PDA

View Full Version : *** Need Some prayers from SCMC***

bluethunder
08-03-2004, 05:36 PM
Got a really bad call this afternoon, a Friend of mine and Kathy's is at Memorial Herman hospital, in ICU. He was Parked on a side road after having some food and drinks and when he went to get into his car something Horrific happened. A Carcoming up from behind him hit him as he was getting into his car. He was already seated in his car but still had his left leg out of the car. It severed his left leg from the calf down and broke his left Wrist! He is recovering at Memorial right now, and was told it is going to take several more surgeries to try and repair the leg and hopefully allow him to Walk again.
He is 27 years old with a wife. Please Keep NATHAN in your prayers tonight. He is a Jr. high Football coach and from what i was told today, they can't say for sure if he'll even walk again.

thanks for your time, and please say a prayer for Nathan. Thanks

Nathan made it out of Surgery Last night and All looks to be going good. It took 16 Hours of Surgery to repair his leg. He will walk again with alot of therapy.. He had a rod inserted from his knee down to his ankle along with 6 pins and 4 screws. They had to do a graph to get the wound covered up enough to close. He is back in his room at Memorial Herman and is set to make a full recovery.He will have a slight limp, but he will be able to walk and hopefully run again.

Jesse99
08-03-2004, 06:35 PM
Wow, Thats unbelievable.. My prayers are with him and his famaily..

97CasperCobra
08-03-2004, 07:00 PM
Gosh that's horrible Joey....we'll all keep him in our thoughts and prayers. Keep us updated man.

msmap
08-03-2004, 07:03 PM
:( how sad

Firme
08-03-2004, 07:10 PM
I am sorry to hear of such a tragedy :( your friend is in our prayers joey

Twice Bitten
08-03-2004, 07:23 PM
Ditto...tell him to be strong. It could have been worse...if that is possible.

cobrapace94
08-03-2004, 08:13 PM
That is not a good story to read, sorry to hear about your friend. Good luck to him.

Andy M
08-03-2004, 11:03 PM
Joey,

We will certainly keep Nathan and his family in our prayers. Just another reminder to all of us to remember how precious our lives are and to live every day like it is your last. :(

Carl G
08-04-2004, 09:30 AM
That is a horrrible situation, I hope his recovery is fast and our prayers will go with him and his family. It is just a nother reminder that how fast our whole life can change in one moment. Let us know how he is doing. :(

Levi
08-04-2004, 10:28 AM
Sorry to hear, finding the words,,,,,,,,,,,, My prayers are with him and his family.

bluethunder
08-04-2004, 10:51 AM
Thank you all for your prayers, Someone was listening because the update is in the first post.

msmap
08-04-2004, 11:48 AM
Wow, that was a long time in surgury. I'm glad he came thru ok. Best wishes and many prayers for a speedy recovery and successful therapy to overcome all he's been thru.

cobrabitn
08-05-2004, 12:25 AM
Here's to wishing your friend a speedy recovery and hoping God will help him and his family through these trying times.

Topless In Tex
08-08-2004, 02:40 AM
Joey,

We will certainly keep Nathan and his family in our prayers. Just another reminder to all of us to remember how precious our lives are and to live every day like it is your last. :(

AMEN to that! My prayers are with him and w/ all of ya'll. Life is too short. I hope he will be okay...
Christine

coleman
08-08-2004, 08:47 AM
I'll pray for him! ... very unfortunate, but isn't it just amazing what doctors are able to!

My littlest boy just had surgery one month ago and is back to normal from what could easily have been a life long debilitating condition. ...just amazing!

Cars are so dangerous, and we are so fragile.

I'm interested in knowing more about the circumstances of the accident and what is happening to the driver.

bluethunder
08-09-2004, 10:06 AM
Nathan made it out of surgery very quickly and will be able to walk again and be normal!

He was getting into his car and his left leg was hanging out before he pulled it in, a Truck came by and hit him and his car snapping his leg and folding it under the car.