PDA

View Full Version : GM vs SVT

Jesse99
08-12-2004, 03:24 PM
I read awhile back I heard about GM building a hand built engine.. Seems the're building the new LS7 and a few other blocks.. I read it awhile back on yahoo, but couldn't find it but I did find gm-trucks.com had it posted on there site.. http://gm-trucks.com/home/content/view/130/1/ Check it out and tell me what you think.. Here's a quote from the site..

"DETROIT - General Motors Corp. is adding more muscle to its claim of "World's Best Powertrains" with the official opening of its Performance Build Center, a $10 million facility dedicated to building high-performance engines for low-volume, premium vehicles.

The first hand-built engine variant to come from the Performance Build Center will be the LS7 OHV V-8 that is the heart of the Z06 performance package earmarked for the 2006 Corvette; specifications and details for the LS7 will be provided at the 2005 North American International Auto Show."

Anyway, let me know your thoughts.. I for one love to see limited built cars.. Later :thumbsup:

bluethunder
08-12-2004, 04:04 PM
I read awhile back I heard about GM building a hand built engine.. Seems the're building the new LS7 and a few other blocks.. I read it awhile back on yahoo, but couldn't find it but I did find gm-trucks.com had it posted on there site.. http://gm-trucks.com/home/content/view/130/1/ Check it out and tell me what you think.. Here's a quote from the site..

"DETROIT - General Motors Corp. is adding more muscle to its claim of "World's Best Powertrains" with the official opening of its Performance Build Center, a $10 million facility dedicated to building high-performance engines for low-volume, premium vehicles.

The first hand-built engine variant to come from the Performance Build Center will be the LS7 OHV V-8 that is the heart of the Z06 performance package earmarked for the 2006 Corvette; specifications and details for the LS7 will be provided at the 2005 North American International Auto Show."

Anyway, let me know your thoughts.. I for one love to see limited built cars.. Later :thumbsup:

Chevy already has a place that builds Performance Motors by hand- It's called Motorsport Technologies! they make the motors that Chevy should have put into their cars!

cobltng
08-12-2004, 05:39 PM
:doubt: :doubt: Same concept as SVT except this is GM hand assembling the LS7 for the 06 Z06. This engine will be making 500 rwhp. SVT will likely come out with the same HP numbers for the next gen Cobra. Either way Z06 or Cobra I would expect extreme sticker shock.

Firme
08-12-2004, 07:14 PM
its going to be confusing since MTI (the Houston performance shop that bluethunder mentioned) has an LS7 package for the vette's and there is a few of them running around with LS7 badges on em.

Oh, and its still gonna be Chebby :D