PDA

View Full Version : Tires...what should I go w/??

JTSVT
08-25-2004, 07:43 PM
OK the previous owner had some drag radials put on...they're pretty much bald (perfect for track though)...I plan on hittin the track this weekend but afterwards Id like to get some all season/performance tires for the rear.....any suggestions on whats best for our cars.....Id be going 315.....oh and if anyone has any or knows someone who will trade their 10.5 rear rims for my stockers plus alittle cash let me know....I love that wide look:eek: ----Thx Jon

cobrabitn
08-25-2004, 10:34 PM
Well, since you don't have snow in Houston, I would recommend the Bridgestone Potenzas, Dunlops, or Falken radials. I cannot verify the size you want but a quick trip to www.tirerack.com should help you out. :thumbsup:

Sorry, can't help on the rims either. :(

cobracrazy
08-26-2004, 12:25 AM
If I read correctly you said you were going with 315s.

Aren't the stock wheels too small for 315s? I have alway heard that the side wall performance is greatly decreased if you put too much meat on a small rim?

Right???????

JTSVT
08-26-2004, 12:51 PM
If I read correctly you said you were going with 315s.

Aren't the stock wheels too small for 315s? I have alway heard that the side wall performance is greatly decreased if you put too much meat on a small rim?

Right???????
Dont think so......the stockers are 9" so I dont think its a "huge" difference.....to me it just seems to make the tires from going as wide as they can go.....I have another buddy w/ 10.5 and 315's and his tires look twice as wide as mine (alittle exaggeration;) )......as far as the sidewall everything looks fine to me......jon

beerkat
08-26-2004, 01:57 PM
Take a look at the NITTO 555 Extremes ZR for the street. I have run a set on my L for Several HPDE and AXs and have over 25,000 miles on and will get a couple of thousand more. I know that when I wear out the tires that are on now I will go with the NITTOs. They hook up very well in the wet or dry and are sticky oin the turns. :thumbsup:

Want something even more sticky look at the Nitto 555 RII. Thread wear 100 so they will not last as long, but performance is improved. These tires are made for road courses.