07-29-2004, 01:04 PM
Keep this in mind anytime your are heading for the BRP or for our Oct. event

http://www.smokymountainnews.com/issues/07_04/07_21_04/fr_new_fines.html

venomous
07-29-2004, 01:13 PM
Party Poopers! :mad: :edmond:

johnbasf
07-29-2004, 06:47 PM
They're trying to tell everybody to go to one of our open track events. :thumbsup:

97whitevert
07-29-2004, 09:35 PM
They're trying to tell everybody to go to one of our open track events. :thumbsup:
True!!!

and i can say that the rangers REALLY are out there these days!! we have gone up a couple of times this past month- and the rangers are STOPPING people!!! :eek:

nckissfan
07-29-2004, 10:16 PM
you mean people are......no wait, let me rephrase that, hold on, Oh ok, I thought the rangers were "stopping" people, :D

damn hooligans!

34Ford
07-30-2004, 10:47 AM
Although I have never actually seen a ranger clocking anyone, I heard a year or two ago that they had new portable lasers on the parkway. :eek:
No warning like radar.

Dennis

beerkat
07-30-2004, 01:23 PM
I find that running the BR at the 45 mph is a lot of fun.:rotf: :rotf:

Yeller'
08-17-2004, 11:34 AM
"Garrison said the amount of the ticket will be based on the rangerís discretion of the circumstances, someone going 60 mph swerving and doing wheelies could be as grievous as another biker going 80 mph. "
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
...but not quite as "grievous" as a fat soccer Mom sucking on a Diet Coke and talking on the cellphone with unrestrained kids screaming from the back seat.

...and not quite as "grievous" as drugged-out truckers blasting through Knoxville I-40 construction zones at 90mph in the fast lane.

...and not quite as "grievous" as all the drunk, weaving ricer kids that terrorize parts of crowded Kingston Pike on the weekends.

...Yet we are still gonna' concentrate on these evil, dangerous bike riders on a lonely stretch of mountain highway.

Whatever. :rolleyes:

It's not about safety, it never has been. It's the biggest lie ever forced on American motorists and most people lap it up as the gospel.

It's about dead presidents.

If it were about safety they would stop worring about what motorcycles are doing on a lonely mountain road and try and figure out why people keep dying from 18 wheelers rolling over at 90 mph on I-40/75 through Knoxville.

I feel safer (and probably am) on the dragon with experienced motorcyclists than on I-40 surrounded by blue-hairs, left lane hogs, and wired truckers. Don't get me started.

Thanks for the warning Fink.

cobrabitn
08-18-2004, 12:14 AM
Hmm?? :doubt: Truckers eh? :rotf: I think we are all guilty of wrong doing some time in our lives, don't you agree?

I whole heartedly agree with you about the dead President's statement. It's all about revenue because if it wasn't then they would just haul you in rather then take your money. But instead, they take your money and tell you not to do it, meanwhile, there is our law enforcement officers speeding through those same construction zones that the truckers speed through. They also flip on their lights just to make a U-turn only to get back to their radar targeting hideaway. They speed all of the time unnecessarily only to give you and I a ticket. That's why I do not give to the "Trooper's Association" anymore. On the flip side, most law officials do the right thing while a small percentage of them do not.

Don't get me started... :rotf:

Yeller'
08-18-2004, 09:46 AM
On the flip side, most law officials do the right thing while a small percentage of them do not.

True.

But in recent years it seems to me that that "small percentage" isn't as small as it used to be.

Or maybe I'm just unlucky and always get pulled over by the "Hey boy, you know how fast you were driving through my town?" cops...or maybe it's just my dazzlingly friendly personality:doubt: that puts them on the defensive. ;)

You play, you pay! I got as many checks as they have tickets. I just hate the old "highway safety" song and dance.

beerkat
08-18-2004, 10:46 AM
Maybe we could talk the rangers into closing a section of the BR for a day and charge people to run on it. They would get a lot of takers and be able to make their budget. I know that out west they close road for open road races. It is expensive but you can run as fast as your car/truck will take you.:thumbsup:

Yeller'
08-18-2004, 10:58 AM
Maybe we could talk the rangers into closing a section of the BR for a day and charge people to run on it. They would get a lot of takers and be able to make their budget.

BEERKAT FOR PRESIDENT !!!! :D

cobrabitn
08-18-2004, 11:41 PM
Forget the BRP, let's close the Cherohala Skyway and then we can really run wide open. :bounce:

you still want Beerkat for president? :rotf:

beerkat
08-19-2004, 12:59 AM
I just want to drive fast and safe. I do not care about being President.:rotf:

cobrabitn
08-19-2004, 01:23 AM
Oh, I was just messing... trust me, I don't want no stinikin Pres job, I have enough to handle now as it is. :yup: