PDA

View Full Version : Need some help...please.

jimbo68gt
08-13-2004, 12:53 AM
I've been a older Mustang owner for years and now I have the bug for a 03 cobra conv. but I have no knowledge on what was available for these. After looking at many ads I'm even more confused....wheels...some look more polished ro chromed than others. Did they make a chrome wheel? Roll bars...are they standard? Any info would be needed. I have many aftermarket questions as what are the hot mods but first I have to find out what is what on these great cars. Thanks again.

cobrabitn
08-13-2004, 01:09 AM
Well Jimbo,

You come to the right place as the majority of SCMC members are now 03-04 owners. 03-04 Cobras have every option available on any Mustang and then some. The only listed options are a "rear spoiler" delete which gives you zero credit. Chrome wheels are an option and look super cool on these cars. Don't forget 0-04 have IRS, Mach 460 sound system with 6 disc CD players, colored keyed mirrors, and 390 hp (grossly underrated) with 390 ftlbs of torque. Definitely faster then a Cobra R :rotf:

Rollbars are not standard and if you don't plan to run any type of track event, I would suggest a light bar for looks and functionality. If you plan to run some track events (we have a bunch every year) then I would opt for a rollbar that both looked great and served its safety purpose.

As for mods.... I highly suggest you view the archives to see what all has been discussed. You most definitely will want to have a Cold air kit and aftermarket catback as you will increase your horsepower dramatically all for under $600.00. I also recommend joining a club (this one I hope) to learn more about your car, get discounts at events, support this BB you are using, and take advantage of our after market vendor dicounts.

We also have a mailing list for technical questions at:
svtcobra-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Hope that helps! :thumbsup:

jimbo68gt
08-18-2004, 01:34 AM
Thanks for the info on the Cobra's. All I've done over the last 10yrs or so is read about the 60's and 70's Mustangs and now its caught up to me. I've learned alot over the last week or so and I've actually found a car that I'd like to get. Now I'm just working out the price. If I do get it, how do I become a SCMC member? I'll keep you posted on what happens with the deal.

cobrabitn
08-18-2004, 07:28 AM
To join, click here:

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/indexfiles/forms/SCMCMembershipApplication.pdf

:thumbsup:

jimbo68gt
08-18-2004, 11:15 PM
I'm close to a decision. I just have to sleep on it. Then I have to get it back to the east coast. If I do it I'll let you know. Thanks again for all the help.