PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust System

solo
08-28-2004, 01:13 AM
:thumbsup:

Hi all have a 2001 cobra and I am looking to put an exhaust system in, but not sure witch one to buy. I am currently looking at the flowmaster 50 sires. Does any one have this and does it sound as good and the sound clips from the web? Would greatly appreciate any suggestions. I am manly looking to give my car a more rumble and better sound as I pass ya by.

Thanks to all that give remarks and info.

nckissfan
08-28-2004, 07:08 AM
I am going to spend the extra money on the Bassani system. It is stainless steel, so it will last a lot longer, and it has the meanest rumble on the market, in my opinion.

Firme
08-28-2004, 07:20 AM
here are a bunch of sound clips

http://www.mustangexhaust.com/4.6sounds.htm

ausie
08-28-2004, 07:46 AM
It all depends on what you want. I would listen to the sound clips that Firme posted. I have a friend with a 5.0 with a mac cat back and it really sounds like there is a whole lot more motor under the hood at idle. However, since the 4v motors have a distinct sound as compared to the 2v cousins, what sounds good on a 2v motor may not sound all that great on an 4V. Some exhausts sound tiny or raspy with the stock headers and h-pipe and may sound better with an X pipe and long tube headers.

It boils down to your preference. Note once the cat-back is installed it will be very loud for a few hundred miles then all of a sudden become quiet. Eventually the sound will return but not as loud as it was originally. I did not think this was possible until I installed a cat back on my 01 Cobra, SLP Loudmouth (good quality materials, the hardware is great [clamp design], and best of all very good sound without too much drone!) My alternate choices would have been Bassani or Borla.

smashedheadcat
08-28-2004, 05:13 PM
:thumbsup:

Hi all have a 2001 cobra and I am looking to put an exhaust system in, but not sure witch one to buy. I am currently looking at the flowmaster 50 sires. Does any one have this and does it sound as good and the sound clips from the web? Would greatly appreciate any suggestions. I am manly looking to give my car a more rumble and better sound as I pass ya by.[/color]
[/color]
Thanks to all that give remarks and info.

I recommend the borla stinger catback. With the stock midpipe, it gives a great sound. It makes great power, it's made with t-304 stainless steel, and it's got rolled 4 inch chrome tips. :D Add the midpipe of your choice, and everyone will know you're coming. :)