PDA

View Full Version : DynaBat Battery

cobra330
07-25-2004, 10:28 PM
Anybody use the Dynabat Battery? I want to go to that since it is smaller and less weight. Does it just drop right in? Are there any modifications have to make to the car? I have a 98 Cobra...let me know.

smashedheadcat
07-27-2004, 12:08 AM
Ken Burt had one. It's basically a drag racing battery, he had no problems with it, but I wouldn't want to have to push start my car in the morning if I let the car sit for a few days. It may hold up just fine. But I've got no expirience with them.

Josh

stylin99
07-27-2004, 02:18 PM
I've been using one for a few months now. No problems yet. Mine's mounted in the trunk in a stainless steel box so the location would be different. But you should get the special bracket that comes with the dyna-batt to mount it. :D

tnturbo
07-27-2004, 02:55 PM
I run a Hawker, same thing but cheaper, PC-680 also available as a PC-680-MJ for a little more. No problems on my 96 other than having to fabricate a hold down so it could pass tech at the track. It has plenty of cranking amps, but very little reserve capacity. In other words don't leave the lights on or listen to the radio much without the engine running. I would suggest buying the automotive terminals as well http://www.batterymart.com/battery.mv?p=ODY-PC680

flynfink
07-27-2004, 03:17 PM
Run an optima, no leaks. plenty of power

stylin99
07-27-2004, 05:32 PM
Run an optima, no leaks. plenty of power
But a Dyna-Batt is only 14 lbs. :D

GUMBALL
07-27-2004, 05:47 PM
If weight is that much of an issue, you could try a booster battery with a quick-disconnect plug. That way you have a big battery for starting. ;)

Mystic_Cobra
07-29-2004, 09:03 PM
I went with the Hawker Odyssey from battery mart. It is fine as long as you don't leave the car sitting too long. How long is too long? Depends on the temp. In the winter in NOVA, I had to drive the car every day or charge it when the temp was below 32 at night. In the summer, it will last about a week without needing a charge. I'd say it would be fine for a daily driver south of the mason-dixon OR plan on charging or jumping it often.

cobra330
07-29-2004, 10:15 PM
Looks like a regular battery for me...I would be charging it all the time as my car sits in a garage most of the week..who I am kidding the whole week. I'll just buy that one from you Jimmy :D ....I will reduce weight other places. :thumbsup: