PDA

View Full Version : Possible 2nd cobra

sssvtcobra
07-28-2004, 07:26 PM
I thought I would ask you experts about a car's price before I get to serious. There is a black on black '98 cobra coupe for sale that I am kind of interested in. It has 75K, leather, and I think it is bone stock. It might have a flowmaster catback on it, but not sure. They are asking 13,500. This is a private party and not on a lot. The exterior isn't great, but pretty good for a '98. The interior looks to be in good shape, besides the obvious signs of wear on the leather seats. I classified it as good and fair on kelley blue book and it came up with 12,065 and 10,950. I was thinking about offering 11,000 and see if he takes it. What do you guy's and gal's think.

Thanks
Jeff

cobrabitn
07-28-2004, 10:33 PM
I think your offer is fair but I would check the car out thoroughly before I bought it. With 75K on the odometer you want to make sure everything is A Okay with it. Also, do a "carfax" on it. People say doing that is a waste of time, but I strongly disagree as it will tell you more about the car then what you presently know. Also, ask where the car was purchased and see if they will pull up a work record or history on it and this will help you to make a better educated offer or decision.

HTH

Tony

tcrews
07-29-2004, 12:17 AM
I think your offer is fair but I would check the car out thoroughly before I bought it. With 75K on the odometer you want to make sure everything is A Okay with it. Also, do a "carfax" on it. People say doing that is a waste of time, but I strongly disagree as it will tell you more about the car then what you presently know. Also, ask where the car was purchased and see if they will pull up a work record or history on it and this will help you to make a better educated offer or decision.

HTH

Tony

Carfax "may" show you something or it may not. I ran a carfax on my car that was in a wreck (because I was driving it when the wreck occured) and it never showed up on the carfax report. It also showed I never had the parking brake recall done but I had it performed when it was still a TSB and not a recall. Use it...but don't rely on it, take whatever it reports with a grain of salt.