PDA

View Full Version : Always an Adventure!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carl G
08-22-2004, 09:49 PM
Today Deb and I went for a drive and headed out 290 west. The weather was not the best but it got better the futher west we went. Got to Chappel Hill and took a right on Hwy 1155 heading for Washington on the Brazos. It is 20 miles of great curves and beautiful country side. I had a blast with the new suspension. Edmond I think you are going to like this setup when you drive. Anyway we got to the state park and it is a great place for us to do a club meet. Great Pic nic grounds and good parking. We toured the place for an hour and this is when the fun begins. We leave and head back the way we came and had the AC on, an then it stops blowing cold air. I could not figure out what was going on. Then all of a sudden I realized my motor was hot! Holy crap, stop the car. I realize then that th AC automatically shuts down when engine temperature gets to 240. Now I am thinking maybe this has something to do with why my water temperature gauge was bouncing back an forth from 190 to 215 like crazy going up. I thought well the A/c was on and maybe this had something to do with it. Turned the A/C off and truned the heater on to get the water to circulate. Temperature went back into the operating range but onthe high side. I stop th car again and wonder what could be wrong. The Belt was in place, no water leaking from hoses or water pump. Set there for 20 minutes and let motor cool down. By this time my water temp guage quit working and had to rely on Engine temp guage(idiot guage). Motor was in mid range temp and so we started off again. Got about 3 miles and it started running hot. Stopped in front of a house in the country and was looking at the motor scratching my head. A voice apears from around the hood, "need any help" . Well it turns out that this mans wifes sister husband is a wrecker driver in Brennum. He came out and towed us back to Houston. The last thing I need is to warp the heads or damage another motor. Guess I will have the car sent to Tommy Vaughn tomorrow for them to figure out what is wrong. What I want to say from all of this is that we need to look at November for a club cruise to this great area. It has some great back roads and curves made for our cars. We could pack lunches and cruise up there and spend the day. Long tables to hold all of us and nice shady Oak trees. Lets think about this :thumbsup:

93KingCobra
08-22-2004, 10:44 PM
Carl, You just have the worst luck sometimes... Hope everything works out at Tommie V.

That sounds like a great location for a meet or a cruise :bounce:

bluethunder
08-23-2004, 12:03 AM
Sucks to hear carl! I'll most likely see your car up at TV tom.!

Hope it gets fixed quick, I hear there are some cones that are waiting to be run over.

Jesse99
08-23-2004, 01:11 AM
Wow, sorry to hear about your car.. I hope everything turns out okay.. But reading about your adventure make me think the scenery is beautiful.. I think me and Hollie will have to make a trip down there to check it out.. Let me know if the next meeting is there.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

msmap
08-23-2004, 10:02 PM
Sorry to hear about your car, Carl, but ya know,

IT IS A FORD :rotf:

Hope ya get it fixed quick!