PDA

View Full Version : Who is planning on making Dragon Run IV???

Hazman
09-03-2004, 09:29 AM
Post up here if you are planning on making Dragon Run IV on Oct. 23, 2004!!!

We are Rick & Jayne McNutt

beerkat
09-03-2004, 01:33 PM
We will be there Thursdays night.

Patches and Kim Reed

redsnake99
09-03-2004, 02:08 PM
If I have any car left after the Autocross the day before, yes!

Big Daddy
09-03-2004, 05:18 PM
I'll be arriving Friday evening! Ready for the Dragon Saturday!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

nckissfan
09-03-2004, 06:28 PM
Tina, and I are thinking of it. But, we are probably stay on the NC side. I was wanting to stay in Dillsboro, NC, where we spent our honeymoon. If all goes well, we will meet up with the group in the morning, coming the opposite way.

RF Cobra
09-03-2004, 08:53 PM
We are planning to get there sometime on Friday so we can get that dragon Sat.:touche:

Allan & Leah

RF Cobra
09-03-2004, 08:55 PM
Tina, and I are thinking of it. But, we are probably stay on the NC side. I was wanting to stay in Dillsboro, NC, where we spent our honeymoon. If all goes well, we will meet up with the group in the morning, coming the opposite way.
We spent our belated honeymoon over there at Mountainbrook just outside of Dillsboro. Where are you looking at staying?

nckissfan
09-04-2004, 10:34 AM
that is where we will try to stay. That is, also, where we spent our honeymoon. We loved our stay at Mountainbrook. They are real nice people.

RF Cobra
09-04-2004, 01:07 PM
that is where we will try to stay. That is, also, where we spent our honeymoon. We loved our stay at Mountainbrook. They are real nice people.
We had gone down to ride the train with Julian and we were staying at Mountainbrook for the third time the weekend of the club's 5th anniversary celebration in TN. They are always so helpful. They knew we were checking in early since we wanted to eat lunch before the train ride. However, the people that were checking out were late leaving and the cabin wasn't ready yet. It was raining which prevented us from having a picnic so she let us go up to her house and we had a picnic on her front porch. :)

The only disappointment was that I didn't like the new hot tub as well as the old one, which had more jets in better locations.

:firebounc

nckissfan
09-04-2004, 02:31 PM
well, it turns out that they are booked up, other than two bedrooms. They, also, require a three night stay for that weekend, so we will have to go somewhere else. We rode the train from Dillsboro, to Bryson City. I love riding the train, very fun.

RF Cobra
09-06-2004, 09:52 PM
well, it turns out that they are booked up, other than two bedrooms. They, also, require a three night stay for that weekend, so we will have to go somewhere else. We rode the train from Dillsboro, to Bryson City. I love riding the train, very fun.
I sent you a Private Message. Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

Yeller'
09-13-2004, 12:11 AM
I'm in like Flynn.

Robbie '96
09-13-2004, 09:30 PM
Count Patti and I in . Will arrive on Friday with Parkway gang.

RCodeKelly
09-15-2004, 01:13 PM
I'll be there with 2 Machs! :thumbsup:

flynfink
09-15-2004, 10:06 PM
I'm there with the Parkway gang. Some sections of the parkway are closed so I have to reroute.
The parkway is closed:
Near Linville Falls in Avery County from milepost 317 south to milepost 325.
From milepost 344 at N.C. 80 near Marion in McDowell County to milepost 355 at Mount Mitchell State Park in Yancey County.
Near Waynesville in Haywood County from milepost 412 at U.S. 276 to milepost 443.

lorahcobra
09-20-2004, 05:50 PM
We'll be there early Saturday AM!! :bounce: :bounce: Probably Jason too. :thumbsup:

Hazman
09-28-2004, 09:50 AM
Shirt orders are due tomorrow!!!!
http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7258

09-29-2004, 07:34 PM
Hello, I am new to this site. I have already signed up for the autocross. Can anyone help me find the following information. I can not find where you are planning on starting the run from or the start time. What is the route and where will it end. I am going to be in the area so I might as well go along on the run.

beerkat
09-30-2004, 12:17 PM
normally we go as a group from the host hotel parking lot.

cowboyharry
10-05-2004, 11:26 PM
I can not be there. have national guard that week end :raise:

RCodeKelly
10-18-2004, 12:14 PM
Is there a tentative car count? I have several friends with Cobras down this way and I've told them all about it, not sure if any can make it but I wanted to give them some idea how big it will be this year. Last year weren't there 50ish cars? That was awesome! :D

cobrabitn
10-18-2004, 08:38 PM
RCode Kelley,

Nothing is guaranteed but last year we had a 52 car count, if that helps?

Thanks!

Cobrabitn

ITLRUN
10-20-2004, 10:27 PM
:thumbsup: I will be there with RCode Kelly. I would like to thank you guys for having us on your cruise. I am looking forward to meeting you all there.

I have a Mach that likes to think its bad... Maybe some of you guys can show me the "fast" way through there ;) .

Big Daddy
10-21-2004, 09:03 AM
I've tried to do my best to make the Dragon Run as this is one of the most fun events we do as a club. BUTT, between my job and some personal issues going on with my oldest son, I will be a no show for this year. Tony, would you please get my t-shirts and I'll mail payment to whomever you tell me to.

Thanks!

cobra9793
10-21-2004, 06:32 PM
I hope everybody enjoys themselves and are safe. Especially you snaps watch for guard rails and anything else that might get in your way ;) . I guess i might see everyone sometime soon. :thumbsup:

RCodeKelly
10-24-2004, 09:35 PM
Wow, what a blast!!! Thanks again for letting us Mach folks join up... and glad I was able to provide some... uh... "entertainment" for the fast folks! :D

LeadSSled
11-04-2004, 05:22 PM
In case you weren't aware, Killboy has photos up for the day the Mustangs cruised the Dragon (10/23). www.killboy.com (http://www.killboy.com/)

photos may be found here: http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?storefront?b=1&c=04RK
click on "Deals Gap, October 22-24"

Please note that Killboy posted the following message on his site:

Thursday - October 28, 2004
Cars dominated the scene last weekend. There was a gathering of SVT Mustangs, BMW Z cars, Mini Coopers, and a handful of S2000s, Miatas, VWs and Corvettes. Most of the sportscars seemed to be driving pretty well from the section I could see, with the exception of a few in the Mustang bunch. That's disappointing because they have been driving well in previous visits...I hope they find this disturbing and encourage new members to be more respectful...as we all should. (I'm in a tough position here...trying to encourage responsibility so we can all enjoy the road with minimal babysitting by the local enforcement...don't hate me)

ITLRUN
11-04-2004, 07:02 PM
I noticed the note on Killboy's site earlier in the week. I cant imagine what happened later in the day. I had a blast "pushing" the Cobra's through the Dragon early in the am. That was almost as much fun as meeting the Sheriff at the foot of the mountain in Tellico. :eek:

Yeller'
11-05-2004, 11:02 AM
That was almost as much fun as meeting the Sheriff at the foot of the mountain in Tellico.

What did he say?
Juicy details please.... :D

RCodeKelly
11-05-2004, 12:37 PM
What did he say?
Juicy details please.... :D
He was very cool... I don't think the hunters alongside the Cherohala had taken too kindly to us hammering through at insane speeds, and so several complaints had been called in about a "bunch of Mustangs raising cain" through there. We, of course, mentioned that the mountains were full of Stangs that day so it was quite possible (but it surely was not us). He said "funny, this group was led by a blue and a black one". Busted!

By the time we met him at Tellico, we were in traffic and driving normally, so he saw no wrongdoing. He did say, however, that had we not stopped at the restaurant there were 2 more officers waiting for us down the road. 3 of the county's 4 deputies on duty that day were apparently sent for us! He was cool, he knew why we were there and he was just reminding us why he was. :thumbsup: