PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Racing!

wildhorsesracin
08-02-2004, 03:43 PM
Hey all,
Thanks for reminding me why I race with all of you, what a great group this past weekend at VIR. I have a renewed spark to get the '68 going.

It was fun watching the awesome racing that went on, definitely a tremendous show!
:thumbsup:

See you all at Road Atlanta in two weeks! :)

wildhorsesracin
08-02-2004, 04:28 PM
http://www.nasa-southeast.com/i/aieast2004.jpg

johnbasf
08-02-2004, 06:37 PM
Great to see everyone again. Someone PLEASE post the finishing order for both days.

Jim, do you still have the pic of the 4WD stang? Beau needs it BAD!!!! :D

SIUNARA
08-02-2004, 11:47 PM
Sat. AI results

Shugg
Koehler-DQ'd
Smith
Anderson

Sun. AI results

Shugg
Smith
Dunnivant

johnbasf
08-03-2004, 09:22 AM
Hey, cograts to Don and Jason for passing the instructor clinic. :thumbsup:

wildhorsesracin
08-03-2004, 09:46 AM
Yeah! Welcome to the world of "Screaming in the Passenger Seat" LOL! :eek: :eek: :thumbsup:

98banana
08-03-2004, 12:16 PM
Don, everything go okay with the Focus? I couldn't find any more solid info on the problem at FocalJet.

And congrats to both of you on the clinic and to the AI drivers for what sounds like some good racing. :thumbsup:

wildhorsesracin
08-03-2004, 02:39 PM
http://www.wildhorsesracing.com/videos/aivir20041.jpg

http://www.wildhorsesracing.com/videos/aivir20042.jpg

2KWhiteSnake
08-03-2004, 03:33 PM
Yes! Congrats to Don and Jason!!! I hate I missed VIR, but other financial ssues came up that needed to be dealt with first. Congrats to Shugg and the other AI guys also. Looks like it was a great turnout.

Glad everyone returned home safely. I'll see you guys soon.

Craig

SIUNARA
08-03-2004, 09:29 PM
Tom,

Thanks again for checking focaljet to see if there was any info on the power steering problem. I ended up running the rest of the weekend and just adding lots of fluid before each session. The car made it home without losing any fluid and will be headed to the dealership on Monday. It is still under warranty. I will fill you in on exactly what happened when I find out. Due to the power steering situation, swapping wheels and tires in 95 degree heat, and potential other situations, I will be buying a trailer very soon. :D

As for the instructor clinic...it flat out rocked! Jay and I had an absolute blast tearing it up in group 4 and helping some guys "turn the light on" as far as driving on track. I look forward to instructing very much! :thumbsup:

BOC- Beau
08-04-2004, 10:06 AM
The racing was good on both days, although there were several problems for some of us. One of the CMC cars had an altercation with a Porsche on Friday which ended his weekend. I overheated on Saturday during the race, and about melted my engine down. (approx 330deg water temp) Sunday was the most exciting for me. After a very frustrating few laps in qualifying because of a very crowded track, I put my car in the tires in turn 7. We spent the next 1.5 hours repairing the damage so we could race. I started the race far back in the field, but by the end I was back in contention. Thanks to all of the guys that helped with the car, I appreciate what you did. Brian Smith hurt his tranny in the Sunday race. John do you still have yours? Next up, MID-OHIO.

svt_coupe
08-04-2004, 11:18 AM
The racing was a lot of fun. Beau and crew definitely get the hardcharger award for getting his bucket of bolts back together. :D I walked over to his camp when I heard of the incident. The ENTIRE front end of his car was removed. They did a fabulous job putting the car back together.

It was great to see some familiar faces at the race - Greg Anderson, Richard Koehler, Mike Schlickenmeyer (though he wasn't racing), David Smith. It almost felt like old times. There were also some new faces to AI and people coming up through the comp schools. This was really great to see.

Thanks for the congrats. My car is running very good this year and I've been fortunate to have had little problems with it. It makes the racing much easier on a driver when you can concentrate on driving and not the car.

I did something I'll never do again on Sunday. I skipped impound. Not intentionally, but I dodged the court. Usually there is someone waiving us into impound post-race, or we are told prior to the race that the top finishers will go straight to impound. I'm not certain if I missed someone waiving me in or not, but bottom line I missed impound while other racers were there. The rules state that the top finisher must go to impound immediate after the race. So, I could and perhaps should have been DQ'ed for Sunday's race. Steve Marcus put it up to the other racers on whether or not to DQ me... which they did not. So, I must say thanks to everyone, especially Brian Smith and Beau Dunnivant who would gain the most by DQ. That will be the last time I head back to my paddock area directly after a race without first going to impound.

CONGRATS to Don and Jason who both made it through the instructor clinic. They both did an excellent job on their first outings as instructors. Just because you attend a NASA Instructor Clinic doesn't not guarantee you will become an instructor. So, the fact that they both began instructing on Saturday speaks well for them.

IT WAS HOT!!!! This weekend was without a doubt the hottest I have ever been in a race car. In particular Sunday's race. Perhaps it was because of the 3 days of back-to-back driving. I will be looking into some sort of cooling device before long.

wreckm
08-04-2004, 08:52 PM
Just wondering why Koehler was DQ-D?

BOC- Beau
08-04-2004, 08:57 PM
Just wondering why Koehler was DQ-D?He was about 500 pounds too light for his horsepower and torque. :eek:

racercosmo
08-05-2004, 12:45 AM
He was about 500 pounds too light for his horsepower and torque. :eek:Did he forget to top off the fuel tank?

wildhorsesracin
08-05-2004, 09:10 AM
Did he forget to top off the fuel tank?

ROLFMAO!!! :rotf: :rotf:

Poor Koehler, it seemed like everytime he went out parts would fall off his car! During the sunday race he came back in because he overheated.