PDA

View Full Version : Just got laid off

bluethunder
08-30-2004, 04:57 PM
Partner comes into my office this afternoon, Drops down a load of stuff for me to do and then leaves. We'll he comes back about an hour later and asks me to come to his office as he has some questions about something. Then he unleash's the bomb on me! He sits down, and tells me they have to let me go as they are downsizing. He also tells me that they are giving me a one month severance package ( about a month ago it was 6 months) and that I can finish out the day if I'd like. So In start walking back to my office( not mine now) and the raiding of my desk has already begun. Someone took my little clock radio and all my little post it notes and all my zip disks.

After *****ing some girl out I get my radio and collect my things and then leave. I also left all that work he just brought me on the desk as well.

So to make a long story short, anyone know of some job openings in the legal field or sales?

03 cobra toy
08-30-2004, 04:59 PM
Partner comes into my office this afternoon, Drops down a load of stuff for me to do and then leaves. We'll he comes back about an hour later and asks me to come to his office as he has some questions about something. Then he unleash's the bomb on me! He sits down, and tells me they have to let me go as they are downsizing. He also tells me that they are giving me a one month severance package ( about a month ago it was 6 months) and that I can finish out the day if I'd like. So In start walking back to my office( not mine now) and the raiding of my desk has already begun. Someone took my little clock radio and all my little post it notes and all my zip disks.

After *****ing some girl out I get my radio and collect my things and then leave. I also left all that work he just brought me on the desk as well.

So to make a long story short, anyone know of some job openings in the legal field or sales?

Sorry man :(

bluethunder
08-30-2004, 05:03 PM
Now I got about 2 days for fishing or get the coupe going to sell.

Anyone wanna buy a freshly built coupe?

Codes
08-30-2004, 05:17 PM
God dude, I am so so sorry. I hate to hear that kind of stuff, gives me a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. But dude, things have a way of working themselves out. Wish there was something I could do to help ya out man, but im a college student looking for a job. Things have a way of working out though, something will turn up. Good luck, and keep us updated as best as you can. Again, sorry to hear it dude. Good Luck -Cody

Levi
08-30-2004, 05:18 PM
I would love to have your coupe, but you need to hang on to it and hang in there things have a way of working them self out. :D

Firme
08-30-2004, 05:33 PM
Damn Joey that sucks.

I will keep my eyes open.

cobrapace94
08-30-2004, 05:36 PM
Dang Joey, I really hate to hear about someone loosing their job, not a good feeling.
Good luck in finding a new job.
Darrell

bluethunder
08-30-2004, 06:07 PM
I would love to have your coupe

Make me an offer!

you know the thing that pisses me off the most, these Fockers couldn't even wait till I was gone to start raiding my desk!

Twice Bitten
08-30-2004, 06:29 PM
That sucks big time :(

bluethunder
08-30-2004, 06:30 PM
That sucks big time :(

now that I got a few days off, Wanna Go fishing or go and tow something?

Twice Bitten
08-30-2004, 06:39 PM
You should call LULAC, they were profiling, and that is just wrong! :mad:
I need to go back to work, before I get replaced :(

You could go hook up to my trailer and drive around town :thumbsup:

bluethunder
08-30-2004, 06:46 PM
You should call LULAC, they were profiling, and that is just wrong! :mad:

I don't care who you are, That's not funny!

I need to go back to work, before I get replaced :(

they already have someone with 2 good arms and bigger boobs that replaced you. :rotf: :rotf:

You could go hook up to my trailer and drive around town :thumbsup:

don't tempt me! I got an offer on the coupe if I wanna deliver it to Jackson, Mississippi!

Carl G
08-30-2004, 07:28 PM
Sorry to hear Joey, If I hear of anything I will let you know. :)

Evilcartman
08-30-2004, 08:05 PM
Damn Joey, I'm real sorry to here that. Same thing happened to me 3 years ago. I ended up getting a job I love and pays 20% more.

Carl G
08-30-2004, 09:27 PM
Joey PM me with Job description, Deb has a couple of contacts in your field. She will check and see if they are hiring and get back to you. :thumbsup:

jimmysidecarr
08-30-2004, 09:32 PM
Joey..
Sorry to here that...
But I have been listening to you, and I know you were not happy there.
I don't think it was a good fit for your skills....... Promoting, sales, .... your good at that stuff...
After you cool off....
Look at some possibilities..... Something you would LOVE!!!..... Not tolerate.
The job that brought me to Houston(fabricator) .... in 95..... laid me off..... in 98.
I applied at every large dealership in Houston(Ford,Linc/Merc).... 14 I think...
5 said they were interested...
Anyway long story short...
Texan Linc/Merc/Isuzu...... hired me...... Getting laid off resulted in a 3 thousand dollar a year raise ..... It happens.

Look for solutions

Your good Joey ..... find something that's a better fit :thumbsup:
Jimmy :fordflag:

93KingCobra
08-30-2004, 10:01 PM
Dame I'm always the last to know. Sorry to hear it Bro I hope everything works out. Let me know if I can help!!

Twice Bitten
08-30-2004, 10:05 PM
There are some really caring people in this group with good advice and lots of experience to share. Stick close to those who have your best interest at heart. It may seem cliche to say "things happen for a reason," but they do. Life is about doing what you love, and loving what you do. I would have never changed from petroleum engineering to speech pathology if several life events had not taken place. All of the advice your friends have given so far is good and from the heart. The sun will rise tomorrow, no matter what. Take this opportunity to make tomorrow the first day of your new career.

I promise I am not sharing Larry's Vicodin prescription. ;) If I hear of any leads I will let you know pronto.

xoxo....Rachel

cobrabitn
08-30-2004, 10:16 PM
After I lost my job, I took a week off to calm down and try to work out a plan to get back up and going. The worst thing you could do is do nothing and feel sorry for yourself. Go out and do some things you have been wanting to do for a while and then after a week.... go job hunting. I also used a temp agency to fill in the gap till I found a job. After a year, I was making more as a driver then I was as a manager, go figure??

Keep the chin up, keep the car, there will always be a solution to your problems. Ask the one being who can truly help and He will deliver!

Tony