PDA

View Full Version : Snowshoe Hillclimb is a GO!

wildhorsesracin
07-29-2004, 12:20 PM
Snowshoe Mountain Hillclimb is a GO! for Sept 4-5, 2004!

It is a high speed dash up the mountain for prizes totalling $5,000 courtesy of Budweiser and Snowshoe Mountain Resorts. You can sign up here:

www.NASA-Southeast.com
or
www.SnowShoeHillClimb.com

This is open to ALL vehicles with rollover protection, and the classes will follow the NASA-X classification scheme. For more details check the websites!

b_tone
07-30-2004, 01:40 PM
Jim, is this sanctioned by NASA or someone else? Also, do you have any details on how the payouts/prizes are going to be awarded? I have looked to your links for that info but I either missed it or its not there. Can you point me in the right direction?

Also, can you explain how the classses will be structured a little bit better?

Thanks.

BPT

wildhorsesracin
07-30-2004, 03:12 PM
Snowshoe Mtn is developing the site - keep watching
www.SnowShoeHillclimb.com and www.NASA-Southeast.com
for more details

b_tone
07-30-2004, 03:23 PM
I am confused now but I will keep an eye on the website hoping they post the answers to my questions.

Have a great weekend.

BPT

wildhorsesracin
07-30-2004, 04:18 PM
You can get an idea of what it will be like by going here:

www.BlueRidgeHillclimb.org

We put that together last year (and this year) and are modelling everything after it.

b_tone
08-05-2004, 09:50 AM
Jim, do you have the details yet?

wildhorsesracin
08-05-2004, 10:06 AM
Here is what we have so far:

$1000 - "King of the Hill" - Fastest Vehicle up the mountain
$4000 - to be split amongst the classes based on # of vehicles - so I cannot tell you exactly what will the payout be until closer to the event. (ie. if we get only 5 cars everyone is going home with a pocket full of $$$)

FYI - We are limiting the # of entries to make this a fun and exciting event for the racers AND the spectators.

There are also a bunch of other 'goodies' that will be raffled off like we do at all of our events, so the chances are VERY good that every racer is going home with a nice prize worth MORE than what they paid for in entry fee. :thumbsup:

I didn't think you were coming Brian, I thought you were busy that weekend?

b_tone
08-05-2004, 02:41 PM
I didn't think you were coming Brian, I thought you were busy that weekend?

That is the beauty of having a team, I can go to one, he can go to the other.

Is this a NASA sponsored deal or a private 'run up the mountain' kind of event. Also can you explain the classes a little bit more?

Thanks!

mwilson7
08-05-2004, 04:07 PM
I'm confused...... I went to the rules page at http://www.blueridgehillclimb.org/rules.shtml and it says it is an SCCA sanctioned event. Is NASA co-sponsoring it? It also says an SCCA license is required. Is that true?

Does look cool though!

wreckm
08-06-2004, 08:42 AM
I'm confused...... I went to the rules page at http://www.blueridgehillclimb.org/rules.shtml and it says it is an SCCA sanctioned event. Is NASA co-sponsoring it? It also says an SCCA license is required. Is that true?

Does look cool though!going to be very fast! Went several weeks ago with a friend with a stockcar and drove the course about 10 times with the camera on. Lower section is tight and curvy but the upper is very steep with some long stretches and wide hairpins! We got over 100mph several times in his t-bird! He will be running while we are at VIR! It is only 45 minutes away from us!

mwilson7
08-06-2004, 10:59 AM
going to be very fast! Went several weeks ago with a friend with a stockcar and drove the course about 10 times with the camera on. Lower section is tight and curvy but the upper is very steep with some long stretches and wide hairpins! We got over 100mph several times in his t-bird! He will be running while we are at VIR! It is only 45 minutes away from us!

Thanks for answering my questions.

wreckm
08-07-2004, 09:31 AM
Hey Mark, It looks like the course will be only the top part.I went to the website and checked.It will be steep,wide and fast but short.You will need a tall gear! If you need in-car just call and I will go run the course again! Jay

wildhorsesracin
08-07-2004, 10:27 PM
You are correct, the course is sweet, starts at the bottom and finish is near the top (1.50-1.75 miles) some fast straights and nice curves/switchbacks. I am headed up there tomorrow to take pictures of the course and possibly a video.

Mark you are correct - the Blue Ridge Hillclimb is an SCCA sanctioned event but you'll notice it is sponsored by NASA-SE:
http://www.blueridgehillclimb.org/sponsors.shtml

I helped Mark Mashburn & crew put that hillclimb together two (2) years ago and we are working together to put this one together. I would've helped this year -2004 - but we had an event the same weekend ! :eek:

I have some great in-car video from past hillclimbs I have been in, it is definitely a tremendous amount of fun! :thumbsup:

mwilson7
08-09-2004, 07:06 PM
So would we need to have an SCCA license or would a NASA license be ok?

wildhorsesracin
08-09-2004, 10:51 PM
Which event are you trying to enter Snowshoe or Blueridge Hillclimb?

Mark: Aren't you busy that weekend?

FYI - took some pics and video of Snowshoe today - it's gonna be AWESOME! :thumbsup: I might need to rent a car for this one :bounce:

mwilson7
08-10-2004, 09:28 AM
Which event are you trying to enter Snowshoe or Blueridge Hillclimb?

Mark: Aren't you busy that weekend?

FYI - took some pics and video of Snowshoe today - it's gonna be AWESOME! :thumbsup: I might need to rent a car for this one :bounce:

As you've been told already. Brian and I have two cars and can go two places.

I'm just trying to figure out what the hell you are advertising here. I've done hill climbs in the past up in Maine and enjoyed them quite a bit.

wildhorsesracin
08-10-2004, 10:26 AM
As you've been told already. Brian and I have two cars and can go two places.

I'm just trying to figure out what the hell you are advertising here. I've done hill climbs in the past up in Maine and enjoyed them quite a bit.

Sorry Mark, I thought since you and brian were the authors of www.av8ss.com that you would actually go to your own event.

wildhorsesracin
08-10-2004, 10:33 AM
I met with the folks at Snowshoe yesterday and everything is going to be awesome, they are blocking off the streets of Snowshoe village and the cars will be on display for the block party friday nite and they expect 8,000-10,000 spectators from the surrounding area! :eek:

We stopped along rt 219 about 45 miles to the south to get gas and the attendant recognized the NASA hats and was all excited about the racecars running up the mountain! :thumbsup:

wreckm
08-10-2004, 01:23 PM
I met with the folks at Snowshoe yesterday and everything is going to be awesome, they are blocking off the streets of Snowshoe village and the cars will be on display for the block party friday nite and they expect 8,000-10,000 spectators from the surrounding area! :eek:

We stopped along rt 219 about 45 miles to the south to get gas and the attendant recognized the NASA hats and was all excited about the racecars running up the mountain! :thumbsup:That is B.S. as you already know that is almost where I live!! There is not that many people in the whole county. Up there people think nasa means space! It sounds like a great race and I wish I could be there, but don't make it more than what it is!!!

wildhorsesracin
08-10-2004, 01:40 PM
You live up there?!?! Do you read the local paper? (DON'T make me ask if you can read ;) j/k )

It was in the local paper for the county - we asked the people how they heard of us and they simply handed the local paper* to us...

"Mountain Times"
"Serving Snowshoe Mountain, Slaty Fork, Green Bank, Cass and tourism throughout Pocahontas County"

So maybe, just maybe, this event is going to be AWESOME!

*I have a copy - read about the hillclimb myself - gave me goosebumps - did mention it's going to be awesome? :thumbsup:

b_tone
08-10-2004, 01:57 PM
Here is an obvious question:

Why is NASA-SE sponsoring an SCCA sanctioned event? That is like Pepsi sponsoring the Coca-Cola 600.

Does this seem odd to anyone else?

wildhorsesracin
08-10-2004, 02:14 PM
3 words:

"Racers Helping Racers"
Why be prejudiced? One big happy family in the SE.

All of the people who put together the Blue Ridge Hillclimb are helping put together the Snowshoe hillclimb, they are all die hard hillclimbers and don't really care about politics.

PS. Pepsi sponsors a car in the Coca-Cola 600 does it not? Is that illegal? :eek:

b_tone
08-10-2004, 03:20 PM
3 words:

"Racers Helping Racers"

All of the people who put together the Blue Ridge Hillclimb are helping put together the Snowshoe hillclimb, they are all die hard hillclimbers and don't really care about politics.

PS. Pepsi sponsors a car in the Coca-Cola 600 does it not? Is that illegal? :eek:

Perhaps the nascar anaology was a poor choice. Here is a better one.

This is like having the ALMS Petit LeMans race at Road Atlanta brought to you by Grand American Road Racing.

So when do the breakdowns of the prize money come out?

wildhorsesracin
08-10-2004, 03:27 PM
How much is your take from the entrance fees?

I know you'll question this extensively - $0 :thumbsup:

We have a common bond in hillclimbing, we love to race uphill with adrenaline flowing.

Also, didn't you chastise Pearson for posting the ***** stuff on the email lists?

Am I overposting? I apologize, I thought I was just answering questions -?

wildhorsesracin
08-10-2004, 03:49 PM
So when do the breakdowns of the prize money come out?

We decided yesterday:
$1k to the fastest car up the hill
$4k to be split amongst the various classes based on participation levels of the classes

wreckm
08-10-2004, 05:49 PM
Yes I can read but I also will stake the farm you dont get 1000 people.What I am saying is that in a county with that few people and being that remote without being near any large cities that your guesstimate on fans is WAY off! It would look like Lance in the Tour de France climbing the mountains with all the people in the road because there is knowhere else for them to stand on that stretch of road!! Just curious also to the payoff, is this the largest in nasa history?

wildhorsesracin
08-10-2004, 06:02 PM
Those estimates aren't mine, they are from the folks there. They have about 8-10,000 people coming in this weekend for the International Bowhunters Organization conference and they indicated that 1/2 were local spectators. They thought that a motorsports event might attract more.

We set aside huge areas on the roadside yesterday for people to get an awesome birdseye view of some of the 'trickier' corners -

Don't know about the payoff, but we had $5k at the Blue Ridge Hillclimb in it's inaugural year as well...

Did I mention that it is going to be AWESOME!

(I apologize the trip yesterday got me a little excited! woohoo!)

mwilson7
08-10-2004, 08:03 PM
First you post:

Sorry Mark, I thought since you and brian were the authors of www.av8ss.com that you would actually go to your own event.

Then you post:

"Racers Helping Racers"

So YOU can run an event that combines SCCA and NASA but we can't help with a race run by AV8SS. Can you explain the difference between the two?

Replace the word hillclimbers with AI/X racers and you have figured out the idea behind AV8SS.

Jim - Lastly, posting on the midwest AI list would be considered in poor taste as everyone is already planning to be at the NASA AI race at Beaverun. (well except me and Brian).

wildhorsesracin
08-10-2004, 09:26 PM
You sure like to take things out of context and pick it all apart! :doubt:
(I'll see if I can do the same!) :thumbsup:

So YOU can run an event that combines SCCA and NASA but we can't help with a race run by A**SS. Can you explain the difference between the two?

Replace the word hillclimbers with AI/X racers and you have figured out the idea behind A**SS.

That's easy! Blueridge Hillclimb was started by a group of friends that wanted to race up a hill (actually over a few beers at a friend's motel in the mountains - www.StationsInn.com). At the time, the only sanctioning body that was interested in sanctioning the race was SCCA. Since then I have assumed the post of SE Regional Director, and as a courtesy my friends allowed me to help out with the website and various other duties in return for putting NASA-SE's logo on the website. They ran into difficulties getting SCCA to sanction it this year and as a NASA official I offered to help, in the end SCCA came thru, I stepped down and I backed them 100% and continued to support them in the event as much as I could. :thumbsup:

That's why when I worked with Snowshoe to put together this hillclimb (and we have another hillclimb in the works in TN...not sure if SCCA or NASA) my hillclimb friends jumped on board and have been a tremendous help getting this all together. What it boils down to is that I have a great group of friends that love to race together and we overlook petty differences, we all pitch in and get the job done without b*tching or tearing down other race series to get entrants. :thumbsup:

I don't see the parallelism with A**SS, if that were the case then why doesn't A**SS run with SCCA ??? I still attend SCCA, BMWCCA, MCA and PCA events and have lots of fun & friends at each venue. Just came back from an awesome event at Barber with AL/BMWCCA, nice track, great group.

Jim - Lastly, posting on the midwest AI list would be considered in poor taste as everyone is already planning to be at the NASA AI race at Beaverun.

I truly apologize for that oversight, I did not think to check the OH/IN schedule before posting that! My mistake.

(well except me and Brian).

Sooooo... when are you two kids running off to San Francisco to get married? :D

(sorry, just trying to interject a little humor)

mwilson7
08-10-2004, 10:37 PM
What it boils down to is that I have a great group of friends that love to race together and we overlook petty differences, we all pitch in and get the job done without b*tching or tearing down other race series to get entrants. :thumbsup:

Well there's a change from the norm :rolleyes:

I don't see the parallelism with A**SS, if that were the case then why doesn't A**SS run with SCCA ??? I still attend SCCA, BMWCCA, MCA and PCA events and have lots of fun & friends at each venue. Just came back from an awesome event at Barber with AL/BMWCCA, nice track, great group.

Jim - I REALLY have to ask.... Why can't you actually type out AV8SS? That has got to be one of the most childish things I have ever seen someone do on this board.

I appreciate your explanation of how the hill climb thing went down. If you would have been up front and posted that to begin with you would have answered A LOT of questions.

Last question on this subject and then it can die.

Do you need a NASA or SCCA license to run this event or doesn't it matter?

wildhorsesracin
08-10-2004, 10:53 PM
Do you need a NASA or SCCA license to run this event or doesn't it matter?

Currently NASA recognizes race licenses from many organizations, PCA, BMWCCA, SCCA, etc. so if you have a license from any other organization we will let you transfer it to a NASA license.

For the Hillclimb we are asking for race licenses or HPDE experience.

Why can't you actually type out A**SS??

Not sure why, whenever I try to type it the software censors seem to change it - like the word b*tch...?

b_tone
08-11-2004, 09:02 AM
[QUOTE=wildhorsesracin]Currently NASA recognizes race licenses from many organizations, PCA, BMWCCA, SCCA, etc. so if you have a license from any other organization we will let you transfer it to a NASA license.

For the Hillclimb we are asking for race licenses or HPDE experience.
QUOTE]

That is fine if NASA was the sanctioning body but you have stated that the SCCA is the sanctioning body. To my understanding they will not let you run on a non SCCA license (up here at least). So is NASA or SCCA sanctioning the event. It would be a shame to drive all that way to be turned back on a technicality.

BPT

justagt
08-11-2004, 09:50 AM
Not sure why, whenever I try to type it the software censors seem to change it - like the word b*tch...?

AV8SS.

Hmm, mine is working.

Jim,
You comment about not tearing down other race series isn't quite correct. You and other NASA types have made it clear that you as a whole are too happy with the startup of AV8SS ( damn, there it is again) and that is understandable. If it was my business and racers that put money in my pocket were going elsewhere, it would bother me too. Of course, I would have listened to racers' concerns and NOT said 'If you don't like it, go race elsewhere'. Now, with that said, I know SE is in its first year and wasn't really responsible for the happenings of last year. But with you having been a racer just last year, I kind of expected you to kind of take a little bit higher road than you have. You know good and well that you have bashed the whole AV8SS idea, along with others in similar positions. I didn't expect that from a guy who just said 'Why be prejudiced?' and 'don't really care about politics'. Why is it ok with NASA to race with other series, such as SCCA, just as long as it isn't AV8SS? Sorry if feelings got hurt because a lot of people left AI, but hey, suggestions seem to have fallen on deaf ears.

BTW, kudos on doing the hillclimb. You told about them a few years ago when we first met and that is something I definitely want to do. I like that SE does some things a little out of the norm and spices it up.

wildhorsesracin
08-11-2004, 10:09 AM
That is fine if NASA was the sanctioning body but you have stated that the SCCA is the sanctioning body. To my understanding they will not let you run on a non SCCA license (up here at least). So is NASA or SCCA sanctioning the event. It would be a shame to drive all that way to be turned back on a technicality.

BPT

Seems to me you need to go back an re-read my earlier posts - :thumbsup:
You seem to be intelligent enough to figure out who's sanctioning what.

b_tone
08-11-2004, 10:12 AM
Seems to me you need to go back an re-read my earlier posts - :thumbsup:
You seem to be intelligent enough to figure out who's sanctioning what.

That was the basis of my question. You stated earlier that the SCCA was sanctioning this event and that NASA-SE was merely a sponsor. That being the case what has changed with the SCCA National office that will let a non SCCS licensed driver compete in an SCCA Event? Their party line is very clear and strong on this point.

How can a driver with only a NASA lisence enter this event if it's SCCA sanctioned? It is a legitimate question and your post gave nothing close to an answer.

Let's try again. thanks.

wildhorsesracin
08-11-2004, 10:18 AM
A**SS.

Hmm, mine is working.

Jim,
You comment about not tearing down other race series isn't quite correct. You and other NASA types have made it clear that you as a whole are too happy with the startup of A**SS ( damn, there it is again) and that is understandable. If it was my business and racers that put money in my pocket were going elsewhere, it would bother me too. Of course, I would have listened to racers' concerns and NOT said 'If you don't like it, go race elsewhere'. Now, with that said, I know SE is in its first year and wasn't really responsible for the happenings of last year. But with you having been a racer just last year, I kind of expected you to kind of take a little bit higher road than you have. You know good and well that you have bashed the whole A**SS idea, along with others in similar positions. I didn't expect that from a guy who just said 'Why be prejudiced?' and 'don't really care about politics'. Why is it ok with NASA to race with other series, such as SCCA, just as long as it isn't A**SS? Sorry if feelings got hurt because a lot of people left AI, but hey, suggestions seem to have fallen on deaf ears.

BTW, kudos on doing the hillclimb. You told about them a few years ago when we first met and that is something I definitely want to do. I like that SE does some things a little out of the norm and spices it up.

Are you sure that a lot of people have left AI to go to A**SS?

Doesn't look that way to me... :rolleyes:

I believe that most of the people who are not running in AI this year are just short on funding, or like myself, just short on time to put into a car. But you can be assured I am going to make the time this winter to get a car together! :thumbsup: I truly miss it!

wildhorsesracin
08-11-2004, 10:24 AM
That's why when I worked with Snowshoe to put together this hillclimb (and we have another hillclimb in the works in TN...not sure if SCCA or NASA) my hillclimb friends jumped on board and have been a tremendous help getting this all together. What it boils down to is that I have a great group of friends that love to race together and we overlook petty differences, we all pitch in and get the job done without b*tching or tearing down other race series to get entrants. :thumbsup:

Sorry, when I was referencing myself, I should've said NASA-SE. I'll try to be more technically correct in the future, I forget who I am talking to sometimes and assume too much.

(or is it that 2 out of 5 engineers at ford pick every word apart that I say?)

b_tone
08-11-2004, 10:27 AM
Sorry, when I was referencing myself, I should've said NASA-SE. I'll try to be more technically correct in the future, I forget who I am talking to sometimes and assume too much.

(or is it that 2 out of 5 engineers at ford pick every word apart that I say?)

How does that answer my question? You are either evading the question or really dense. I would like to think its the former. Simply answer the question and I will be satisfied.

justagt
08-11-2004, 10:34 AM
Are you sure that a lot of people have left AI to go to AV8SS?

[

yes, I am sure and I too miss it. Nice picture, BTW. Be sure NOT to mention that some in that picture are CMC guys. It still seems to be unclear as to whether or not CMC is part of AI or not. They seem to be allowed to do different things.

Granted, that was a great turnout for the VIR weekend. But don't forget to mention the 2 cars that started the Sunday race at Summit a few weeks ago. Or, how about that single digit car count at CMP this year. And just think how big the fields would be if the ones not racing this year were still showing up. A little communication is all it would take.

Really, Jim, post your pictures and all, but tell the WHOLE story about car counts this year.

Besides, my comment weren't even about car counts. It was about some of the accusations you were making about other race groups 'bashing' AI in order to get car counts and all you want to do is race when you have been doing the exact same thing you are accusing others of. What is the comment about those in glass houses? THAT is why I chimed in on this.

wildhorsesracin
08-11-2004, 10:38 AM
How does that answer my question? You are either evading the question or really dense. I would like to think its the former. Simply answer the question and I will be satisfied.

Seriously Brian, c'mon, now you are getting extremely picky.

If you have any doubts go to - www.NASA-Southeast.com - and sign up!

wildhorsesracin
08-11-2004, 10:51 AM
Really, Jim, post your pictures and all, but tell the WHOLE story about car counts this year.

We have a great turnout this coming weekend and with three regions pulling drivers every other weekend it does thin out the cars, but we have people signing up for the comp school every event, so the car counts, especially in CMC/AI/AIX will be tremendous next year! :thumbsup:

As far as bashing other series, I am pleading a 'b_tone' on that one, "I am not sure what you are talking about?"

Will: Are you racing at VIR on Labor Day?

b_tone
08-11-2004, 10:53 AM
We have a great turnout this coming weekend and with three regions pulling drivers every other weekend it does thin out the cars, but we have people signing up for the comp school every event, so the car counts, especially in CMC/AI/AIX will be tremendous next year! :thumbsup:

As far as bashing other series, I am pleading a 'b_tone' on that one, "I am not sure what you are talking about?"

Jim, I will give you credit for never ceasing to amaze me.

justagt
08-11-2004, 11:00 AM

Hey, I hope you are right, because it seems club racing has taken a beating in the past year. What you said about thinning out cars is VERY true. That is all the more reason to have one AI points series on the east coast. There have been failed attempts to have that happen that have been shot down by other regions. You and I have talked about it and I know you are in favor of it. It would be a great idea if it could happen.

Jim, you and I both know we have discussed 'happenings' in the past year or so and that we don't see eye to eye on some things. We both know that comments about others have been made that weren't correct or fair. BUT you are my friend and will be long after this racing stuff and much of this has been talked about before with no resolve, so I am not going to get into the 'he-said, she-said' stuff again.

Will: Are you racing at VIR on Labor Day?

No, I won't be due to not having a car ( i.e.- funding as you said earlier). I will be there to help though. But if I was able to, I would be racing AV8SS, expecially since NASA didn't take AI, their premier series, to the weekend. I wish the hillclimb was closer to VIR b/c I do want to see that.

justagt
08-11-2004, 11:02 AM
Today must be real slow at work for me, Jim, and BT, huh? :D

wildhorsesracin
08-11-2004, 11:14 AM
Today must be real slow at work for me, Jim, and BT, huh? :D

Anyone who has put together a driving event knows that Wed-Fri before an event is known as 'running around like a head with your chicken cut off days' LOL!

Downloading everything, printing 100's of copies of all the forms for all the people who forget theirs, producing tech stickers, checking race licenses, getting car counts, changing paddock maps, etc.

Slow, not really, email intensive - yes!

Did I mention the Hillclimb is going to be AWESOME?!?! :thumbsup:

justagt
08-11-2004, 11:40 AM
Anyone who has put together a driving event knows that Wed-Fri before an event is known as 'running around like a head with your chicken cut off days' LOL!

Downloading everything, printing 100's of copies of all the forms for all the people who forget theirs, producing tech stickers, checking race licenses, getting car counts, changing paddock maps, etc.

I had forgotten RA was this weekend, so I can imagine you are very busy. I hope the weather is cooler this time around.

wildhorsesracin
08-11-2004, 12:07 PM
It looks like we might actually have gorgeous weather, cooled down a bit 'tween 'canes!

http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atldefault/index_large.html

:thumbsup:

wildhorsesracin
08-11-2004, 01:12 PM
Pictures are up! Here you go...

http://www.nasa-southeast.com/2004Sep04/whatishillclimb.shtml

Did I mention it's gonna be AWESOME!
:bounce:

wildhorsesracin
08-11-2004, 01:14 PM
Where else can you race and get a view like this?

http://www.nasa-southeast.com/2004Sep04/thumbnails/0356200-R1-024-10A_jpg.jpg

wreckm
08-11-2004, 01:49 PM
Hey, I hope you are right, because it seems club racing has taken a beating in the past year. What you said about thinning out cars is VERY true. That is all the more reason to have one AI points series on the east coast. There have been failed attempts to have that happen that have been shot down by other regions. You and I have talked about it and I know you are in favor of it. It would be a great idea if it could happen.

Jim, you and I both know we have discussed 'happenings' in the past year or so and that we don't see eye to eye on some things. We both know that comments about others have been made that weren't correct or fair. BUT you are my friend and will be long after this racing stuff and much of this has been talked about before with no resolve, so I am not going to get into the 'he-said, she-said' stuff again.

No, I won't be due to not having a car ( i.e.- funding as you said earlier). I will be there to help though. But if I was able to, I would be racing AV8SS, expecially since NASA didn't take AI, their premier series, to the weekend. I wish the hillclimb was closer to VIR b/c I do want to see that.
I see at least 4 of the cars in the picture that are already registered at VIR so maybe they were testing for a later race date! It seems that the couple diehard AI drivers have decided not to run on labor day, But I am sure that noone at N**A had anything to do with that! Hey Will give me a call at 540-996-4145day about the use of our extra car for VIR. It would be our pleasure! See folks that is racers helping racers!!!!!!!!!!

justagt
08-11-2004, 02:29 PM
Pictures are up!

That really does look like a lot of fun!

wildhorsesracin
08-11-2004, 02:38 PM
There are three corners like this:

http://www.nasa-southeast.com/2004Sep04/thumbnails/0356200-R1-004-0A_jpg.jpg

wildhorsesracin
08-11-2004, 02:41 PM
Hey Will give me a call at 540-996-4145day about the use of our extra car for .... It would be our pleasure! See folks that is racers helping racers!!!!!!!!!!

There you go Will, give Jay a call and bring the car up to Snowshoe! :thumbsup:

wreckm
08-11-2004, 04:04 PM
There you go Will, give Jay a call and bring the car up to Snowshoe! :thumbsup:Pantass, please don't take this the wrong way but you are definitly a nerd! Everyone has agreed that it will be a good race and if we didn't have prior commitments we would be there! One of our cars WILL be there and will be a contender for king of the hill! He spent all weekend driving it about 50 times!

wreckm
08-11-2004, 04:06 PM
Where else can you race and get a view like this?

http://www.nasa-southeast.com/2004Sep04/thumbnails/0356200-R1-024-10A_jpg.jpg From my house!!

wildhorsesracin
08-11-2004, 05:31 PM
One of our cars WILL be there and will be a contender for king of the hill! He spent all weekend driving it about 50 times!

The driver of this car:

http://www.nasa-southeast.com/2004Sep04/mark.jpg

Will be a serious factor :eek:

- as well as the driver of this car

http://www.nasa-southeast.com/2004Sep04/rich.jpg

- in his new GT1 tube framed car with the same big block engine he had in this one :eek: :eek: :eek:

wreckm
08-11-2004, 11:40 PM
Not one of these but close! He is running a Penske chassis stockcar with a very tall gear just for the hill! I am paying his entryfee so he can take YOUR money!!!!!

wildhorsesracin
08-11-2004, 11:56 PM
Not one of these but close! He is running a Penske chassis stockcar with a very tall gear just for the hill! I am paying his entryfee so he can take YOUR money!!!!!

Sounds awesome! I almost bought a Penske Racing car (Boris Said's) at their clearance auction a month ago! I am headed back to their next auction later this month!

FYI - It's not OUR money, BUDWEISER is giving it to us to give away. :thumbsup: Sure beats overcharging racers just to give them their OWN money back! :eek:

johnbasf
08-12-2004, 06:09 AM
Sure beats overcharging racers just to give them their OWN money back! :eek:

Never mind!!!!!!

mwilson7
08-12-2004, 07:00 AM
Sure beats overcharging racers just to give them their OWN money back! :eek:

I can't believe you just put those words in print.

You have just proven to all of us how naive you really are.

Thank you.

wildhorsesracin
08-12-2004, 09:51 AM
Now I am:
A) confused?!?
B) naive??
C) All of the above

I just look at various race series/events (USTCC, Hooters Cup, Busch, A**SS, NASCAR, GrandAm, Snowshoe Hillclimb, etc) to see how they function, and MOST of them have big name sponsors. :thumbsup:

So where does the 'prize money' come from for the race series that don't have big name sponsors? :rolleyes:

Seems to me that can only get it from one place... :eek:

So if every racer is putting in an extra $175 and the winner(s) take most of it then what is left for the people who are 4th thru 15th? :doubt:

Am I still confused? I guess I am!

wildhorsesracin
08-12-2004, 09:53 AM
Hey all,
Have a good weekend! I am done posting for a while, gotta get ready for the all the racers and drivers we'll have at Road Atlanta this weekend! :cool:

Step away from the computer, enjoy yourselves and have fun! :thumbsup:

b_tone
08-12-2004, 09:56 AM
Hey all,
Have a good weekend! I am done posting for a while, gotta get ready for the all the racers and drivers we'll have at Road Atlanta this weekend! :cool:

Step away from the computer, enjoy yourselves and have fun! :thumbsup:

Just how many AI/X cars are signed up for this weekend?

mwilson7
08-12-2004, 11:37 AM
I believe 40-50. Oh wait...that's next year.......

Guess we'll have to wait for the group shot. Let's see "American Iron" windshield banners on all the cars this time!

justagt
08-12-2004, 12:51 PM
I just look at various race series/events (USTCC, Hooters Cup, Busch, A**SS, NASCAR, GrandAm, Snowshoe Hillclimb, etc) to see how they function, and MOST of them have big name sponsors.

So where does the 'prize money' come from for the race series that don't have big name sponsors? :rolleyes:

Seems to me that can only get it from one place...

What exactly are you getting at? Can you be more specific since you seem to be making accusations? Are you possibly talking about the big AI VIR weekend last year?

If so, I seem to remember that most of if not all of the prize money was put up by very cool sponsore like Andie at Cobalt and Bob Woodman Tire, who, BTW, continues to show up and support racers. There may be more so I apologize if I leave anyone out.

Or are you taking yet another cheap jab at that 'other' series you can't seem to type, AV8SS? Really, Jim, please just say what it is you mean, if you have a point, and stop beating around the bush so much. Just quit it with the jabs at other series and people. It gets old.