PDA

View Full Version : Road Racing Wheel choice

madmac
07-31-2004, 03:58 PM
I'm looking for a cheap set of 18X9 (or 17X9) wheels for my 99 for track use. I've seen a lot of replica wheels and wonder if they are worth messing with. I bought a set of cheap cast wheels for a truck about ten years ago and ended up dumping them and buying billet mags instead (Centerlines). I'd really like to do this just once for a reasonable price. I've found some nice replicas here in town for $500/set. I don't want a set of weak, heavy wheels that are out of round/balance, not true, etc. Thanks!

2KWhiteSnake
08-01-2004, 12:34 AM
I've been dealing with that issue also for my 01. The 95 R's seem to be the food of choice for most guys, simply because they are strong and proven. Even the 10th Anniv. wheels are solid and will accept "big brakes". I haven't heard of any failures with the "R" wheels. Plus, being 17X9's, you don't have to be a millionaire to buy tires. I am also considering the MB Motorsports competition wheels from DiscountTireDirect.com. Here is the link... http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findProductCategoryDetailBrnd.do?tpc=MBMCOM&tp=Car%2FMinivan

They look nice, and they are made for track use. And $20 cheaper than 95 R's. They used to be a lot more, but the price has dropped.

Just my .02.

Craig

I'm looking for a cheap set of 18X9 (or 17X9) wheels for my 99 for track use. I've seen a lot of replica wheels and wonder if they are worth messing with. I bought a set of cheap cast wheels for a truck about ten years ago and ended up dumping them and buying billet mags instead (Centerlines). I'd really like to do this just once for a reasonable price. I've found some nice replicas here in town for $500/set. I don't want a set of weak, heavy wheels that are out of round/balance, not true, etc. Thanks!

madmac
08-01-2004, 07:14 PM
Wow, a nice looking wheel! The weight is less than the Steeda Ultralite, and it's $100 cheaper. Thanks for the heads-up.

2KWhiteSnake
08-01-2004, 08:35 PM
Sure thing!

Wow, a nice looking wheel! The weight is less than the Steeda Ultralite, and it's $100 cheaper. Thanks for the heads-up.