PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust on 04 Cobra

Skill
09-02-2004, 12:59 AM
Can I please get some help choosing the right exhaust for this vehicle? Any recomendations?? I love the sound of the Flowmaster Delta Flow-40 series, but they do not make a kit for this car.Also, do I change out the H-pipe with a straight thru or with cats?? Oxygen sensors or no oxygen sensors?? Your help would be deeply appreciated................Skill:(

cobrabitn
09-02-2004, 06:23 AM
Well, if you are changing out the h-pipe for an OR pipe then you will need MIL's to stop the check engine light from coming on. You will still need the O2 sensors to plug the holes in the pipe. If you have a sniffer test in Chicago then you will have to opt for high flow cats to keep it legal.

I gained hp from going to a Magnaflow catback but I feel they are still too quiet for me. If you want to be a little louder at idle and a lot louder at WOT then you can go that way, too.

Either way, you definitely need an aftermarket exhaust to help your Snake out. :)

beerkat
09-02-2004, 08:12 AM
I have Flowmasters muffler on my '03 using the stock pipes. I will probally change to a Borla or Bassini system some time in the future.

Exhaust systems are a lot like beer, everyone is going to have thier favorite. You just need to go with your own taste.:thumbsup:

Mirage
09-02-2004, 01:45 PM
Skill~ I've been running Borla for over two years on my '03 Cobra and I still love the sound today as I did the first day I heard the motor turn over. Not to mention a nice increase in HP (dyno tested of course). In the past I've always used Flowmasters but at the time Borla had a cat-back system available and FM did not. Now that I tried another product, if I ever do get another Cobra, it's going to be a Borla system for sure.

BIGV
09-02-2004, 05:23 PM
I have a magnaflow it sounds great the stang still sounds like a stang very deep and throaty it is plenty loud for me it will get louder with a x-pipe long tube headers cai so if your are planning any of these mods keep that in mind. bassani is a great exhaust but it will give the cobra a european sports car sound so if that is what your looking for go for the bassani my friend has it on his 03 and loves it also the bassani have 4 inch tips there really big again your prefrence. keep in mind if you like flowmaster you will probobly want the magnaflow they have a similar sound if you do decide to go magnaflow go to completeexhaust.com best price I found and im cheap I searched for months before buying cost 352.00 :D shipped to my house pay no attention to the price on the screen call them and tell them you heard about them in your cobra forum he will give you a special price.

Big T
09-02-2004, 09:18 PM
I have the flomaster american thunder catback and a bbk x-pipe with high flow cats. I noticed a good power increase. The sound is very good, but the flo's did not line up properly and I had to get a muffler shop to bend them to fit under the car. Also I have had some leakage with the x-pipe where it comes into the manifold. The lip did not fit properly. Although everything is now O.K. I would probably avoid these 2 items.