PDA

View Full Version : SCMC Dragon Run IV Information

cobrabitn
07-27-2004, 11:03 PM
All,

We have the hotel information for the Fall Dragon Run. Jeff or Rick will post the cabin information when they have that confirmed. We want you to know that we try to find the best accommodations at the most competitive prices.

The hotel the majority of the club will be staying at this year is the Clarion at Willow Run. The hotel is located on the edge of Pigeon Forge in Sevierville, TN. Now, of course you have the option to stay wherever you chose. The club has blocked off their last 40 rooms for this event.

There are just too many amenities to list but here are a few:

Standard Room- $135.88
AAA Discount - $122.25
SVT Cobra Club Rate - $115.50 flat rate for standard room.

All rooms have double Queen size beds with a sitting area, a hideaway bed from the couch, continental breakfast. Heated pool 24/7, security, maid service, all rooms have balconies and interior corridors.

Information on rooms can be found here:

http://www3.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/html/HotelInfoServices?hotel=TN008&sid=avwyg.2tNOGlPGzg.3&sarea=19735&sname=Sevierville&slat=35.86805725097656&slon=-83.56194305419922&sstate=TN&scountry=US&sradius=40.22&schain=R&scity=Sevierville&sort=

Property Details:
Return to Southern traditions and revel in the splendor of old plantation comfort at 7 Time Gold Award Winner. Private balconies with mountain or river views. 24-hour indoor pool. Breathtaking scenery and unsurpassed southern hospitality. Great Smoky Mountains, attractions, shopping and Smokies Baseball Stadium within minutes. Complimentary Deluxe Continental Breakfast. INN OF THE YEAR 2000

Basic Information:

Hotel Name: Clarion-Willow Run
Phone Number: (865) 429-7600
Contact Person: Kristy Casteel
Group Number: 1748
Group Name: SVT Cobra Club (You must mention this to get the group rate)
Rate: $115.50 flat rate for any type room
Dates: October 22-23, 2004
Cancellation Date: If you cancel, you must cancel before September 22, 2004
Date Rooms will be released to the general public: September 22, 2004

For questions about the hotel, you can e-mail me direct.

For questions about getting a cabin contact Jeff or Rick at flynfink@carolina.rr.com or hazman@chartertn.net respectively.

See you there! See attached picture to see what the hotel looks like:

Hazman
08-12-2004, 08:20 AM
Do we have a design or anything for the Dragon Run IV shirts?

If not then I would like to suggest we go with something similar to last year and use the new design Tail of the Dragon just came out with. If is a very cool graphic of a knight and his stead (car) battling the Dragon. Take a look and see what you think folks.
http://www.tailofthedragon.com/shop/shop_shortsleevet.html
It is the first shirt shown. I was thinking we would have our club logo with Dragon Run IV under it on the front instead of the Deal's Gap tha Dragon Slayer graphic that they use.

Thoughts?

Big Daddy
08-12-2004, 10:25 AM
That design looks really great. I'm wondering if we can replace the car with a Cobra??? Then it would be perfect! :thumbsup:

beerkat
08-12-2004, 11:22 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_146_21.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001)

97whitevert
08-12-2004, 04:54 PM
great idea!

Greg- I don't think they wll cahnge the car for us...

Black Snake
08-16-2004, 12:03 PM
Hmmm, I see they gave us the extra special discount rate. I just reserved my room on-line (AAA rate) for $108. I am a Choice rewards member but they usually don't give price discounts for that. :thumbsup:

BTW, my parents will be joining us this year. We are planning on meeting in Asheville (Friday) as usual. They don't own a Mustang but they have a nice 03 Miata.

I have those days marked off on the calendar here at work and I've already told my boss that I WILL NOT be at work. :mad:

flynfink
08-16-2004, 03:05 PM
I'd really like Pat M. to do the shirts. Cheryl is supposed to be working on this...Pat/Cheryl??

97whitevert
08-16-2004, 04:24 PM
I'd really like Pat M. to do the shirts. Cheryl is supposed to be working on this...Pat/Cheryl??
a most splendiforous idea!!! :thumbsup: Pat does outstanding quality!

cobrabitn
08-16-2004, 10:28 PM
Feel free to renegotiate the room rate. ;)

beerkat
08-17-2004, 11:09 AM
Made my reservation this morning. The rate for Thursday night is only $87.90. Looking forward to the AX on Friday and the Dragon on Saturday.:bounce:

Pat doing the shirts sounds great to me.:thumbsup:

cobrabitn
08-17-2004, 10:42 PM
Rob,

On the day I called the hotel, the AAA rate was exactly what is quoted and we did it on the Internet. If they changed it then I guess you got lucky. I called last night and made my reservations and didn't tell them I was with a group and they quoted me the $135.88 rate. I then got the $115.50 rate when I said I was with the group.

I also noticed on the website it says "shower only" so if you are the type that likes to take a bath then it may not suit you. I can only go with what is available at the time. It's better to reserve at a little more and have the rooms blocked then to wait to the last minute and be scrambling around looking for a place to stay.

So.... with that out of the way....who is up to going to the Comedy Barn on Saturday night?

:)

redsnake99
08-17-2004, 10:56 PM
Comedy Barn.....only if Thomas Bramblett is going.

:D

scocher
09-13-2004, 07:58 PM
Hey, I am still alive :D Pat and I have communicated about the shirts. We don't have a design, yet. I have been totally swamped with a new job and other problems. If everyone likes the shirt Hazman suggested, I'll check with Pat and see what we can do. I thought about "Snakes vs. the Dragon" with a cobra in one corner and a dragon in the other. Time is running out so we will take care of this soon. It doesn't look like I'll be able to make it :( :(

Hazman
09-13-2004, 09:31 PM
Cheryl/Pat/Jeff
Can we have the shirts ready in time to hand out Oct. 23rd for the Dragon Run? I have not ordered any shirts or committed to an order as of yet. I only started the thread on the shirts because I had not seen any info and wanted to make sure we had a shirt for the run. What do you folks want to do????????

scocher
09-13-2004, 11:04 PM
Cheryl/Pat/Jeff
Can we have the shirts ready in time to hand out Oct. 23rd for the Dragon Run? I have not ordered any shirts or committed to an order as of yet. I only started the thread on the shirts because I had not seen any info and wanted to make sure we had a shirt for the run. What do you folks want to do????????

Pat informed me several weeks ago that he only needs two and a half weeks. I figure 3 will be a safe bet as long as the shirts are shipped to someone who will be at the Dragon Run. I emailed Pat again tonight to get the ball rolling. I gave him the info about your suggestion. I'll probably hear from him tomorrow. I'll let you know what we come up with. I like your idea, by the way. :thumbsup:

scocher
09-15-2004, 11:35 PM
Hey, Hazman, didn't you get my PM?? Anyway, I haven't heard from Pat. I sent him two emails recently. He probably hasn't had a chance to check his email. The other times he responded immediately. Anyway, it seems like everyone likes the shirt you found. As long as Pat doesn't have a problem with it, I say "go for it." :D I appreciate your initiative. My initiative is tired right now from the new job and various other things going on here. Keep all the hurricane victims in your prayers! Scott's family is in Ft. Walton beach about a mile from the water - at least they WERE a mile from the water :doubt:

Anyway, they say we're probably going to lose power here for several days up to a week, so I will be out of touch. Unless you hear something from Pat, please continue with your plan and THANKS! We're really gonna miss the Dragon this time :bawling: I'm so glad we got to do it at the fifth :thumbsup: