PDA

View Full Version : Springfield Motorsport in Northern VA

BigRedMachine
08-05-2004, 02:54 PM
Has anyone had any expierience with Springfiled Motorsport? I'm getting some work done on Monday and I was wondering if anyone had any input? It's the closest dedicated Mustang shop to my house. I have read some other forums and no one has had anything bad to say about the guys there besides they were expensive (what shop isn't though? ;) ) I talkted to them on the phone and the guy was courteous and knowledgeable.

Getting new tires put on, new rotors and pads on all four shoes and I'm thinking about a chip for the computer (but that all depends on the wife :rolleyes: )

Thanks

cobra330
08-05-2004, 09:37 PM
BigRedMachine...I have heard of them but, know nothing about them. Please let me know what you think. I could use another shop close by. Also, if your ever up for a drive...CJ Pony Parts in Harrisburg, PA...is great and pretty reasonable on pricing. Check out thier website. :thumbsup:

Mystic_Cobra
08-14-2004, 11:38 AM
don't go there. I have used them one time. They are not experts, the prices are rediculous and he charged me for stuff I didn't need. A good friend of mine has known the owner there for years and after they screwed my friend over on a job, he won't even talk to them anymore.

Call HRM in Springfield.
They do everything from engine builds to oil changes.

HRM Automotive

Contact Info:
(703) 866-0602

Location Info:
8086 Alban Road, Springfield, VA 22150

Products & Services:
Maintenance

Jimmy Bost

SVTcobra04
11-03-2004, 03:55 PM
has anyone ever heard or used a perfrmance ford place in gaithersburg MD behind the big toys r us.srry im not to good with road names:D .

cobra330
11-03-2004, 04:12 PM
has anyone ever heard or used a perfrmance ford place in gaithersburg MD behind the big toys r us.srry im not to good with road names:D .

That place is affiliated with Sheehy Ford...I would not have them work on my model Mustangs let alone the real thing...They have no clue what they are doing...Example..they rotated the tires on my Cobra...the rear's are 275 wide..and the front's are 245...they did not even notice until I showed them.

SVTcobra04
11-08-2004, 06:55 AM
ok glad I asked.cobra330 im in bethesda.know of any good places to get work done on my cobra.

cobra330
11-08-2004, 08:18 AM
Unfortunately I am still looking myself. If it is warranty work I would just try a different dealership personally. As far as other work..mods that is..there are not alot in our area that I would go to. Amazon Racing in Edgewood is worth a try. Trying to find some others..if you find any let me know. Trust me..my search goes on.

SVTcobra04
11-08-2004, 05:34 PM
Ill keep looking for shops for mods.Im gonna wait till spring to put any mods on so I have plenty of time to look for shops and what im gonna do to my car.If I find any good shops Ill let you know.