:bounce: :bounce:
This is for you larry
http://www.fordracingparts.com/crateengine/modularcobra.asp

Did you mean- http://www.fordracingparts.com/crateengine/modularcobra.asp

http://www.fordracingparts.com/images/part/tn/M6007SC46_a.jpg

?????????

Firme
08-18-2004, 05:25 PM
Thats funny, they have a picture of the 03/04 Cobra 4.6L iron block supercharged 4v, but the item listed is a N/A aluminum block 5.0 cammer :retard:s

when you actually click into the link, they have the right picture for the 5.0 Cammer
http://www.fordracingparts.com/images/Part/Tn/m-6007-t50ea.jpg

also the listed specs or the 99 Cobra engine are wrong both on the main page (supposed to be 320 hp/319tq instead of 305hp/315tq) and when you click the link, (HP is right, TQ is still off, but compression is wrong, supoosed to be 9.85:1)

AND then, there was no 2000 Cobra exept for the 100 made for Australia, and the 2000 Cobra R, they have a 2001 engine listed as a 2000, with the wrong specs again, but its $200 more than the 99 which is the same engine :retards:

bluethunder
08-18-2004, 05:30 PM
Thats funny, they have a picture of the 03/04 Cobra 4.6L iron block supercharged 4v, but the item listed is a N/A aluminum block 5.0 cammer :retard:s

when you actually click into the link, they have the right picture for the 5.0 Cammer

also the listed specs or the 99 Cobra engine are wrong both on the main page (supposed to be 320 hp/319tq instead of 305hp/315tq) and when you click the link, (HP is right, TQ is still off, but compression is wrong, supoosed to be 9.85:1)

You should call them and Tell them this edmond!
:rotf:

Carl G
08-18-2004, 08:59 PM

AND then, there was no 2000 Cobra exept for the 100 made for Australia, and the 2000 Cobra R, they have a 2001 engine listed as a 2000, with the wrong specs again, but its $200 more than the 99 which is the same engine :retards:
Where do you find the time to read all this inofrmation, that is more than i need to know :D :thumbsup:

jimmysidecarr
08-18-2004, 09:22 PM
Where do you find the time to read all this inofrmation, that is more than i need to know :D :thumbsup:
I think Edmond and I think alot alike....
I eat this stuff up!!!

What I want to know is.......

How much and when can we get.............

A 5.0 modular bare block??????----->3.70 bore
If I were papered$$$$$$$$..... :(
Which I'm not...
And I was going to put in better pistons on my Terminator engine....
I would also want to do a 3.70 bore engine....
Main reason--> unshrouds the valves = Much better flow and cylinder filling...
Secondary reason--> larger displacement = more power also:thumbsup:

Three ways to do it----> Darton sleeves = $$$$$$$
or 5.0 cammer (aluminum) block???????????????$$$$$$$$$$$$$
or Sean Hyland aluminum race block $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Think we will ever see 5.0 cammer bare blocks?????
:doubt: :scratch: :what:
I think the racers would be all over them ..........
IF!!!!!!
They aren't priced out of site.....
Jimmy :thumbsup:

Firme
08-18-2004, 10:00 PM
PREACH ON BROTHER Jimmy... yes we do think alot alike

Carl, like jimmy said "I eat this stuff up!!!". I just like knowing about stuff, and the surface information doesn't usually suffice, so I research the hell outa thing that catch my interests. :D And lets just say, I've been into Cobras a while now, so you can do the math on that one :cool:

03 cobra toy
08-18-2004, 10:20 PM
Jimmy you sig looks good....But what the hell are all the smilies about?? :D

jimmysidecarr
08-19-2004, 01:09 AM
Jimmy you sig looks good....But what the hell are all the smilies about?? :D

Most are just "excessive illustration" of me being........"somewhat taken" with my car....lol

Then we have a somewhat nebulous "smilie" illustration of my confusion over the non-connection between SVTOA.....and:teleport: SCMC...
Also note the revised SCMC member # :banghead:

Over at SVT PERF... we don't have all these very silly smilies...
They are just so damned cute!!!! :crazy:
Kid in a candy store syndrome :doubt:
Jimmy :thumbsup:

Carl G
08-19-2004, 09:15 AM
PREACH ON BROTHER Jimmy... yes we do think alot alike

Carl, like jimmy said "I eat this stuff up!!!". I just like knowing about stuff, and the surface information doesn't usually suffice, so I research the hell outa thing that catch my interests. :D And lets just say, I've been into Cobras a while now, so you can do the math on that one :cool:

I know :thumbsup: :) one thing, if I want to know anything about our cars I am just going to go straight to the source---YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shane
08-19-2004, 09:45 AM
Read the whole page it said Photo's and spec's may vary . Thats any motor you buy

Firme
08-19-2004, 11:51 AM
Read the whole page it said Photo's and spec's may vary . Thats any motor you buy

yeah I saw that, that was kinda what I was talking about since they are siting actual FORD factory spec crates, but then "specs and pics may vary"

that site aside.........

The 5.0L CAMMER is a an AWESOME engine and like Jimmy stated, that BLOCK alone (aluminum & 3.70 bore) is VERY VERY NICE

Shane
08-19-2004, 02:26 PM
Yes it's a very well built motor . Thinking of dropping one in my 66 mustang . :thumbsup:

Firme
08-19-2004, 04:19 PM
Yes it's a very well built motor . Thinking of dropping one in my 66 mustang . :thumbsup:

OMFG :drool: :eek:

DO IT

Levi
08-19-2004, 04:21 PM
OK you dude's just stopit,,,, I dont even have the suspension mods complete and I have to deal with this too. :rotf:

5.0 Cammer :drool:

Levi
08-19-2004, 04:22 PM

OMFG :drool: :eek:

DO IT

I second that. Go for it.:thumbsup:

Shane
08-19-2004, 04:53 PM
just think 66 mustang this a 2000 pound car . With front and rear coil over kit with a 400 ++ hp motor :D :thumbsup: :bounce:

Codes
08-19-2004, 10:16 PM
My mom always said if I approached my school studies the same way I approached car info and stuff than I would have been number 1 in my class. I love that kind of stuff too, its uber interesting.