks good only right after the waxing. I was thinking of washing the car that night and waxing again in the morning.

But I could be talked into a few beers I think. As for food.... I eat anything! :thumbsup:

Should we bring two way radios? I will have my cell phone with me. Maybe cell phones are good enough.

We should PM each person in the group so we can all get each others cell numbers... What ya think??

BigRedMachine
08-31-2004, 09:45 AM
I'm going to put a clean down on mine before I leave and most likely when I get there. I know about the black cars, we had an 88 gt that was black. You could sit and watch it get dirty hours after washing it. :D

I'm thinking about trying this stuff:

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?UseCase=C001&UserAction=performMoreDetail&Parameters=TRUE%7C%7EProtectants%7C%7ENONE%7C%7EEagle+One+++++++++++++++++++++++++++WET+Wipe+%26+Shi ne%7C%7ENONE%7C%7EFALSE%7C%7EFALSE%7C%7E61540%7C%7E2037%7C%7E2088618%7C%7ENONE%7C%7E%244.39%7C%7ENON E%7C%7ENONE%7C%7ENONE%7C%7ENONE%7C%7E1.35%7C%7ENONE%7C%7ES%7C%7EEAG%7C%7Etrue

My father used it on his 04 mustang all the time and worked pretty well. It doesn't substitute for a wash but in between washes it works pretty well.

cobrabitn
08-31-2004, 09:33 PM
Invest in some two ways. It's a great way to cut up and let others in the caravan know what is up ahead. :thumbsup:

95SVTCobraVA
09-01-2004, 07:22 AM
Yep, two-way radios are the way to go. :thumbsup:

cobra330
09-02-2004, 08:48 AM
Holiday Inn sounds good to me I will call probably later this week.

My Cobra is Black... It will need a major clean up after arriving.
I will clean and wax before hitting the road and by the time I am in Richmond my car will look like it was in a Mad Max film. :(

Black looks good only right after the waxing. I was thinking of washing the car that night and waxing again in the morning.

But I could be talked into a few beers I think. As for food.... I eat anything! :thumbsup:

Should we bring two way radios? I will have my cell phone with me. Maybe cell phones are good enough.

We should PM each person in the group so we can all get each others cell numbers... What ya think??

Sounds good...we should get there early enough on Friday to do some clean up first then go eat..Not sure what is around the area for food but, I figure we can see on the way in and then decide what everyone feels like..or ask the front desk. Also, let me know when all of you make your room reservations..I will be making mine over this weekend.

I will have my cell phone on me also. We can PM cell numbers the week before we leave and confirm times and places to meet. I don't know too much about the 2 way radios myself. I had planned on getting some but, not until next year as this would be the only time this year that I would use them. And the fact that I have spent more money than I have on car parts.. :D If some one wants to pick up some that is great but, I am fine with the cell phone..for now as I am tight on cash..back to back to back out of town events...

95SVTCobraVA
09-02-2004, 09:03 AM
CVMC has recieved your enrty forms and your all set. You should be receiving a conformation letter sometime next week. In this conformation letter you will receive your entry number. This number will be your parking spaces, be sure to bring the letter with you so we can park you in the correct space as soon as you arrive.

Looking forward to seeing you at the show. :thumbsup:

cobra330
09-02-2004, 09:16 AM
Excellent :thumbsup:

So that will cover all of us coming?

95SVTCobraVA
09-02-2004, 10:12 AM
Excellent :thumbsup:

So that will cover all of us coming?

everyone in the package that you sent, yes :thumbsup:

cobra330
09-02-2004, 10:34 AM
everyone in the package that you sent, yes :thumbsup:

Excellent....(que C. Montgomery Burns of the Simpson voice)

Mystic_Cobra
09-04-2004, 09:47 AM
Hey, Tony,

Would it be a big deal if I end up bringing a different Mustang than what I registered? I didn't see anything in the rules about For Sale signs. Are they allowed? Special section?

95SVTCobraVA
09-04-2004, 10:10 AM
Would it be a big deal if I end up bringing a different Mustang than what I registered?

I don't think it will be a big deal at this time but you will need to contact Show Registor Karen Lane 804-748-6889 ASAP and tell her what you want to do.

I didn't see anything in the rules about For Sale signs. Are they allowed? Special section?

We have a Car Corral for Fords that people would like to sell. The prices are as follows; Car Corral Pre Sept. 1, 2004: $10.00 Car Corral: $15.00

Hope this helps

cobra330
09-05-2004, 10:03 PM
Jimmy/Tony

Jimmy you should be covered as I sent a check for $15.00 for the other registration which is the same amount you need for car corral on the day of the show..so money wise your good.

Sounds like were going to see the 66..eh?

newton1959
09-07-2004, 08:48 PM
hi eveyone,

i made our reservation @ the holiday inn yesterday. when i mentioned the show they didn't offer any discount and wanted to charge me 87.00 . i booked the room with sams club travel instead and still got it for 70.17 so that was ok. my husband and i are leaving sometime after 12:00 noon on friday. he wants to work 1/2 a day so he doesn't mess up his overtime. he's bringing the lightning! he can still register it at the show can't he? we have a digital camera also. if you send out your cell phone numbers, please email me at newton1959@comcast.net and i will send you mine so that we can keep in contact. we have 2 way radios too. only 2 and they're only good for a 6 mile radius but i'll be sure to bring them. if you are having trouble with batteries for your digital cameras ,get the rechargable kind of batts. ours drinks batteries like a kid drinks kool-aid. it will help if you take the batteries out when your not using the camera, even between shots, because the camera will heat up the batteries and drain the charge out of them. if you notice when you go to change them, right after you use them they are warm to the touch. that's enough of cameras 101 tonight. talk to you soon. angie

95SVTCobraVA
09-07-2004, 09:10 PM
I want to apologize for the mix up Newton1959. I have called the person in charge of contacting the hotel to strighten things out tomorrow (9/8/04). Mention the show again the next time you talk to them.

Again I apologize for the problem.

cobra330
09-08-2004, 08:12 AM
Angie

Sorry to hear about that hotel. To be honest with you I went on like to check out the hotel rooms and surroundings...I found a room for $65.00 on line so, I just went ahead and did that on line. It sounds like you get a room for basically the same rate...and Tony Hall (95SVTCobraVA) made a call..so, it looks like if you mention the club when you show up you could get the rate.

So..we will basically meet up with you at the hotel on Friday afternoon and then talk about dinner! :thumbsup:

We will e-mail cell phones later next week....

BigRedMachine
09-09-2004, 09:51 AM
Received my confirmation yesterday (no. 58). :thumbsup: Ready to roll :D

cobra330
09-09-2004, 09:58 AM
Got mine too...Woo Hoo! :thumbsup:

So as far as cell numbers..if you want to PM me your number I can compile a list and then send it back out to everyone via PM.

Time for leaving on Friday...I think we are set but, I will lock that down next week....just to make sure everyone is on the same page.

BigRedMachine
09-09-2004, 10:17 AM
sure, give me a sec and I'll PM ya my number. :)

cobra330
09-09-2004, 10:30 AM
Got it BigRedMachine! Thanks!

Okay...CobraCrazy..and Angie. Actually I will e-mail Angie asking for her's.

cobracrazy
09-10-2004, 04:10 PM
Wow... Work is crazy right now.

But I am the proud owner of four new skins for the Cobra and I got a fresh Inspection sticker so I am now ready to go to Richmond!!!

Oops... Still need to buy a fire extinguisher.

:bounce:

Mystic_Cobra
09-12-2004, 10:03 PM
Thanks for coordinating Mike. You have my cell number. Looks I will be going as of now.

FYI keep an eye on the weather...

cobra330
09-13-2004, 09:11 AM
Hello all!

Well...our event is almost upon us!! Sounds like we are going to have a good time! I wanted to provide a few updates!

1) Cell Phone numbers have been PM'ed to BigRedMachine, CobraCrazy and Newton1959. Jimmy has my cell and I have his. He will met up with us Saturday.

2) Keeping an eye on the weather but, it appears for now we may only get early morning showers...we'll see though. Keeping fingers crossed.

3) We now need to decide exact times and meeting places for Friday. I was thinking of being at the first meeting place at 1PM. Is that okay with everyone? Last we spoke looks like I will meet BigRedMachine at the Dale City exit (Potomac Mills Mall) at the McDonalds. Need to confirm exit number if possible, BigRedMachine. Then we will go and meet Cobracrazy at the Falmouth exit at the McDonalds. Need to confirm exit number if possible, Cobracrazy and how long you think it will take to get there from our first meeting place? Angie will meet us down there at the hotel.

4) Once we get down there and get checked in we can decide on when and where to go to dinner...and then for those of us that want to clean the the cars we can decide when to do that also. Looks like we have one person that may meet us there...with his Cobra also.

5) Things to remember: Camera, Registraton for show, Make Hotel Reservation and cell phone numbers!

Any questions...let me know

cobra330
09-14-2004, 10:01 AM
A couple things...1..as far as I know it is rain or shine on the show..right Tony Hall?

2) Still need to confirm our meet times and places...please let me know Cobracrazy and BigRedMachine as to if what I provided above is correct. Either post here or PM me.

Thanks!

BigRedMachine
09-14-2004, 10:28 AM
Sorry I haven't replied to your message yet, been a stressful week so far. My wife lost her job this week :mad: so were trying to get things straightened out moneywise. Anyway, 1pm is fine with me if I'm the first stop. If not, just let me know.

The exit number for Dale City is 156 off 95 South. When you exit, there will be two lanes turning right and one going straight, bear off to the right, get in the LEFT lane. There will be a sign and arrow pointing to the left that says "Dale City" (right lane will take you to the mall). There is a K-mart and a McD's to the left. I'll have to run into K-mart and get some cleaning supplies for the car before I leave and get some lunch for the road so I can meet you in the McD's parking lot. I'll be the one with the best looking car there :D.

Let me know if that's alright.
R

cobra330
09-14-2004, 10:49 AM
Ryan

Very sorry to hear about your wife losing her job. That does make for a bad week. I apologize for pushing the issue. Hopefully you can work that out...I know that is stressful. If going to the show causes an issue please let me know as I realize you have more important things to deal with currently.

If you are still going then we can meet at the McD's at 1PM. I will probably be eating or if I get there way early I will eat and then clean on the car a bit. Hope to see you there!

Okay...cobracrazy...where you at?

BigRedMachine
09-14-2004, 11:03 AM
I'm definitely going. She might meet us there on Saturday though since she has an interview on Friday to go to. So I will meet you in the parking lot at 1. Sounds great to me.:) It will give me enough time to was my car in the morning and get irritated when it rains the rest of the day.:rotf:

cobra330
09-14-2004, 11:04 AM
Excellent...see you there at 1!

Now if we can just get cobracrazy to reply...You out there?

cobracrazy
09-14-2004, 01:49 PM
I will meet you guys at 1:30 at the Falmouth McDonalds.

It should take you guys about 30-40 minutes to get there from Springfield.

If you will be later, simply call me. I should be leaving the house around 12:30 cause it will take me about 1 hour to get to Falmouth. I can't remember the exit number but you can't miss it. It is the North most exit for Fredericksburg and it should be marked as Route 17 Exit as well.

cobra330
09-14-2004, 02:24 PM
I will meet you guys at 1:30 at the Falmouth McDonalds.

It should take you guys about 30-40 minutes to get there from Springfield.

If you will be later, simply call me. I should be leaving the house around 12:30 cause it will take me about 1 hour to get to Falmouth. I can't remember the exit number but you can't miss it. It is the North most exit for Fredericksburg and it should be marked as Route 17 Exit as well.

Sounds good. I take it Springfield/Dale City..same thing, right? We probably will be later but, I don't think much more than 2PM. I will call though if it looks like we won't make the 1:30.

Looking forward to it! :thumbsup:

BigRedMachine
09-14-2004, 03:03 PM
Springfield is about 15-20 minutes away from Dale City so we should make it there right around 1:30, of course it all depends on the traffic and weather for Friday.

cobra330
09-15-2004, 10:56 AM
Okay..I have our banner for the show...and as discussed previously Tony Hall I will come see you to discuss how we can display it.

Also, I have some packets with information on SCMC...such as why join?, history of SCMC and a application! Hopefully we can sign a few people up!

Anything anyone can think of that I have missed...please let me know!

Looking forward to meeting everyone! :bounce: :rotf: :D

cobracrazy
09-15-2004, 01:27 PM
Is everyone going if the weather stays crappy?
I got a lot of stuff I am missing for this show I am not sure the trade off is there if it is going to "wet stuff" the whole trip. !@#$ weather :mad:

Will the show go on if it is raining?

cobra330
09-15-2004, 01:52 PM
I believe it is a rain or shine...unless there is the potential for flooding. Tony Hall can answer that one for us...Tony? I don't see anything on the website with a rain date. Basically I will be there unless the weather is just way to bad...which would be flooding and or high winds...or extremely heavy rain fall. If you decide..due to weather that you do not wish to go down..I understand....just let me know so, we change the plans accordingly. I want everyone to go but, your right.... :bs: weather!

cobracrazy
09-15-2004, 03:38 PM
If I do get "rained out" it would be the second event that I missed meeting you due to rain.

We were going to hook up at the Carlisle show... That was a downpoor!!

cobra330
09-15-2004, 03:57 PM
That's right...I had forgotten about that. I was at Carlisle and had a blast since it was my first one but, it was wet...real wet!! I did walk that whole show though...I was not real impressed with the vendors. Not alot of good vendors for parts..or I missed them. I will be at Carlisle next year for sure. I already have plans with the people that I was with last year...hopefully you can come to that too.

BudMan
09-15-2004, 08:36 PM
Just figured the forum out and set myself up tonight so I hope this works!!! I've had email conversations with Mike several times and plan to join you guys on Saturday (spot #55). The weather forcast doesn't look good but who knows it may be really nice. We lost over 2,000 vehicles during a 4-6 hour rain storm the other week but the hotel and where the show is at is pretty high ground so everyone should be okay.........how often do you get 12-14 inches of rain at one time. Mike gave me some cell #'s so I try to contact you guys Friday night if I can get away from work in time. Later, Jerry Duffey

95SVTCobraVA
09-15-2004, 08:59 PM
CVMC is sorry to announce that the 20th Annual Mustang & Ford Show has been postponed until October 9th. :(

Due to the possibility of Heavy Rain, High Winds, Flash Flooding and Tornados from Hurricane Ivan we felt it was wise to postpone the show until October 9th. :(

CVMC apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause. We hope to see you at our Show in October!

Tony Hall
President CVMC

cobra330
09-16-2004, 08:24 AM
Just figured the forum out and set myself up tonight so I hope this works!!! I've had email conversations with Mike several times and plan to join you guys on Saturday (spot #55). The weather forcast doesn't look good but who knows it may be really nice. We lost over 2,000 vehicles during a 4-6 hour rain storm the other week but the hotel and where the show is at is pretty high ground so everyone should be okay.........how often do you get 12-14 inches of rain at one time. Mike gave me some cell #'s so I try to contact you guys Friday night if I can get away from work in time. Later, Jerry Duffey

Jerry

Nice to see you on the forums...unfortunately..the show has been postponed until October 9th. Let me know if you can make it then...we will regroup if possible.

Thanks!

BigRedMachine
09-16-2004, 09:19 AM
Just read the news. :( Maybe the 9th will be a better weather weekend. I'm cool with regrouping then and going down together. I'm still taking tomorrow off from work (don't tell anyone though ;) )

cobra330
09-16-2004, 09:32 AM
Sounds good to me about the regroup. We will get back together the week before to go over all the stuff again.

I canceled my day off but, you go ahead..I won't tell!

cobra330
09-21-2004, 08:28 AM
Okay...so, the revised date is October the 9th...who is in? Need to know so, we can plan again. So far I think BigRedMachine is in...cobracrazy I believe has a schedule conflict. Newton1959....you in?

cobracrazy
09-21-2004, 11:57 AM
Yeah... I got a conflict on Oct 9. I will be riding my bicycle in a 100 mile ride on that day. My ASP will be hurting by the time that is over.

I think that NVMC has a show on Sunday Oct 10 as well. I will try to make that one.

cobra330
09-21-2004, 12:00 PM
cobracrazy...sounds like fun on the bike...Hopefully you won't be hurting too bad...so, we can head out to the NVMC show on Sunday! Let me know what you decide...or call me Saturday the 9th after you get off the bike and let me know if you still feel like it! :D

cobra330
09-29-2004, 10:13 AM
Due to unforseen circumstances with my job I will not be able to attend the show Oct9th for the CVMC. I have e-mailed those that were going from the Northern VA, DE. area. I apologize for some what last minute notice. I look forward to us getting together as a group, if not this year, early next year to start 2005 off with a bang for the MidAtlantic area!

95SVTCobraVA
10-05-2004, 05:07 PM
Im sorry to hear that you will not make it Mike. I understand that changing the date will mess up other plans for people.

I hope that some of the others will make it down. Looks like great weather! Which is what we hoped for.

I also look forward to hooking up with ya'll at another time :thumbsup:

cobra330
10-05-2004, 10:25 PM
Yeah me to cause it's gonna be nice! I hope the show goes well for you guys...and keep the forum updated as I will head down sometime soon..Gotta show my new 04 Yellow Cobra Vert...And a ride to Richmond might her broke in good! :thumbsup:

BigRedMachine
10-07-2004, 09:41 AM
Well, it looks like I'll be able to make it on Saturday to Richmond. I've changed my hotel plans and I'm staying with my parents in Norfolk and will drive up on Saturday morning. :thumbsup: So if anyone is still going, stop by and say hi, I'll be the one that's driving the Mustang :rotf: .

cobra330
10-07-2004, 10:00 AM
As it stands now..you will be the only one from our area...Tony Hall and Jerry Duffey are in Richmond and will be at the show. They are CVMC and SCMC members.

Sorry I can't go..it looks like it will be beautiful weather.

On another note we really need to get everyone together for a meet/greet/mini car show to give out the award I have for the SCMC. I will be opening this up to the forum..and sending out an e-mail to the MD/VA/DC/DE area. Let's do something to meet...and discuss what we can do in 2005!!! :thumbsup: