PDA

View Full Version : August Monthly meet - 8-21

Firme
08-06-2004, 07:56 PM
OK guys its time for our August meet.

***************UPDATED INFO*************
We will meet at the Outback(our southside meeting spot) on the Corner of I-45 and Beltway 8 ON THE SOUTH SIDE of the beltway. If you were to face North and look down at the 45 & Beltway 8 intersection, Outback would be the North East corner. This is not to eat, but just the meeting spot.

MEETING TIME WILL BE 3:30 PM

We will CRUISE TO GALVASTON, TO THE MOODY GARDENS:
We will be watching the 3D Imax Nascar @ 5pm (Tickets are around $9 a person)

After the show, we will be eating dinner, maybe at the terrance then deciding whether to go to the franks or whatever the group wants.

Who is in.

p.s. if you want to get there a little before 2 O'clock to eat lunch at "Two Brothers Pasta" Italian restaurant, gimme a call. 281 660 7347

Edmond

03 cobra toy
08-07-2004, 03:13 PM
How bout a nice dinner and a cruise???

Let hear your suggestions..

I'm game :bounce:

Twice Bitten
08-07-2004, 03:36 PM
I'm game :bounce:

Are you in season? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

97CasperCobra
08-07-2004, 04:45 PM
I'll be in California enjoying the beach and weather. :cool:

93KingCobra
08-07-2004, 06:20 PM
Sounds good to me. Where should we have a nice dinner at?

Carl G
08-07-2004, 06:37 PM
If I get back from Moving Brian that day to his Dorm in time :thumbsup:

93KingCobra
08-07-2004, 06:53 PM
Carl remove that pic from you sig that red x is really :spoke:

John Chingasos
08-07-2004, 06:53 PM
I will be out of the country

93KingCobra
08-07-2004, 06:56 PM
AGAIN

msmap
08-07-2004, 09:13 PM
hmmmm, leave early afternoon and go to Galveston, maybe Moody Gardens or something and find a place to eat :yup:

Where ya off to now, John?

Twice Bitten
08-07-2004, 09:20 PM
(and have a place to stay if needed :bounce: :thumbsup: ) Casey's next to Gaido's is great. So is Gaido's. And there's a Joe's Crab Shack there too now.

ZincYellowCobra
08-07-2004, 10:25 PM
I am game (and in season). Galveston sounds like a plan. Old faithful, the blemished bumper Cobra, likes the drive ;)

HoustonSnake
08-08-2004, 11:10 AM
We got movers showing up that day so we wont be able to make it out. :(

John Chingasos
08-08-2004, 10:25 PM
Where ya off to now, John?[/QUOTE]

Quito, Ecuador

Evilcartman
08-08-2004, 11:40 PM
We will try.

Evilcartman
08-08-2004, 11:42 PM
Where ya off to now, John?

Quito, Ecuador[/QUOTE]

Say hello to the Ewoke's for me man. :hello: :hello: :hello:

bluethunder
08-09-2004, 09:08 AM
I will be out of the country

you getting deported?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

bluethunder
08-09-2004, 09:09 AM
(and have a place to stay if needed :bounce: :thumbsup: ) Casey's next to Gaido's is great. So is Gaido's. And there's a Joe's Crab Shack there too now.

Did someone say Galveston????????????? :doubt: :doubt:

We're game for some driving and dinner! And Hopefully some fishing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: ;) ;)

cobrapace94
08-09-2004, 09:36 AM
I'm out, will be moving my son, Brian into his new dorm home in Warrensburg Missouri, Central Missouri state U. WoooHooo..
Have fun. :thumbsup:

John Chingasos
08-09-2004, 11:59 AM
Quito, Ecuador

Say hello to the Ewoke's for me man. :hello: :hello: :hello:[/QUOTE]

I will be happy to say hello to Joey's cousins and family for you :D :D ;)

bluethunder
08-09-2004, 12:03 PM
Say hello to the Ewoke's for me man. :hello: :hello: :hello:

I will be happy to say hello to Joey's cousins and family for you :D :D ;)[/QUOTE]

We're from Puerto Rico, Not some Nasty Land! :rolleyes:

But hope the INS Let's you come back after you get another Visa!
:rotf:

Levi
08-09-2004, 02:18 PM
If car is ready in time. :thumbsup:

scocher
08-09-2004, 03:23 PM
:( Alabama to Texas is too long a haul for us, but it sure sounds like FUN! :bounce: :thumbsup:

Firme
08-09-2004, 04:45 PM
:( Alabama to Texas is too long a haul for us, but it sure sounds like FUN! :bounce: :thumbsup:

you guys would have a blast down here Cheryl :bounce:

if you like 411 dragway, you would LOVE Houston Raceway park

and there is also TWS for open track :naughty: :D

Twice Bitten
08-11-2004, 02:52 PM
We are in. Details?

bluethunder
08-11-2004, 08:10 PM
We are in. Details?

:werd:

Firme
08-11-2004, 09:37 PM
:be patient, checking out a lead:

:p

Josh968
08-12-2004, 07:44 PM
Hmmmmmm...

Z06 Chic
08-13-2004, 10:28 AM
Hey guys...I haven't been to one of these meets in a long time. I would certainly like to attend, but I promised my sister to go and watch her sing at a show in Huntsville.

I would like to attend the next one, if no one minds

Firme
08-13-2004, 10:36 AM
Hey guys...I haven't been to one of these meets in a long time. I would certainly like to attend, but I promised my sister to go and watch her sing at a show in Huntsville.

I would like to attend the next one, if no one minds

we'd love to see you guys again
:bounce:

Z06 Chic
08-13-2004, 10:42 AM
we'd love to see you guys again
:bounce:

Cool, count us in

Twice Bitten
08-16-2004, 02:37 PM
Uhhhh...s'up? I checked out parking at a couple places on the seawall this weekend, or there's always Kemah?

Are we still doing this?

bluethunder
08-16-2004, 02:41 PM
Uhhhh...s'up? I checked out parking at a couple places on the seawall this weekend, or there's always Kemah?

Are we still doing this?

:werd: :rolleyes: :cool:

Firme
08-16-2004, 03:47 PM

Are we still doing this?

yeah I was actually trying to call you (either of you)

be expecting a call after 5
;)

bluethunder
08-16-2004, 04:13 PM
yeah I was actually trying to call you (either of you)

be expecting a call after 5
;)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

We're going Fishing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean we're going to eat and get to drive our cars!

Firme
08-16-2004, 09:20 PM
Ok, let get everyone opinion on this, please vote for one

1.CRUISE TO KEMAH AND EAT, and HANG OUT

2.CRUISE TO GALVASTON, TO THE MOODY GARDENS, EAT, and POSSIBLY WATCH THE 3D IMAX of NASCAR (of course if people don't want to do that, they could do whatever and hook up with the group after the IMAX)

JBoden
08-16-2004, 09:33 PM
Tough choice Edmond - we love both ideas. Since we haven't been to Moody Gardens in a while, we vote for that. :bounce:

Twice Bitten
08-16-2004, 09:51 PM
We've never been to Moody Gardens...that would probably be our 1st choice.

Carl G
08-16-2004, 10:15 PM
Cant check Brian into his dorm until 11AM on Saturday and I dont know if Nathanials will be through with car. Might have to miss this one. Depends when yall plan on leaving. Maybe a hookup late, we will see. :thumbsup:

msmap
08-16-2004, 10:31 PM
MOODY GARDENS :bounce:

Topless In Tex
08-17-2004, 04:44 AM
If ya'll are wanting to meet up and check out some nice rides, we are usually at the Chik Filet/Home Depot off of 2094 in Kemah. Where they have the new Super Target. They have a NICE cruise night, and we have been there every weekend that we are in town (Sat. nites)! Sherri has been there before, she knows where its at! Chic Filet gives discounts if you have a car to show... We are there about 6pm and stay till we get sick of it, then head to the local beer garden. lol. The weather has been great, and we've had a great turn out.
You can go to Moody Gardens, but you will not find any other cars(that I am aware of). If you want to do something REALLY COOL, and check out some awesome rides, I would suggest the Chic Filet. If you plan on coming out, let me KNOW...I will make damn sure we are there. There is a Regatta that day, but we should be done by 3 or so. Just a thought. I would love to see ya'll out in OUR neck of the woods....it does not happen that often. And we all need to hook up! :cool:
:banana:TNT:banana:

bluethunder
08-17-2004, 09:18 AM
Moody Gardens!!!!!!!! I've never been and I know Kathy needs a Break from Work( Tax Season is picking up again!)

Hopefully I will be able to drive the coupe down :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:+

What time would we be leaving for the cruise?

Twice Bitten
08-17-2004, 06:51 PM
OK...this being the seeming majority vote...we can offer the overnight option at the bay for those who don't want to drive home and are looking for a little fish action that night or on Sunday. Weather permitting for boat rides. Just say "no" to hurricanes and everyone keep your toes crossed that Earl goes north. Again, country breakfast for any takers.

93KingCobra
08-17-2004, 07:01 PM
Man Larry that sounds so tempting......Mmmmmm what should I do?

Twice Bitten
08-17-2004, 07:05 PM
Hey babe...your Scooby Doo reel and your twin bed with the sailboat sheets are ready. (Just kidding...we hope to go out on the boat and expect your presence this time...). The flounder are afraid. Very afraid.

John Chingasos
08-17-2004, 07:30 PM
OK...this being the seeming majority vote...we can offer the overnight option at the bay for those who don't want to drive home and are looking for a little fish action that night or on Sunday. Weather permitting for boat rides. Just say "no" to hurricanes and everyone keep your toes crossed that Earl goes north. Again, country breakfast for any takers.

DAM YOU QUITO ECUADOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :( :( :(

I AM OUT......................LATE

Codes
08-17-2004, 11:33 PM
Hey guys, Firme invited me over. I am in, I would really like to join you guys for a cruise. Either one is fine with me, Galveston or Kemah, both are really fun. Glad to be here -Cody

ZincYellowCobra
08-18-2004, 01:04 AM
Thought that I was going to be able to make it out but I was wrong. The president of my company is throwing a party on Saturday. I RSVP'd to it months ago. Completely forgot about it... so looks like I will be hanging out with co-workers all afternoon/evening. BIG FUN.

Really sorry that I am going to miss this one. Hope y'all have a good time :)

Firme
08-18-2004, 01:08 AM
Thought that I was going to be able to make it out but I was wrong. The president of my company is throwing a party on Saturday. I RSVP'd to it months ago. Completely forgot about it... so looks like I will be hanging out with co-workers all afternoon/evening. BIG FUN.

Really sorry that I am going to miss this one. Hope y'all have a good time :)

:edmond: :(

you could always cut out early and come down :D..

What time do you finish?

Firme
08-18-2004, 01:09 AM
Hey guys, Firme invited me over. I am in, I would really like to join you guys for a cruise. Either one is fine with me, Galveston or Kemah, both are really fun. Glad to be here -Cody

:hello: Cody

welcome to the board. Glad to have you. Lookin forward to seeing you Saturday :bounce:

ZincYellowCobra
08-18-2004, 01:10 AM
:edmond: :(

you could always cut out early and come down :D..

What time do you finish?

It's from 3PM 'til 7PM.

Firme
08-18-2004, 01:12 AM
It's from 3PM 'til 7PM.

hmm.. well we will still be out and about, just give one of us a buzz and head our if your are in the mood. And Like I said, you could always cut out about 5:30ish from the work thing if its boring ;)

ZincYellowCobra
08-18-2004, 01:19 AM
if its boring ;)

Mild understatement. Hanging out with insurance folk. ZzzZzzZzzz

:rotf:

bluethunder
08-18-2004, 09:48 AM
we might be out as well. With Tax time picking up for Kathy she is having to work on Sat. Don't know till what time but doesn't look good. I know she needs a break from me, the car, the new puppy and work.

Codes
08-18-2004, 10:53 AM
I am excited, just need the detail on what time and where and I will try my best to make it (school starts for me that monday so I might not be able to make it due to tonnes of **** I need to get done before I start). I couldnt do the overnight thing, but I dont mind making the drive home from Galveston, have made it many times late at night. I look forward to being there -Cody

93KingCobra
08-18-2004, 02:01 PM
Hey babe...your Scooby Doo reel and your twin bed with the sailboat sheets are ready. (Just kidding...we hope to go out on the boat and expect your presence this time...). The flounder are afraid. Very afraid.

Sounds like fun, I can't wait!!!!!

Carl G
08-18-2004, 08:06 PM
Deb and I will hook up with yall later in the afternoon. Car might even be ready if the Brembos get there tomorrow. :thumbsup: I will call when we are leaving Houston to find out where everyone is. Looks like another fun time for the gang :)

Firme
08-19-2004, 07:57 AM
Here are the times and description of the 3d Imax

NASCAR 3D (3D)
Narrated by Kiefer Sutherland and sponsored by AOL for Broadband, NASCAR 3D: The IMAX Experience provides an insider’s perspective of America’s number one spectator sport. Through the magic of IMAX® 3D technology, audiences will be transported into the driver’s seat and experience the heart-pumping action on the track, in the pit and behind the scenes. Dale Earnhardt Jr., third generation NASCAR driver, says “The footage portrays NASCAR in its truest sense. It’s really loud, which is exactly what it’s like when you’re inside the car.” Jimmie Johnson, the 2003 series runner up, adds, “If you want to know what it’s really like to be a NASCAR driver, this film is a must-see experience.”

11a.m.; 1p.m.; 3p.m.;5p.m.; 7p.m.*

I was thining either the 5 or 7 Oclock showing

Codes
08-19-2004, 11:25 AM
Here are the times and description of the 3d Imax

NASCAR 3D (3D)
Narrated by Kiefer Sutherland and sponsored by AOL for Broadband, NASCAR 3D: The IMAX Experience provides an insider’s perspective of America’s number one spectator sport. Through the magic of IMAX® 3D technology, audiences will be transported into the driver’s seat and experience the heart-pumping action on the track, in the pit and behind the scenes. Dale Earnhardt Jr., third generation NASCAR driver, says “The footage portrays NASCAR in its truest sense. It’s really loud, which is exactly what it’s like when you’re inside the car.” Jimmie Johnson, the 2003 series runner up, adds, “If you want to know what it’s really like to be a NASCAR driver, this film is a must-see experience.”

11a.m.; 1p.m.; 3p.m.;5p.m.; 7p.m.*

I was thining either the 5 or 7 Oclock showingIm game, about how much does it cost? Along with my being game, I am also a lil low on cash. But yea, IM GAME:bounce:

Firme
08-19-2004, 11:54 AM
The 3d Imax isn't that pricey

a group of 20 or more gets group pricing (if we can get that many commited before hand) which is like $2 off a person .

But I think regular tickets are $8.95 for general admission, $6.95 for senions 65+n up, 5.95 for children 5-12, children under 4 are free.

As far as dinner, there is The Terrace restaurant, which is like $10-20 a plate,
or I can find a place that is less expensive if you guys want.

Moody garderns shuts down at 7 (except for the 3D Imax that starts at 7)

So I was thinking of either going to the 5 or 7 p.m showing and eating afterwards.

Then driving the seawall maybe, or going to the franks like they said (if they still want us there)

Let me know your opinions

Levi
08-19-2004, 12:53 PM
If car is ready in time. :thumbsup:

Car will not be ready in time, so I'm out.

Late. :cool:

Firme
08-19-2004, 01:09 PM
Car will not be ready in time, so I'm out.

Late. :cool:

DRIVE THE TRUCK

Levi
08-19-2004, 03:15 PM
DRIVE THE TRUCK

No fun it that. :doubt:

Going out to my dad's saturday night so I can go to church with them on sunday and spend the day hanging with the old man.

Maybe next time, Thanks. :D

Josh968
08-19-2004, 04:21 PM
looking for a little fish action that night or on Sunday.

Anything down there that will go for a fly?

Twice Bitten
08-19-2004, 05:43 PM
Of COURSE you all are always welcome...Josh I have never tried a fly on those fish but I know some people do. I think that's more of a wadefishing thing from what I've seen. But, I never say never. I know you need elbow room for that and there is a vacant lot next door with a bulkheaded point. I've even caught fish on hot dogs or bread. :D Our fishing consists mostly of live shrimp and we catch flounder, trout, and reds. I did catch my 1st flounder on artificial bait recently, though.

Firme...thanks for looking into the Moody plans. Let us know how to help. Room still open at the "INN" for overnighters.

Codes
08-19-2004, 05:43 PM
The 3d Imax isn't that pricey

a group of 20 or more gets group pricing (if we can get that many commited before hand) which is like $2 off a person .

But I think regular tickets are $8.95 for general admission, $6.95 for senions 65+n up, 5.95 for children 5-12, children under 4 are free.

As far as dinner, there is The Terrace restaurant, which is like $10-20 a plate,
or I can find a place that is less expensive if you guys want.

Moody garderns shuts down at 7 (except for the 3D Imax that starts at 7)

So I was thinking of either going to the 5 or 7 p.m showing and eating afterwards.

Then driving the seawall maybe, or going to the franks like they said (if they still want us there)

Let me know your opinions
Its cool, I aint that strapped for cash. Im cool with the more expensive eatery also, and I am up for just about anything afterwards...I know im not going to want to go home. And either the 5 or 7 is fine also, but if we go to the 7 showing that might put the group eating kind of late...im cool either way though. I am really looking forward to it:thumbsup:

Evilcartman
08-19-2004, 07:21 PM
When you get all the times sorted out, can you please post the final details in the first post of this thread. There is a lot of reading here now and I don't want to miss out.

Firme
08-20-2004, 01:12 AM
When you get all the times sorted out, can you please post the final details in the first post of this thread. There is a lot of reading here now and I don't want to miss out.

the latest times updated on the first post
:thumbsup:

JBoden
08-20-2004, 07:22 AM
We'll be there :bounce: :bounce:

bluethunder
08-20-2004, 09:16 AM
We're out. :( Kathy has to work on sat. and sunday and I have to finish the coupe and clean some house! Gotta practice for being the future franks "bay house boy".

You guys and gals have fun and take lots of pictures.

bluelight_tj
08-20-2004, 09:32 AM
I think we are in. Just have to see if we have the funds for it. Then after that I have to go and raid the Hicks house. have not been there in a while. ;)

Evilcartman
08-20-2004, 09:34 AM
I think we are in. Just have to see if we have the funds for it. Then after that I have to go and raid the Hicks house. have not been there in a while. ;)

Yes, you do. We are tight on $ also, so we can find something cheap at Moody to do if we don't do the Imax. I don't think Kevin will like to sit in a movie anyway.

bluelight_tj
08-20-2004, 09:49 AM
Yes, you do. We are tight on $ also, so we can find something cheap at Moody to do if we don't do the Imax. I don't think Kevin will like to sit in a movie anyway.
We could do that. i need to talk to the head of the house and see. I let you all know once she tells me.

Codes
08-20-2004, 02:45 PM
Woohoo!! I am uber excited, thanks again for inviting me along:bounce: . Ill bring my Digi and take tonnes of pics then post em on the board if yous guys want me to.

:hello: Oh, and IM IN.:rotf:

Edit: I tried to find that Outback on their site but I couldnt, can anyone like give me a street adress so I can use Mapquest? Thanks!

Edit x2: Nevermind, I know where it is now. AMC 30 right? Right by Toes and Teaworks...shveet. See everyone there.

Codes
08-20-2004, 02:46 PM
We could do that. i need to talk to the head of the house and see. I let you all know once she tells me.
I dont know if the aquarium is any cheaper, but I went there summer before last with my Gf and it is awesome. Very very interesting, the same goes for the Rain Forest Pyramid, both are really really neat.:thumbsup:

Josh968
08-20-2004, 04:39 PM
I'm out.

Carl G
08-20-2004, 06:40 PM
We will catch up with you guys sometime later in the afternoon, I will pick up the 03 sometime on the way back from Huntsville. The rear springs from Maximum MS lowered the car 1.25" and the pipes are hitting when going over bumps, The Alignment will get done in the morning. Hope to bring it to Galveston tomorrow.

Twice Bitten
08-20-2004, 06:49 PM
Anyone other than Phil considering staying the night at the house? Just trying to do a bed/head count.

Evilcartman
08-20-2004, 07:27 PM
Anyone other than Phil considering staying the night at the house? Just trying to do a bed/head count.

I really, really, really want to. But we are headed to the inlaws on Sunday and it's in Brenham so I don't think we can. Next time, I will do what it takes to stay. We are coming to the event at least. We better find "no-door-ding" parking wherever we go.

Firme
08-20-2004, 09:44 PM
Larry I am prolly not spending the night..

93KingCobra
08-20-2004, 10:43 PM
We better find "no-door-ding" parking wherever we go.

AMEN to that brother!!!!!

Codes
08-21-2004, 11:38 AM
No-Door-Ding parking would be awesome...we might have to walk a mile, but it would be cool.

Evilcartman
08-21-2004, 11:58 AM
Yeah, we are coming and we are bringing Kevin. :bounce: :baby:

Another thing. My favorite Italian place is in the same area as the Outback. There is a Kroger's right there next, behind AMC, and in the strip center is a place called "Two Brothers Pasta". That place is the best and has very good food. It's small and kinda hinden, but it's almost within site of the Outback. Anyone interested in eating there, maybe a little before the meet? If so, it's on the left hand side of the Krogers around the corner at the very end. I know Stan and SVT4RD have eaten there and liked it.

Also, what about a northwest side cruise to the outback? Then we won't have peps making circles around Outback trying to find it. I can lead the way since the Outback is 2 miles from my old house and I know the area. I need gas so I will be filling up at the 290 and 1960 Shell, and that seems to be a great meeting spot.

03 cobra toy
08-21-2004, 12:51 PM
I'm out... :( Have a good time!!and be safe ...........

Evilcartman
08-21-2004, 12:51 PM
I'm out... :(

:edmond: :edmond: :edmond: :edmond:

Firme
08-21-2004, 12:53 PM
:edmond: at David, but then again, he would prolly get all of us sick :doubt:

and I updated the first post.

Evilcartman
08-21-2004, 01:13 PM
:edmond: at David, but then again, he would prolly get all of us sick :doubt:

and I updated the first post.

I will be leaving in about 45 minutes to head down.

93KingCobra
08-21-2004, 01:47 PM
It's raining down here in Katy pretty bad just checking with everyone..?

Evilcartman
08-21-2004, 02:02 PM
It's raining down here in Katy pretty bad just checking with everyone..?

We are leaving right now. Hopefully the weather will hold out a little. The 315's really suck in the rain.

Codes
08-21-2004, 02:02 PM
It's raining down here in Katy pretty bad just checking with everyone..?Yea, its fixing to rain here too (LaPorte). I didnt even get to wash it, good thing the only dirty part is the wheels (curses to you brake dust:mad: ). Is the meet still on??

Edit: GOT IT WASHED!!! MAN I ROCK:thumbsup:

bluethunder
08-21-2004, 02:11 PM
It's raining like a MOFO here at westimer and Highway 6! Lots of thunnder too!

You guys and gals have fun, I'm going to see about getting my new truck today!

Codes
08-21-2004, 02:14 PM
Hopefully itll pass through like most other summer showers...

93KingCobra
08-22-2004, 03:10 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to Larry & Rach for a place to sleep last night and a great breakfast this mornning... Nascar IMAX was really cool you just got to love 3D. :cool:

P.S. I CAUGHT 2 KEEPERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Codes
08-22-2004, 05:58 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to Larry & Rach for a place to sleep last night and a great breakfast this mornning... Nascar IMAX was really cool you just got to love 3D. :cool:

P.S. I CAUGHT 2 KEEPERS!!!!!!!!!!!Yep, thanks guys the bed was comfy and the breakfast was awesome, look forward to sleeping in that bed again:) . Cant wait to do it again guys, thanks for inviting me and accepting me as one of the group. Again, Thanks -Cody

Twice Bitten
08-23-2004, 10:54 AM
That was a fun time...the NASCAR IMAX was really interesting and especially neat to see a 3D tire flying at your face. I know I learned a bunch...now Larry wants to quit his job and drive a race car. Dinner was great at a Galveston landmark...Gaido's always satisfies the hungry soul.

Cody and Phil...so glad to have you stay for breakfast. It was a late night/morning! You are welcome back anytime.

Now for the awards....

Phil wins the "I-caught-2-keepers-and-I-can't-wait-to-tell-Joey" award
Cody wins the "Newcomer-who-fits-into-the-group-fastest" award
Carl wins the "You-don't-need-live-bait-just-give-me-some-plastic-and-I'll-show-you-boys-how-to-do-this" award
Edmond wins both the "Tech-support!!!" and "You're-kidding-me-you-caught-another-fish-and-I've-been-standing-here-for-45-minutes" award
Bart wins the "I-can't-leave-the-fish-are-still-biting" award with the latest drive home!!! (also wins the Best Photography Award with that awesome night lightning picture that is now my desktop wallpaper!)
James wins the "I-really-don't-fish-much-OK-give-me-a-pole" award
Keith and Angela win the "Parents-with-the-sweetest-baby-who-didn't-make-a-peep-during-his-first-3D-IMAX" award
Jim and Jackie win the "Most-delightful-couple-who-always-make-everyone-feel-welcome" award

If I forgot anyone...50 lashes. It was all good fun. Where to meet next month???

Firme
08-23-2004, 11:16 AM
:thumbsup:

Thats awesome Rachel

bluethunder
08-23-2004, 11:24 AM
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

That's all I got to say about that! I don't care who you are, That's not funny!

Carl G
08-23-2004, 08:07 PM
It was a great time, abd thanks again for letting us enjoy your beautiful bay home. We promise to stay later and I will show yall how to catch fish on plastic.

Twice Bitten
08-24-2004, 09:25 AM
I'll hold you to that promise, Carl. I couldn't pay those fish to take it last night. I need your technique.