PDA

View Full Version : Larry's New "Mods"

Twice Bitten
08-27-2004, 02:33 PM
First off, a heartfelt THANK YOU for all of the kind words and good wishes for this morning's surgery.

Everything went relatively well - the doctor removed calcifications from the shoulder tendon, ground off a bone spur that was causing irritation, and ended up having to open the shoulder up to fix the rotator cuff which was made worse by the other repairs. The surgery took just over 1.5 hours.

He came home with a hellacious sling/positioner, a cold water/ice circulating machine, and a pain pump. It was amusing to see how fast Verced works, even in a guy his size. He was literally "drunk" within 20 seconds of the injection and now has a little retrograde amnesia (can't remember talking to the doctors or me...). I was hoping to get some of that to take home...there were patients there to see Dr. Rose (a local renowned surgeon who does breast implants and did a couple this morning...) so when Larry woke up and was still a little groggy, I told him he was now a "D" cup.

Overall, the recovery will be a little longer due to the extensiveness of the surgery. For those of you who have had this procedure, you understand the importance of the rehab and he has appreciated the advice (thanks Jimmy!). Keep it coming! David had him scared about being shaved from "nose to nipples" which was funny.

He looks forward to getting back up to speed, and will probably want to visit with everyone Tuesday night. We appreciate everyone's friendship and offers of help.

Rachel

Codes
08-27-2004, 02:42 PM
Glad to hear everything went ok.

Levi
08-27-2004, 02:56 PM
Glad to hear he is going to be ok and Rachel please call me if you need anything. :thumbsup:

Can't wait till tue to see Larry with those D cups. :p

:rotf:

Firme
08-27-2004, 03:27 PM
Glad to hear he is going to be ok and Rachel please call me if you need anything. :thumbsup:

Can't wait till tue to see Larry with those D cups. :p

Ditto

tell him to call me if hes up for what we talked about, or PM me

msmap
08-27-2004, 03:33 PM
Rachael, glad all went well and Larry is back at home. Wow, I wish I had some D cups, lol. Hope he is a good boy and does his rehab faithfully so he can get back to normal asap :thumbsup:

coleman
08-27-2004, 03:45 PM
... I told him he was now a "D" cup.
:love:

Bartman01
08-27-2004, 05:27 PM
Ouch. Glad to hear he came through it fine. I know what you mean about the pain killer - I had my appendix taken out one summer and I missed the first week or two of school. When I finally got to the dorm everything I needed for the semester was waiting for me. Surprised, I called my mom (back overseas at this point) to find out how she knew what to get. Apparently we had a long conversation about it right after the surgery that I to this day can't remember.

Evilcartman
08-27-2004, 05:31 PM
Good to hear it all went well. Keep us posted on his recovery.

Twice Bitten
08-27-2004, 06:55 PM
tanks eberywon, nnow i nead aaa left hannnded moouse,
Larry

Firme
08-27-2004, 06:59 PM
Larry

pst, just pick up the mouse , put it on the left side.

if your really anal retentive about it being a left hand mouse,

go to START>SETTINGS>CONTROL PANEL, double click on MOUSE. The Mouse properties dialogue box pops up with the BUTTONS tab displayed. Click "LEFT-Handed", and click OK. That will reverse the buttons for you so that that "regular click" button is for the Index finger.

:jk: sure you wanted all that right.. but it might be an interesting read on meds

jimmysidecarr
08-27-2004, 07:02 PM
WOW!!.... He had the amnesia thing too?!?!?
Same here!!!!
Doctor came out ... explained this that the other thing I'm nodding, saying yep, ok, yep, uh huh, yep.....

DON"T REMEMBER A SINGLE BIT OF ANY OF IT!!!!
In fact... I asked Gail about 8 or 10 times did you pay the deductable????
I must have almost driven her nuts that first 3 or 4 hours after surgery.... :dizzy:
They had to open mine up too...
Best of luck and hoping for good success on the recovery :thumbsup:
Your semi-new friend Jimmy :thumbsup:

Twice Bitten
08-27-2004, 07:08 PM
Rachel has a mouse desiged for engineers/architecs, the one that you move the cursor by rolling your right thumb over a small ball . has me all messed up :rotf: :baby: :bounce:

jimmysidecarr
08-27-2004, 07:11 PM
Rachel has a mouse desiged for engineers/architecs, the one that you move the cursor by rolling your right thumb over a small ball . has me all messed up :rotf: :baby: :bounce:

Time to upgrade to voice activation!....... j/k

Jimmy :thumbsup:

Carl G
08-27-2004, 07:13 PM
Larry
Glad everything went well today, letus know if we can do anything for you. Call when you feel better.

93KingCobra
08-27-2004, 07:42 PM
Larry

Gald to hear everything went OK :thumbsup: Like I said before if you need anything just let me know!!!

cobrapace94
08-27-2004, 10:11 PM
Glad everything went good for you Larry. I bet a GT would help ease the pain!!!! :eek: :thumbsup: :bounce: :rotf: Been there on the surgery, Hmmmm drugs..

03 cobra toy
08-28-2004, 10:53 AM
I'm glad to see the boob job and sex change went ok ;)

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

coleman
08-28-2004, 12:05 PM
yeah, yeah, yeah! ... but do they feel real? :rotf:

Twice Bitten
08-28-2004, 05:59 PM
If only we could figure out where the loaded magazine goes in that weapon...

Codes
08-29-2004, 09:08 PM
If only we could figure out where the loaded magazine goes in that weapon...Haha, I was thinking more along the lines of punching through a few walls:)

Twice Bitten
08-29-2004, 09:18 PM

97CasperCobra
08-29-2004, 09:36 PM
Glad to see your ugly mug Larry. Hope to see ya soon man......I'll be glad to stop by and take you for a drive in ANY of your cars man. :D

Levi
08-30-2004, 09:04 AM
Looks like something from Mad Max. :D

Codes
08-30-2004, 03:54 PM
You know, he could go to a bank and pull the Vault door off of its hinges and buy us all brand spankin new GTs...eh...ehhhh.

Twice Bitten
08-30-2004, 05:16 PM
Haa Haaaaaaaowwwcccchhhhh! It hurts to laugh! :rotf:

JBoden
08-30-2004, 09:14 PM
Glad everything went well. Keep us informed and let us know if you need anything.

:)